test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Doff mobile app

nuku32nuku32 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
What we players need is an app that allows us to login to our duty officers and receive missions and assign new ones. I hate it when all i have is 1-3 hour missions and 8 hours or so between logins. I have some great navigation ideas if someone has some app building exp.
Post edited by nuku32 on

Comments

• alastorforthrighalastorforthrigh Member Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Its listed as one of the things they'd love to do but it's not at the top of their list. It'd be cool if they could higher some outside developer to work on it though. Plenty of talented App makers out there.
    2qTOAB3.gif
  • ryeknowryeknow Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Sadly I dont think we'll see it happen (at least for a long time) with Heretic gone. Not only was the Doff system his brainchild and design, but mobile app programming was one of his specialties as I recall.
  • tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    the biggest problem with using an app is since you actually have to move between sectors/systems to get more missions, if such an app were made it would only allow you to get missions from the sector you were in when you logged out.
  • cruciasnzcruciasnz Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Or they could have it so that the app is treated like it's own sector.

They should create and API for the DOff system, and let third party developers make the app. Then require them to be checked by Cryptic staff here. Or make it a competition, similar to the "Design the new Enterprise" competition. They select the winner, and it becomes the exclusive app.
  • mikewendellmikewendell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Been discussed many times previously. Crypic doesn't hold a license for mobile devices for Star Trek. There's other concerns as well.

What we need is folks to stop creating new threads about this and many older topics over and over again. All that does is make it hard to find information here in the forums when people search for what they need. Also now other folks will come along and not see a dev response and wonder why it;s being overlooked while the devs have given a response previously.

It's canon to use the search function of the library computer. Think of it as a rp situation.