test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Season 6 Dev Blog #6

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
Lead Content Designer Scott "Goatshark" Shicoff shares details about the upcoming Starbase Alerts event in this entry of the Season 6 News Dev Blog series.

Link to the blog.
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• phyrexianherophyrexianhero Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Tholians will be making their debut in these starbase challenges :biggrin:
    Playing since January 2010. STOwiki administrator. Accolade hunter.
    My STOwiki page | Reachable in-game @PhyrexianHero
    Fed Armada: Section 31 (level 730, 2700+ members)
    KDF Armada: Klingon Intelligence (level 699, 2100+ members)
  • vminkvmink Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Interesting... we can now leave comments about individual blog entries? Curious; I wonder why that was implemented.
    ---
    Gowron Simmons is pleased to see you, yes!
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    This is not new information and seems like an attempt to distract from the forum changes.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • darkenzedddarkenzedd Member Posts: 881
    edited June 2012
    Never going to distract us from the EPIC fail you just did with the forums....
  • djconcentusdjconcentus Member Posts: 177 Media Corps
    edited June 2012
    So is this gonna be useful for level 50 characters, or totally pointless for them like the Red Alerts are?
    The opinions expressed in my posts are not necessarily those of my employer or Subspace Radio.
    Host of the Borg Boombox, 0300 GMT on Fridays on Subspace Radio
  • podsixpodsix Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    vmink wrote: »
    Interesting... we can now leave comments about individual blog entries? Curious; I wonder why that was implemented.

dStahl talked about trying to add better playr/dev interaction to the communication channels they're currently using. Since they're internally really liking this whole "dev blog" thing, it makes a certain amount of sense to enable comments there, instead of dragging the conversation to the forums.
    7n4nvF5.png
  • morganusmikarumorganusmikaru Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    So you're recycling Borg Red Alerts with new enemies... and it's taking you so long to put this out why?
    The Artist Formerly Known As Alastor Forthright.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "You know, I'm looking at all those freighters around Vulcan and going, "You know I can't wait for the chance to drop 300 dollars on the chance of getting one of those sexy things." - Altexist
    edited June 2012
    So is this gonna be useful for level 50 characters, or totally pointless for them like the Red Alerts are?

From my understanding all fleetmates regardless of level can join these (they're boosted to level 50 for the duration of the event) and the better you do the more Fleet Marks are given out. Fleet Marks are essential for starbase upgrades (note that these starbase challenges are not the sole method of obtaining said Fleet Marks).
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    So you're recycling Borg Red Alerts with new enemies... and it's taking you so long to put this out why?

Probably because these involve defending our fleet's starbase, and starbases havent been released yet. But thats just a *wild* guess.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • zakhatesyouzakhatesyou Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Lead Content Designer Scott "Goatshark" Shicoff shares details about the upcoming Starbase Alerts event in this entry of the Season 6 News Dev Blog series.

Link to the blog.

:rolleyes: Yeah, nice try at a distraction, Weyoun. Very few people give a **** at this point.
  • pillslingerpillslinger Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Hey Cryptic, how about trying to at least distract us with info that people care about, like a date for the season 6 release? Or how you are going to apologize for this mess that was caused, and not bothering to say anything first.
  • darkstarkiriandarkstarkirian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Makes me wonder if the existing fleet Actions will be changed to offer the Fleet marks and credits.
    [SIGPIC]Handle: @kirian_darkstar
    Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries[/SIGPIC]
    Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
  • rogueeenterpriserogueeenterprise Member Posts: 299 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Will these alerts pop up for players currently on the ground as well? I was thinking about making fleet events where we can sit around and play Dabo until the base defense alert comes up. =)
  • ltcmdjamescoreltcmdjamescore Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I hope Borg Red Alerts will not be moved out, because I haven't got all accolades from these events yet.
    izNBNFT.jpg
  • tankalot42otankalot42o Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    my love of star trek is being overtaken by my hate for pwi...............
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I plan to have at least one ship stationed at starbase at all times
    but scaling to level 50 is the wrong way
    the attack should scale to the defenders
    (so if 2 lts scramble it should be a couple of warbirds not 30 cubes)
    Live long and Prosper
  • felderburgfelderburg Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    sollvax wrote: »
    I plan to have at least one ship stationed at starbase at all times
    but scaling to level 50 is the wrong way
    the attack should scale to the defenders
    (so if 2 lts scramble it should be a couple of warbirds not 30 cubes)

That kind of makes sense, since the Lts won't have access to all the BO powers... maybe it should scale everyone, NPCs and players, to the highest player in the instance.

Also, what do you mean you'll have a"ship stationed at starbase at all times"? These things are just like the Borg Red Alerts now - no need to station anything anywhere.
  • sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    We/I am an alt fleet (well fleets actually one each side) there are enough of Us/me that one ship and captain will be "ops manager" per station.
    Thus a strong ship will be in defence and if needed I will switch to that Alt and THEY will defend the station.
    Live long and Prosper
  • rliant1864rliant1864 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I hope Borg Red Alerts will not be moved out, because I haven't got all accolades from these events yet.

IIRC they said that the two would be similar, not that the SB events are replacements for the Red Alerts.
    Makes me wonder if the existing fleet Actions will be changed to offer the Fleet marks and credits.

That'd be nice, but only if you join the queue with at least 1 fleetmate on your team.
    Hey Cryptic, how about trying to at least distract us with info that people care about, like a date for the season 6 release? Or how you are going to apologize for this mess that was caused, and not bothering to say anything first.

I believe it said on Stowiki that the release is planned for testing in late June/early July, with release planned for July.
  • deepspacejunkiedeepspacejunkie Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Is there any word on when season 6 will be launched?
    Arwin - Bane - Logan - Heniken - Seltek - Ariel - NoBeer4u
  • linyivelinyive Member Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Interesting read.
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Sweet, i can't wait.

this is not a distraction, this is business as usual, some of you need to get over it and move on with your sad life about the forums.:tongue:
    GwaoHAD.png
  • cdrieuancdrieuan Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Nice little TRIBBLE bit. I still would like a date rather than them just telling us what were going to get when it eventually comes out. I myself would rather not have everything spoiled because they are buying more time with dev blogs. Leave some things for us to discover by ourselves.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Cardiff born, Cardiff bred, when I die I'll be Cardiff dead.
  • melectarmelectar Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Will this pop up while in STF's because I could see people leaving to help, I wouldn't want to take a penalty because I was forced to leave the stf because some had left to defend their starbases.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2012
    Is there any word on when season 6 will be launched?

Executive producer Dan Stahl recently said it'll be out in July (since Tribble testing will still be going on first week of July, my estimate would be mid-to--late July for Holodeck release).

As we haven't gotten fleet starbases on Tribble yet, we don't know how many bugs there'll be to fix and so it's probably a good thing they haven't said that it will absolutely be out on date so-and-so, bugs fixed or not.
  • civilphilcivilphil Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2012

Link to the blog.

Bran -

Please please please tell us how the mission and the queue will work for small fleets.

I am in a very small but very dedicated fleet. We always have 3-4 players on, but can't get a full 5 except once in a blue moon (actually less often than that).

We are concerned that we won't be able to play the mission described here ever.

We are concerned that if we can play the mission, we won't be able to succeed without more players.

If you (or a dev) could address these two issues I (and I imagine many others) would be very grateful.

Thanks in advance. :biggrin:

If you find yourself participating in a discussion, and you know nothing can ever persuade you to alter your view, please recognize that you are not being objective about the subject at hand and further discussion with you is futile.

=/\= Fleet Admiral Shin
    Subscriber since 1-28-2010
    d1xder6-d8102b36-c444-41a4-915a-3fa1a47b1a06.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2U5YjM0YjRmLWU1N2EtNDRlMi05YWNhLWU2OWI4MWUzODcwYlwvZDF4ZGVyNi1kODEwMmIzNi1jNDQ0LTQxYTQtOTE1YS0zZmExYTQ3YjFhMDYuanBnIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.KaJ-YJnj-4adaDVwUlEGPSXWvcMN1Znn3NnGZm2wXFg
  • kstanley1976kstanley1976 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    YAy I came up with an idea similar to this when I first started playing sto. I'm glad to see new content being added especially with regards to season 6 :D
  • phase325phase325 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    As we haven't gotten fleet starbases on Tribble yet.....

Er..... they are on Tribble.. have been for a while now ?!?!?
    HAMMER SQUADRON
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tiberiusmcqueentiberiusmcqueen Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    they weren't on Tribble 20 days ago, which is when that comment was made, this is an old thread, these comments weren't posted yesterday.