test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

STF Loot & Bind on Account

eagledracoeagledraco Member Posts: 340 Arc User
There was much rejoicing when Gozer said he would allow STF edc, tech and salvage to become Bind on Account. He was even going to find a way to let us convert old STF loot to be Account Bound.

With Gozer moving on soon, where does this leave us? How long until we see these features go live? My guess is they will be (severely?) delayed. :(
Post edited by eagledraco on

Comments

• thoroonthoroon Member Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    From a DB-Perspective BOA is rather easy to implement.
    Copy over the loot to new IDs, change its Bound-ID to BOA, change loottable to use new IDs, done.
    Would leave already achieved loot bound, and new drops BOA.

From an "Engines"-Perspective it can be rather difficult, depending on several variables.
    Lets hope the "variables" are in our favour, BOA should be released this year :eek:

Example:
    Accountbank was implement before the BOA-change, you can be sure some required stuff is already QA-ready.

So, lets hope :smile:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • towanitowani Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    IMHO, everything in this game (that is already bound) should be BOA.

Why things are bound to a specific toon is not rationale. It's not like it would penalize anyone or anything, or lose PWE money, if something was BOA?

You could earn something on one toon and transfer it to your other. You could buy something with one toon and if you later realized it would work better on another toon, then you could transfer it.

Actually, this gripe is with all modern MMOs. Why things aren't bound to an account instead of bound to character is just frustrating.
    Hi. Apparently I'm new here and joined in Jun 2012. Guess I'm in good company though... seems everyone else joined then too!
  • stohansonstohanson Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Because the STF gear drops so rare, these items SHOULD BE Bind on Account. EVERYONE of my alts has 1 piece of mark XII STF armor, but I can't get all 3 on one guy!

Maybe Gozer will give us this as a send off?
  • sparhawksparhawk Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    towani wrote: »
    Actually, this gripe is with all modern MMOs. Why things aren't bound to an account instead of bound to character is just frustrating.

In subscription based games at least (where BOP is much more prevalent), this was mainly done as a means to get the player to subscribe longer and give the company more money.

I completely agree that BOA should be the new standard and that BOP needs to be abolished.
  • aegon1iceaegon1ice Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    2 possibilities:

1. Gozer did this already and passed it to the "Done" files

2. Gozer had not the time to do it and it will be forgotten until the Borg invite us to their Party Cube...so, never...
  • obiwanjabroniobiwanjabroni Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    aegon1ice wrote: »
    2 possibilities:

1. Gozer did this already and passed it to the "Done" files

2. Gozer had not the time to do it and it will be forgotten until the Borg invite us to their Party Cube...so, never...

You know, I'd probably drop a fair amount of cash into keys if there were Party Cube lockbox.
    sig_universal.png
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    BoA STF loot would make me unnecessarily happy in ways I cannot describe on this forum for fear of the banhammer.
  • catrimcatrim Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    He'll just get it done when he comes back in 3 months.

Musical Chairs anyone?
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    You know, I'd probably drop a fair amount of cash into keys if there were Party Cube lockbox.

Don't give 'em ideas.