test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Time Zone - Locked to PDT?

dunnlangdunnlang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
The post times are all showing in Pacific time (where Cryptic is located). This may be all well and good for Cryptic, but is not particularly helpful to me.

Has anyone figured out how to change the time zone?

*Edit*
A solution has been found:
Well, the forum is based on vBulletin after all. Just go to the options page directly: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/profile.php?do=editoptions
[SIGPIC]Want to know more about Cryptic's hidden lottery odds and outcomes? Read my posts below.[/SIGPIC]
Lock Boxes: The true value - (thread link)
Jem'Hadar Bug Odds - (thread link)
Galor Creation Rate - (thread link)
Find me in TSW - TSW Chronicle Profile
Post edited by dunnlang on

Comments

• mikewendellmikewendell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    dunnlang wrote: »
    The post times are all showing in Pacific time (where Cryptic is located). This may be all well and good for Cryptic, but is not particularly helpful to me.

None of us have found the options page yet. There;s 4 or 5 threads discussing it already.

The auto subscribe to a thread you post in appears to be the biggest issue with many.
  • helixsunbringerhelixsunbringer Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Simplest reason you have yet to find it is because this feature does not exist on any of the integrated Perfect World Entertainment forums. Thus it is unlikely that now that Star Trek Online's forums are part of the Integrated Perfect World Entertainment Forums, that it will have said feature.
  • ashleyaddictionashleyaddiction Member Posts: 339 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    PWE forums are stripped of most vBulletin functions as the actual board could hardly be called vBulletin anymore, kind of a mutated vB. Options are limited as to not conflict with PWE's main account database, like password/email change etc. Time zones are one thing that are locked, unfortunately, there are no options to change it.
  • otakuboytotakuboyt Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Why would they do that it makes no sense????
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2012
    On the plus side this does however mean that we are likely to start receiving rewards from Perfect World Entertainment's Facebook-wannabe service known as "CORE Connect" which features a system similar to the Accolades system in Star Trek Online that allows for the ability to obtain items that normally wouldn't be available through any means other than the Cryptic Store. Only difference is that these items are available via work done in the game instead of via real life money.
    edited June 2012
    On the plus side this does however mean that we are likely to start receiving rewards from Perfect World Entertainment's Facebook-wannabe service known as "CORE Connect" which features a system similar to the Accolades system in Star Trek Online that allows for the ability to obtain items that normally wouldn't be available through any means other than the Cryptic Store. Only difference is that these items are available via work done in the game instead of via real life money.

Yup, I'm almost 100% sure they STO will be integrated into CORE Connect's achievements and token shop.
  • dunnlangdunnlang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    None of us have found the options page yet. There;s 4 or 5 threads discussing it already.

The auto subscribe to a thread you post in appears to be the biggest issue with many.

I did search the forums for Time Zone and didn't see anything that looked clearly pertinent. Just a few complaints but no specific threads and answers.

At least I am not the only one not finding things. This forum change appears to only benefit Cryptic.
    [SIGPIC]Want to know more about Cryptic's hidden lottery odds and outcomes? Read my posts below.[/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2012
    I did search the forums for Time Zone and didn't see anything that looked clearly pertinent. Just a few complaints but no specific threads and answers.

At least I am not the only one not finding things. This forum change appears to only benefit Cryptic.

this change doesn't benefit Cryptic in the least. The only people this benefits are the people that now OWN Cryptic. In otherwords the people it benefits are the Suits sitting in the executive offices over at Perfect World Entertainment Inc. in California, and possibly also the suits sitting in the even more richly decorated executive offices in Wanmei Inc. of China.
    edited June 2012
    this change doesn't benefit Cryptic in the least. The only people this benefits are the people that now OWN Cryptic. In otherwords the people it benefits are the Suits sitting in the executive offices over at Perfect World Entertainment Inc. in California, and possibly also the suits sitting in the even more richly decorated executive offices in Wanmei Inc. of China.

Actually, the suits get no benefit at all. It benefits the existing PWE community (which is a good few million) and the PWE community staff. Seeing as STO is now part of the PWE community, you'll have to get used to it.
  • podsixpodsix Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Actually, the suits get no benefit at all. It benefits the existing PWE community (which is a good few million) and the PWE community staff. Seeing as STO is now part of the PWE community, you'll have to get used to it.

Actually.

The more they can integrate STO (and presumably Champions and Neverwinter) the more of PWE's other players they can lure to STO. PWE seems to have a lot of interesting rewards that they offer, based on how many accolades you unlock in different games. You can then spend those accolade points on special perk items for your account.

From my understanding, this means that playing STO with a PWE account, will mean that those players can come play STO, and once it's all hooked up, to the CORE system, all the achievements they unlock in STO will grant them points that they can use to buy things in the token store. Presumably for any game they like.

So if you're saving up for that 300 token Gryphon mount in Battle of the Immortals, you can hop onto STO and unlock some of those "killed 100 enemy X" achievements.

The upshot for PWE/Cryptic here, is that the more PWE games they can get you to try, the more of them you might enjoy. and if you enjoy the games, you might play them more, and that in turn may entice you to spend money on zen for items in the game stores, to buy more character slots, or to buy a subscription.

I find myself wondering if the Ambassador Class might not end up in the Core token store. So many of us seem to want it, it would be a great way to get us exposed to other PWE games. Kind of "ambassadorial" if you think about it. I wouldn't be surprised if we got a t5 Connie through that system either. Since you basically have to save up credits from your accolades to get things there, you have to PLAY to earn them. You can't simply "buy" those tokens.

It's an exciting prospect. I'm looking forward to seeing what Cryptic puts in there for STO and Champions (when Champs gets converted inevitably)
    7n4nvF5.png
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited June 2012

For me, it's more like Alaskan time. It's 6 hours behind. :eek:
  • therealfluffytherealfluffy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Well, the forum is based on vBulletin after all. Just go to the options page directly: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/profile.php?do=editoptions
  • nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,628 Arc User
    edited June 2012

Many thanks!
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited June 2012

Yaay..

Thank You oh so very much....:biggrin:

Now THIS is a Thread that should be STICKY'd !!
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • ltcmdjamescoreltcmdjamescore Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited June 2012

You saved my mind. :wink:
    izNBNFT.jpg
  • theolopboytheolopboy Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2012

My profound thanks, why you can't see those options normally is anyone's guess
    Correct forum join and LTS subscriber from date : 27/01/2010
  • dunnlangdunnlang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012

Thank you kindly. I figured some one out there had to have some sort of clue.
This discussion has been closed.