test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Doff Active Duty questions?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
I know you can have 10 Doffs assigned to active duty. I was wondering is there any other restriction/limit?

I'm asking because I wanted to have two energy weapons and one projectile weapons Doffs, but can't do that. If I have the energy and projectile weapons active when I try to assign another energy it bumps on of the others off. They are all white
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I have a dumb question I have 52 Doffs but only 5 active. What do the actives do?
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Each specialization is limited to between 1 and 3 active at a time, you're probably hitting the limit on energy weapons officers. Projectile weapons officers can go up to 3.

Docword: The active ones are the only ones whose listed buffs apply.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    oh wow im stupid i need to get more actives lol ty
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Docword wrote:
    oh wow im stupid i need to get more actives lol ty

You can only have 5 on active space + 5 on active ground, at any time.

The rest are for actual DOFF missions ;)
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    The restrictions on how many of which types you can assign vary according to specialization.

For example, it won't let you slot more than one Armory Officer if I remember correctly. The reason is probably because you could wind up spawning more than your fair share of turrets and it would become a kind of 'pet spam'.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    bluegeek wrote: »
    The restrictions on how many of which types you can assign vary according to specialization.

For example, it won't let you slot more than one Armory Officer if I remember correctly. The reason is probably because you could wind up spawning more than your fair share of turrets and it would become a kind of 'pet spam'.

Any idea what the limits are? I wanted 2 projectile and 2 energy weapons. But it look like the combined limit is 2
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Any idea what the limits are? I wanted 2 projectile and 2 energy weapons. But it look like the combined limit is 2

It's always either 0, 1 or 3, and the restriction is always by specialization. Projectile is three; I can't recall offhand if Energy Weapons is three or one, though.
  • Options
    ajay80ajay80 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    can i get more active duty slots for officers or is 10 the limit?
  • Options
    tickdofftickdoff Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I was running with 3 Energy Weapons Officers while testing out the new cannon DOFFs, so you can definately have 3 of those at the same time. Same with the torp DOFFs.

Of course there is not really much of a reason to use blue/purple cannon DOFFs (or beam) since the global cooldown trumps the reduced cooldown from those DOFFs.

What they should do is make the DOFF reduce cooldown by 2/3/4/5 seconds ALL the time, that would let you stack 3 purple cannon doffs and have all your cannon powers be limited only by the global cooldown, thus freeing up BOFF power slots for other fun toys. But that might be a bit overpowered.
  • Options
    blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    ajay80 wrote: »
    can i get more active duty slots for officers or is 10 the limit?

5 space and 5 ground are the limit. AFAIK, There is no way to gain more active slots.

Aliella Hawklight, Divine Oracle Devoted Cleric
    "Whenever a time arises where clarity is desired, it is always wise to reflect on the sage within."
    ― Sereda Aleta Dailey

DaiMon Moogie, U.S.S. Acquisition
    Rule of Acquisition #57: Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.

STO LTS since launch; NW player since 2014; ARC user - only when I have to put in codes for free stuff :)
  • Options
    sojournerxsojournerx Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I'd like to see this expanded somehow. Perhaps the higher the rank (and presumably the bigger the ship) you could accrue more active slots..a tier system, I guess.