test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Starbases on Tribble

robinsonfamilyrobinsonfamily Member Posts: 219 Arc User
So as the title says what do you all think of the new starbases, on either factions thougths, opinions and suggestions would be great! I am logging right now to check it out a good friend of mine told me they are now on tribble!
Post edited by robinsonfamily on

Comments

• Options
    tebsutebsu Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    the forum tells you that as well. i would like to try it out but last time i logged into tribble, it did not recognize my fleet and therefor, i guess i cannot start a starbase, right? lot of problems there, also the problem that not a lot of people are on tribble = its hard to get an stf pug and other things you can normally only do in a group/fleet
    What ? Calaway.
  • Options
    direphoenixdirephoenix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
  • Options
    robinsonfamilyrobinsonfamily Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Yes there is but not everyone goes to the tribble section so I wanted to make sure we all knew about it. Cryptic did not mention it in the news section.
  • Options
    cptskeeterukcptskeeteruk Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Starbases will phase out esd and ds9 if they are fully unlocked as i cant see theres anything sb can do other places cant after its fully done up.

Also they have really failed with instancing and one place in the galaxy map, which just kinda ruins the whole point of building a base for ur fleet. As every fleet will want it at places they visit most often. Like i would have liked the option to have it near ds9 somewhere as i keep to cardassian space most of the time so a base of our own there would have been great. But nope they ruined it with all in one spot. :( Dont think theres a use for a starbase now except for onboard stuff.

The teaming part of it is nice i guess tho but alot of them resources i need elsewhere for things so im not sure why they trying to sink items which already have a sink because of other things most namely dilithium because ppl will most likely want to save it for cp so they can get the ships which is what i do so i really don't wana spend it on sb stuff. Or doffs or anything worth of value. Common doffs maybe tho but with the converting to better doffs at sf academy i even have a good use for common doffs these days so they aren't really disposable for sb projects.

Just seems kinda cool but unfunctional so far.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    cedricophoffcedricophoff Member Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Just seems kinda cool but unfunctional so far.

Thank god for that. I hate the fleet starbase idea, i hate that all their efforts go towards less then half the population. I hate being even a little bit forced to do something i dont want like joining a fleet in order to get all content. And what i hate most of all, is that STO still has so much to be improved, not to mention the most important part being EXPLORATION. But they instead chose this total Bull****. There better be some suprises in S6 for people who dont care about fleets cuz otherwise this long wait for me will have been utterly pointless...

Worse then all that. They know that eventhough they TRIBBLE everybody off .... The ST love is to huge for them to drop STO over it.

Way to TRIBBLE off an abuse a community. We should put it in the dictionary "Crypting it: Better know as, abusing the love of a community for personal gain without any regards for what said community desires"
  • Options
    utioutio Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Thank god for that. I hate the fleet starbase idea, i hate that all their efforts go towards less then half the population. I hate being even a little bit forced to do something i dont want like joining a fleet in order to get all content. And what i hate most of all, is that STO still has so much to be improved, not to mention the most important part being EXPLORATION. But they instead chose this total Bull****. There better be some suprises in S6 for people who dont care about fleets cuz otherwise this long wait for me will have been utterly pointless...

Worse then all that. They know that eventhough they TRIBBLE everybody off .... The ST love is to huge for them to drop STO over it.

Way to TRIBBLE off an abuse a community. We should put it in the dictionary "Crypting it: Better know as, abusing the love of a community for personal gain without any regards for what said community desires"

Okie dokie. Guess you don't like star bases. I'm not in a fleet either, so it won't really benefit me, but hey, if it makes some players happy, that's cool.
    I'm sure there'll be some stuff in season 6 that you'll enjoy.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    utio wrote: »
    Okie dokie. Guess you don't like star bases. I'm not in a fleet either, so it won't really benefit me, but hey, if it makes some players happy, that's cool.
    I'm sure there'll be some stuff in season 6 that you'll enjoy.

Sure it makes some players happy. But thats not realy the point is it. The point is that out of everything they could have done to improve the game not just for the 45% in a fleet, but for EVERYBODY who plays this game they chose this. And if that wasnt horrible enough. those starbases are instanced (as they should be, because it would make the galaxy cluttered with junk if it wasnt) but this game is already to frikkin instanced! One of my friends left because of the insane amount of loading screen.

A more logical mind would have lowered the amount of loading screens to start with by perhaps doing their "one galaxy to rule them all" idea, removing all the loads between blocks, perhaps even between blocks and exploration clusters, and add in a quick fix to weed out the more insane cannonbreaking results the random engine seems to come up with in exploration clusters (borg overlord warning you to stay away!) to pick one example out of many. and THEN perhaps in S7 starbases.

There is a blatant lack of logic in their dev process. And everybody just sits here and swallows it. The community isnt immature and worth ignoring because they rage. The rage is righteous. And then you have people who just jump up and down happy at the half baked stuff cryptic flushed down the toilet right ontop the community. Probably a good idea to be dense and ignore the wanton fail designing. I guess im just to much of an angry person to enjoy having guys jump up and down in front of me cheering on stuff which makes no sense.

At least you get nice ranting posts like this to talk about then. :P
  • Options
    admiraljt#1430 admiraljt Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited June 2012

I doubt that players in fleets make up less than 50% of the playerbase. Starbases are something that have been asked for since launch. No one is forcing you even a little bit to participate. As well as the Fleet systems PVP is getting overhauled, The Tholians are being introduced,We're getting new PVE missions, and as far as surprises go. I'm sure there is something in store.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I doubt that players in fleets make up less than 50% of the playerbase. Starbases are something that have been asked for since launch. No one is forcing you even a little bit to participate. As well as the Fleet systems PVP is getting overhauled, The Tholians are being introduced,We're getting new PVE missions, and as far as surprises go. I'm sure there is something in store.

It is. I think they said so in a STOked episode. Ill go see if i can find it.

Edit: ugh to lazy to re-watch every single episode since the announcement of fleet starbases. In any case im sure it was less then half the population. I remember because its important to me lol. :P Feel free to not believe me.