test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A call for another starship design contest

alphaomega1500alphaomega1500 Member Posts: 126 Arc User
edited July 2012 in Federation Discussion
I think it is time that STO has another starship design contest.

To design the first FEDERATION & KDF DREADNAUGHT type starship.

The first starship able to go one on one with a BORG CUBE ship.

From either the Federation or the KDF side

With two major proviso.

Major Proviso 1

The Dreadnaught can only be built at a Fleetbase.

It will be built by gathering need material, personal,ECT. Just like the Fleetbases were

Major Proviso 2

Here is where a new idea comes in.

Fleet ranks depending on material brought in, Fleet missions, ECT.

Because only A FLEET ADMIRAL can own & operate this starship

I'll give my opinion for design requirements a bit later on
Post edited by alphaomega1500 on

Comments

• admlshakeadmlshake Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Why even bother? The winner from the last one wasn't even the ship that was chosen.
  • rayezillarayezilla Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    they're already coming out with a wave of new ships, why would they make one that is even better?

though, I have seen vo'quv's 1v1 a borg cube, and kill KASE probes at the same time.
  • kylek27kylek27 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    if you really want another starship design contest, host a monthly contest for the community to express their creativity, when devs need an idea or the community likes what they see, then the opinions can be sent out and possibly turned into an actual in-game asset. It's a win-win imo.
  • sollafsollaf Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Capin' Logan said that there would not be another contest like that, due to PR nightmare that was created with the last one.
    Sollaf: Join date Sep 2009, Lifer. Disgruntled with the JHSS, my Bug feels less shiny now.
  • admlshakeadmlshake Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    sollaf wrote: »
    Capin' Logan said that there would not be another contest like that, due to PR nightmare that was created with the last one.

I'm not surprised. A lot of us were pretty peeved at how the whole thing turned out. We spent weeks submitting ideas, voted on them, had a winner only to be told "oh well CBS liked this one more so thats the one we are going to go with! Thanks a bunch guys!" which turned out to be the Oddy.
  • jkstocbrjkstocbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    sollaf wrote: »

Well that's what happens when you exclude a large chunk of the player base. It's amazing that they didn't see that coming :rolleyes:
  • tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    rayezilla wrote: »
    they're already coming out with a wave of new ships, why would they make one that is even better?

though, I have seen vo'quv's 1v1 a borg cube, and kill KASE probes at the same time.

Atrox can do it too.
  • galaxy118galaxy118 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    jkstocbr wrote: »
    Well that's what happens when you exclude a large chunk of the player base. It's amazing that they didn't see that coming :rolleyes:

Who won the popular vote then?
  • hawks3052hawks3052 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Cryptic won't survive another PR desaster like that one from the Next Enterprise contest.