test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"Airplane noise" Sound Bug is back - Tribble Starbase Edition

samarkhansamarkhan Member Posts: 1 Arc User
edited June 2012 in Tribble - Bug Reports
These bugs are on TRIBBLE with the following locations afflicted:

Ops Deck in Fleet Starbase (Fed) + Starbase Blockade fleet combat map + Starbase Defense fleet combat map

Hardware involved: Logitech G35 Headset

The infamous "airplane" noise sound bug that previously manifested on Holodeck in the DS9 Promenade and the Bajoran city of Haathon can now be experienced in the abovementioned locations on the Tribble test server. As before, the bug can be persistent and require the user to fully exit the game and re-start to clear it. Unlike previous iterations, it is not always persistent - but on the afflicted maps, can only be ameliorated by muting sound at the hardware level.

Why "airplane" noise? When the bug manifests, it does so at a deafening volume that drowns out all other sounds. To me at least, it resembles an aircraft piston engine at close range. As in its previous incarnations, it makes gameplay intolerable and headache inducing. If it follows the previous pattern then many users of 7.1 type surround sound systems will also be affected. I possess no other sound hardware than the headset so, at least in my case, potential interactions with other hardware can be ruled out.

This problem has occured before, and each time it was allowed to migrate onto Holodeck. Please surprise me for once Cryptic and FIX this BEFORE it gets onto Holodeck...:tongue:

Since it bears repeating:

Please Fix BEFORE this migrates onto Holodeck. Thank You.
Post edited by samarkhan on

Comments

• therealcrinostherealcrinos Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Yeah, only happens on Tribble and only when I arrive in vicinity of the new fleet starbases (either in fleet base defence missions or when I just go there to have a look around.

It seems to be an infinite sound loop that just keeps getting worse. Distortion to where I thought my speakers were going to blow. Warp back to sector space or another sector and it stops.
  • mikewendellmikewendell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    There's 4 or 5 recent sound bug reports on tribble. I wonder if something is up...
  • gilmorogilmoro Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I just want to confirm that I have the same problem in the same places as you are experiencing. I am using a Logitech G930 headset however.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2012
    Bump this. They need to acknowledge and fix this before it hits Holodeck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2012
    The sound is now much worse and more pronounced once you beam onto your fleet starbase. This is a step in the wrong direction!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]