test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lifetime subscription rewards.

zokiro12zokiro12 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
Hey there. As the title says, this thread has to do with the lifetime subscription rewards. I bought a life sub a few weeks ago when they were on sale, and I've found the rewards for it a little... Lacking.

Don't get me wrong now, the title, access to the Borg race and the Captain's Table are all nice, but I'd like a little extra on top: the veteran rewards. I've paid for a lifetime subscription. Does this not mean that I'm here for the duration? That I'm going to playing for however many years there are to come in STO's life? Why, then, am I denied access to these rewards?

My suggestion, and a way to make STO's lifetime subscription more appealing, is to give lifetime subscribers immediate access to the veteran rewards that are currently available, and those that will be introduced as time goes by.

Anyone else feel this way about this?
Post edited by zokiro12 on

Comments

• crusty8maccrusty8mac Member Posts: 1,381 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I'm a lifetime subscriber. I paid full price, on top of paying $60 for the software to play the game. It took me 800 days to get the 800 day rewards.

Why are you deserving of a shortcut? Just curious.
  • zokiro12zokiro12 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Probably because they won't be getting anymore money out of subscription time from me. And the account's going to be lifetime 800, 900, and however many thousand days after it's been converted to a lifetime membership. Why should I have to wait that length of time to get rewards I know are coming to me anyway? To make things 'sweeter' for me when they arrive?

I bought STO on launch as well, and were it not for the fact that my finances were, at that time, rather hard up, I would have all of these rewards by now. As it was, I've been an on and off subscriber since release, seen pretty much all the content patches as they dropped... Why should you get the veteran rewards, simply for having more money to splash on subscription fees, or because you could afford the cost of a lifetime sub at release, when I haven't been able to simply because of hard luck?

I say just cut the TRIBBLE and give 'em to me now, I paid my 120 pounds, thank you very much.
  • dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    The reason we dont get rewards in advance is that some of them are also available through the cash shop. If we get rewards now then we may not have that temptation to buy an extra character slot here or ship slot there as I already have them.

Personally I am happy to wait until my time is due to give a sense of progression.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • zokiro12zokiro12 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    The extra slots, both for costume and ships, I am perfectly happy with leaving as time-based unlocks. But stuff like costume pieces, ship skins, the fireworks and the Captain's Yacht/Duj'hod should be available immediately on lifetime subscriber purchase.