test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

C-Store Credits Question

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Hey guys, just a quick couple of questions about some purchases that I've already made, and some other questions about purchases I may make, depending on their use. I'm not signed in right now, so you'll have to excuse me if I'm naming things incorrectly.

1) The bank inventory slots ~ there is an unlock which enables you another 12 boxes, I think six times over? If purchased on one account (which I've done already) will all the boxes I've paid for (I've maxed out now) be avaliable on a second character if I were to ever create one, or would I have to purchase all the box slots again?

2) Bridge Crew ~ I may be wrong on the title, but there is an option in the C-Store that suggests I can increase my crew slot by two people. Again, as above, if I purchase this, is it specific to a single character, or is this unlock across for each character avaliable to given user?

There was a third question, but I've forgotten it. These two will be enough for now though.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Both items are for a single character.
    edited February 2012
    Also, I want to clarify the bridge crew slots...

I spend some points on a set of two bridge crew slots. I had (mistakenly) expected the slots to increase the number of slots available on my ship (IE, stations) but instead they just allow you to have two additional slots available for use.

For me, that was a waste but a lesson well learned. Just wanted you to be aware in case you thought the same thing.
    edited February 2012
    dean1012 wrote: »
    Also, I want to clarify the bridge crew slots...

I spend some points on a set of two bridge crew slots. I had (mistakenly) expected the slots to increase the number of slots available on my ship (IE, stations) but instead they just allow you to have two additional slots available for use.

For me, that was a waste but a lesson well learned. Just wanted you to be aware in case you thought the same thing.
    Those additional BO slots can be very useful... During space combat, I can now switch between BOs with Torp High Yield/Beam Overload vs. Beam Fire at Will/Torp Scattered Volley, depending if I'm facing a mob or a single target.

Ship properties are fixed, and can never be modified... so that's easy enough to remember...
    edited February 2012
    Cosmic_One wrote: »
    Both items are for a single character.
    That is a slight disappointment, but I thank you for answering my query. :)
    dean1012 wrote: »
    I was always under the impression that station slots were fixed, though away teams and space combat could be alternated depending upon your desired setup.

Alas, I think some of the descriptions for the C-Store items could do with being a little more in depth. I've made a couple of purchases myself because I thought I would be able to do something I later found out wasn't the case, all because of the item description.
    edited February 2012
    Alas, I think some of the descriptions for the C-Store items could do with being a little more in depth. I've made a couple of purchases myself because I thought I would be able to do something I later found out wasn't the case, all because of the item description.
    Are you reading the descriptions on the website or in-game? The only reason I ask is that the website descriptions clearly state they are only for a single character. Here is the description for the 2 slot BOFF addition:
    This option grants a single character two additional slots for Bridge Officers.
  • glenntleglenntle Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Those additional BO slots can be very useful... During space combat, I can now switch between BOs with Torp High Yield/Beam Overload vs. Beam Fire at Will/Torp Scattered Volley, depending if I'm facing a mob or a single target.

Ship properties are fixed, and can never be modified... so that's easy enough to remember...
    Are you reading the descriptions on the website or in-game? The only reason I ask is that the website descriptions clearly state they are only for a single character. Here is the description for the 2 slot BOFF addition:
    This option grants a single character two additional slots for Bridge Officers.

The Description is too brief "Additional slots for Bridge Officers" implies that Two more BOs slots are open on the Bridge! Thus 2 Additional Active Officers Slots; not in reserve, as is the accurate description!

I would be angry, if I found out that the BOs are inactive/reserve Bridge slots!
    A Bridge Slot is thought of as a Station in everyone's mind; as they picture two additional Stations on the Bridge! Not a bridge closet with BOs popping back and forth playing tag team bridge stations! Maybe Slots are like Borg Regeneration Alcoves, funny I viewed my bridge and didn't see any Slots or Alcoves. :P
    I'm sure it is clear in your mind, but we're not Admins, Devs, or Mods, we're noobs!

Please remember we're the good ones spending our money as an investment into STO. Please be as clear and descriptive as you can, so we don't feel like you're trying to trick us, which is what a bunch of swindlers do. ;) STO integrity just like everyone else's, is deemed worthy of it; until ONE mistake then it is forever trying to redeem it.

I strongly recommend you enhance details of all purchase items, so it is clearly stated what exactly it does & DOESN'T bestow.
  • admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Not everyone sees the two as the same. From day one I saw that the Stations on a ship were fixed as to the number and the Boff Slots were for extra officers on the bridge. Two seperate things.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • glenntleglenntle Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Not everyone sees the two as the same. From day one I saw that the Stations on a ship were fixed as to the number and the Boff Slots were for extra officers on the bridge. Two seperate things.

Well I'm glad you're insight into STO from day one was so accurate, maybe you're more of a trekie than the rest of us ignorant noobs.

The point is that THE DESCRIPTION IS HORRIBLY LACKING CONTENT and easily misleading,
    Not how insightful a customers assumption is.

Here is a the rest of the STO description for the item;
    "Expand your crew without leaving any of your current officers behind! "
    This is directly Misleading!
    Oh they're not left behind, just in the slot closet! :eek: