test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How to re-recruit dismissed officers

dan13sr2dan13sr2 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
I dismissed one of my tactical officers by mistake.....long story. How do I re-recruit him?
Post edited by dan13sr2 on

Comments

• Options
    tanith1989tanith1989 Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    you cant i dont think there gone for good
    Ketan Merious
    Captain, U.S.S Transcendent
    Explorers Fleet, Senior Member
    We want an Odyssey variant give us it
  • Options
    jkstocbrjkstocbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    If you're asking about a dismissed Bridge Officer (Boff), he's gone for ever. See the recruitment officer at ESD to pick up a new one
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Afraid once you dismiss a BOFF or DOFF, they are gone for good.
  • Options
    skhcskhc Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Yeah, you can't re-recruit.

BOffs are a dime a dozen these days though. Get a replacement one from the Recruitment Officer on ESD or from the exchange.

Hope you weren't attached to him.
  • Options
    dan13sr2dan13sr2 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    ok, once I've recruited a new officer to my team how do I assign him?
  • Options
    skhcskhc Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    dan13sr2 wrote: »
    ok, once I've recruited a new officer to my team how do I assign him?

You'll get a dialogue box with "Join" "Train Up" & "Not now" as optional replies when you requisition a new BOff. If you want him/her as part of your crew, pick "Join". If you accidentally dismiss this dialogue without doing anything, you can find him/her again by going to your "Stations" tab, (s)he'll be listed on the right hand side. Double click on them to bring up the dialogue box again. Once he/she's in your crew you can then assign him/her to a station by pressing U and going to your "Stations" tab.

You'll probably need to bring him to the Officer Trainer first to have his abilities matched to the one you accidentally dismissed.

("Train Up", btw, will have the BOff train an existing BOff you have in one of their skills. This then uses up that BOff)
  • Options
    commadorebobcommadorebob Member Posts: 1,223 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I pretend my dismissed officers are floating in space somewhere for their incompetence.
    "If you have never used Cello, I'm not interested in your browser opinion."
    edited June 2012
    I pretend my dismissed officers are floating in space somewhere for their incompetence.

Just remember to eat their brain to gain their Knowledge/Power (XP) and to check their wallet for Dilithium before you jettison them into space.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zackarysszackaryss Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    you will have too buy the doff again,. there is no way to "recruit"
    @ZackerySS - Joined on Aug 2008: year of the greenpig
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    red01999red01999 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    While you can't get your old officer back directly, you may be able to get an identical one. A lot of BOffs seem to have fairly standard templates - I'd guess there are a few hundred variants in general total. You may be able to find what you want on the Exchange, although you may have to be patient, and you may have to pay quite a bit to do it.
  • Options
    mikewendellmikewendell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012

Humour: I punish my incompetent ones by shipping them off to commadorebob. :)