test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

7.1 Surround sound horrible noises

docsavageskdocsavagesk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2012 in Tribble - Bug Reports
I recently purchased the Razer Tiamat 7.1 headset. I noticed that while in the Federation Starbase I get a horrible crackling and hissing noise. This happens on the OPs deck and most noticeable on surfaces without carpet.

However, I take the turbolift to another floor and it's fine. But, if I join the queue for the SB fleet action and I'm on the OPs deck the noises continue into space. The only way to fix this so far is to quit the game.

Now, before you say it's my headset, I went to the KDF side, ran all around our SB there and could not reproduce it. I then logged back into my Fed character, went to the OPs deck and viola it was back. Tried it on several different characters and even went so far as to disable the Soundblaster X-fi F4t4lity card and run just onboard sound. Same thing. So, there's an anomaly on the Fed SB OPs deck with 7.1 surround or perhaps just the Tiamats.
Post edited by docsavagesk on

Comments

• gilmorogilmoro Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I just want to confirm that I have the same problem in the same places as you are experiencing. I am using a Logitech G930 headset, however.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gerhard81gerhard81 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Same here with Logitech G35.
  • scottapricescottaprice Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    gerhard81 wrote: »

I have the same problems with the G930 and so does a couple of people in my Fleet.

This problem was encountered before on Bajor and on the revamped DS9 when those maps first came out.

Please try to fix soon... While it sounds like the Starbase is truly under construction, it is auditory discomfort.
  • nesualnesual Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Yup. I've got a G35 as well. Exactly the same problem as with Bajor & DS9. I zoned into Starbase Blockade and all I got was the buzzing noise from hell.

It's on the base as well, though intermitent around the transporter pads as far as I can tell so far. (edit)
  • commadorebobcommadorebob Member Posts: 1,223 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    gilmoro wrote: »
    I just want to confirm that I have the same problem in the same places as you are experiencing. I am using a Logitech G930 headset, however.

Noticed this as well. I heard it in the KDF Fleet Blockade Event.
    "If you have never used Cello, I'm not interested in your browser opinion."
    gerhard81 wrote: »

Ditto G35. It's the same noise as heard on Bajor when it was first opened. It also occurs in the Starbase Fleet Defense AFTER the first voice over at the end of the mission briefing period.

I have submitted two bug reports.
  • captwcaptw Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I'm only getting that at the new starbase and on the defense missions only. and it is annoying, glad to see it's not me. I have it on 5.1
    lHut1H2.jpg
    "I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment... because they'll never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we lived" Picard to Riker
  • gilmorogilmoro Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Gotta love that this is not in the newest patch notes OR listed in the known bugs of said latest patch notes. You would think since they've fixed this before that it would be something easy to fix again, or wonder of wonders, not create the same bug again!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]