test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Roll Playing

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited July 2012 in Federation Discussion
OK im not part of a fleet but is there anyway to roll play a fleet, OK hard for me to explain but the best I can come up with is the Borg Red Alert Missions where its a bit random as to what ships / lvls you get, unlike the STF's where really (through very occasionally I take my T3 for a spin) you get T5 maxed out ships with the best kit etc and its the same 3 STF's ...

Another example might be that your in space and your fleet Admiral puts out a hail for assisance in X sector so you race to help .. and As you arrive X sector you are taken into a mission .. it might have just started or you might be late to the party and X is happening and your needed .. and its a bit of a hodge-podge of ships lvls and abilities but working together you make it .. (or not as the case might be)

I hope im makeing some sort of sense :)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    If I understand what you're saying (and that'd be easier with less run-on sentences), you can use the foundry to create private missions specifically for your fleet, if you want.
  • teranikuteraniku Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Roll - Something you do with Dice, or a ball or when you roll your body to put out a fire on yourself.

Role -
    -a part or character played by an actor or actress.

-proper or customary function: the teacher's role in society.

-Sociology . the rights, obligations, and expected behavior patterns associated with a particular social status.

Thank you for your time.
  • kimmerakimmera Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    If I am hungry, I'll get a fleet to play dinner rolls. Unless they are German, in which cause they play kaiser rolls.

I don't think there is anywhere in STO that you can really roll play though.. if you feel like going for a spin, you can always play Dabo :)
  • quiscustodietquiscustodiet Member Posts: 350
    edited July 2012
    teraniku wrote: »
    Roll - Something you do with Dice, or a ball or when you roll your body to put out a fire on yourself.

Role -
    -a part or character played by an actor or actress.

-proper or customary function: the teacher's role in society.

-Sociology . the rights, obligations, and expected behavior patterns associated with a particular social status.

Thank you for your time.

Your service to literacy is duly noted and appreciated. We shall never forget those who were ignored on the frontlines of the battle of 1337speak hill.
  • mikewendellmikewendell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Your service to literacy is duly noted and appreciated. We shall never forget those who were ignored on the frontlines of the battle of 1337speak hill.

Especially when it;s a post from the old board.

I've seen about 3 dozen other typos just today. Feel free to point those out as well. ;)
  • quiscustodietquiscustodiet Member Posts: 350
    edited July 2012
    Alack, tis no typo, I'm afraid. (The "e" and the "l" are nowhere near each other)
    edited July 2012
    Alack, tis no typo, I'm afraid. (The "e" and the "l" are nowhere near each other)

Actually I was trying to be polite.

Not everyone can fully use a keyboard (I have a bad tremour. I can't fully use a keyboard. Perfect example is those semicolons I stick in everything.)

Nor is English their first language. (I've seen quite a few posts here that look like they've gone though google translate)

Nor are they physically capable of spelling. I'm a three time stroke survivor. That part of my brain barely works.

Misspellings get the benefit of the doubt with me unless it involves coding where a misspelling will break a program.
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,903 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Since we are "roll" playing, can i be the Kaiser?
    sig.jpg
    edited July 2012
    Since we are "roll" playing, can i be the Kaiser?

The Kaiser is the first one up against the wall.