test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unlocking X race for the opposite faction + new races.

sito1jastsito1jast Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Opposite Faction Races IDea:

When hitting whatever the mex level is, would it be possible to unlock whatever race we get to 50 (?) for the opposite faction.

(I.E. I get a FED Human to level 50... I then unlock Human as a playerable species in the KDF.)

New Species:

Risian or Edo (FED version of a Orion)
http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Denobulan (FED)

Kellerun (KDF)
Satarran
Chameloid
Tarlac

Future Npc Factions I hope to see.

Cybermen
Xindi Insectoid
Post edited by sito1jast on

Comments

• thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,151 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Cybermen made it into star trek ?

the canon fools will love that... still... If the cybermen are here.... we need DALEKS :biggrin:

and now back to reality... you can make the fed species with the Alien character... (not sure about the Risian head marker thing.

As for unlocking each others races... I most likely would use that if I could unlock a Gorn for the feds and a Pakled for the KDF :D
    zx2t8tuj4i10.png
    Thank you for the Typhoon!
  • otherdaveotherdave Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I would use it if it came out.

Infact I would pay for the chance to be a KDF Andorian.
  • sito1jastsito1jast Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    thay8472 wrote: »

the canon fools will love that... still... If the cybermen are here.... we need DALEKS :biggrin:

and now back to reality... you can make the fed species with the Alien character... (not sure about the Risian head marker thing.

As for unlocking each others races... I most likely would use that if I could unlock a Gorn for the feds and a Pakled for the KDF :D

Think of it as a joke :P

Yeah we can use the alien thing to make most of those races bit I would like to see them as individual races with their own traits.
  • tharkantharkan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    sito1jast wrote: »
    Opposite Faction Races IDea:

When hitting whatever the mex level is, would it be possible to unlock whatever race we get to 50 (?) for the opposite faction.

(I.E. I get a FED Human to level 50... I then unlock Human as a playerable species in the KDF.)

New Species:

Risian or Edo (FED version of a Orion)
    http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Denobulan (FED)

Kellerun (KDF)
    Satarran
    Chameloid
    Tarlac

Future Npc Factions I hope to see.

Cybermen
    Xindi Insectoid

I am sorry, but the Edo are a peaceful people (a people who punish all crime with death, but that is besides the point) and would have no place in the Federation/Klingon/Borg/whatever-cryptic-wants-to-throw-into-the-fray war. Besides, their "god" won't allow anyone to interfere with their society, and that includes drafting them into a war.
    Also, Cybermen are supposed to be allied with the Borg in the alternate universe where the Star Trek/Dr. Who crossover takes place, so adding them as a mob to fight alongside the Borg is possible (but not probable), but as a separate faction? You would have a better chance of finding a peaceful Sontaran (Commander Strax doesn't count).

Although I like the idea of adding Chameloids, changelings are already in the game, so it would probably be easier to make them a playable race.
    edited June 2012
    tharkan wrote: »
    I am sorry, but the Edo are a peaceful people (a people who punish all crime with death, but that is besides the point) and would have no place in the Federation/Klingon/Borg/whatever-cryptic-wants-to-throw-into-the-fray war. Besides, their "god" won't allow anyone to interfere with their society, and that includes drafting them into a war.
    Also, Cybermen are supposed to be allied with the Borg in the alternate universe where the Star Trek/Dr. Who crossover takes place, so adding them as a mob to fight alongside the Borg is possible (but not probable), but as a separate faction? You would have a better chance of finding a peaceful Sontaran (Commander Strax doesn't count).

Although I like the idea of adding Chameloids, changelings are already in the game, so it would probably be easier to make them a playable race.

the god could of been destroyed in the crossfire between the borg and undine.
    zx2t8tuj4i10.png
  • bohortonstobohortonsto Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Aww looks like someones been playing SWTOR, on the cybermen ok they were in a comic but that doesnt mean it's canon or that cryptic has any rights to it, look at the ferasian - Kzin, fiasco.
  • cusashorncusashorn Member Posts: 461
    edited June 2012
    There is an issue with clothing options. The races from each side isn't programmed to wear outfits from the other side, with the exception of Klingons and Joined Trill. Probably wouldn't be hard to program all races to be able to wear everything, but certainly not high priority.
    "My frozen dairy-based confectionery attracts all the males of the species to the facilities. They all agree on it's superiority. Indeed, it is superior to yours. I could teach you the finer details but that would require monetary recompense on your part."
    -The Milkshake Song: Vulcan Edition
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lilchibiclarililchibiclari Member Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited June 2012

You know, the Borg were partially inspired by the Cybermen. Cybermen were talking about assimilating people and about how "resistance is useless" twenty years before TNG.
    edited June 2012
    You know, the Borg were partially inspired by the Cybermen. Cybermen were talking about assimilating people and about how "resistance is useless" twenty years before TNG.

lies... exterminate!
    zx2t8tuj4i10.png
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    cusashorn wrote: »
    There is an issue with clothing options. The races from each side isn't programmed to wear outfits from the other side, with the exception of Klingons and Joined Trill. Probably wouldn't be hard to program all races to be able to wear everything, but certainly not high priority.

Actually, they absolutely can. The issue is that the costumes don't mix and match.

Feds use body sock costumes whereas Klingon costumes add bulk. (Although given how few Klingon costumes there are, I don't see why they couldn't be reworked to be body socks with attachments, ie. making vests an armor layer, etc.)

As long as Fed and KDF costume parts don't have to mix, it works fine. Which is why both sides can wear Omega Force armor.

Even then, the only real issues are with collars and boots.

Here's the worst conflicts I can find that you'd get:

http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/5233/screenshot2012062815334.jpg

Boots, belts, and collars are most of the issue. Shoulderpads, gauntlets, etc. all work just fine.

And you could have a Gorn in a Starfleet uniform easily, he'd just look 5 pounds lighter.
  • sovereignmansovereignman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Well minus the Gorn, it probably can be done. There's a Fed side Klingon after all.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMm_VoKkuco - Needs more female relief ops ensign.
  • thefastone21thefastone21 Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Yes please
  • paulbowmanpaulbowman Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    lies... exterminate!

I'd like this idea if Daleks were a choice...

Davros made me say that :smile: