test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

In-Game Character profile pages

voyagerfan9751voyagerfan9751 Member Posts: 1,120 Arc User
Before the new changes you used to have a profile page that listed and linked all your in-game characters. It also let you read their profiles and see their current ship and bridge officers.

With the changes I tried going there again to see my characters on there, and now the page is gone. Is there still someway to see this or is it gone forever now?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• percyfawcettpercyfawcett Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    It's dead, Jim.
    @lucifer.baphomet in game, and on the NPW forums
  • mikewendellmikewendell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    It's dead, Jim.

Probably. Last couple times folks have reported issues with it, the feedback was it was no longer seen as workable.

I just made my own profile with pictures and back history and whatnot and the like but I;ve taken it down since then.
  • tharkantharkan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    It's dead, Jim.

Don't worry, Q will revive it soon enough (I hope).
  • vonamicusvonamicus Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    tharkan wrote: »
    Don't worry, Q will revive it soon enough (I hope).
    Unless you have seen something by a Dev, the captain profiles are unlikely to come back. Cryptic stopped fully supporting them over a year ago. They remained as a legacy item that those in the know could find, until now.:frown:
    =/\=Von Amicus=/\=
    12th Fleet
    Fleet Executive Officer
    SigRA.png
  • tinman56tinman56 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Wait.

This existed????

Why did I not know about this??? D:

Oh well, I was planning to make a thread for people to post their bios anyway. At least I can get people to put all their bios in the one place for easey access :smile: No threads like that exist yet do they?
    ===========
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yeah... Not the best signiture, but it's my first time using an advanced image editing program, so... woo!
  • tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    tinman56 wrote: »
    Wait.

This existed????

Why did I not know about this??? D:

Oh well, I was planning to make a thread for people to post their bios anyway. At least I can get people to put all their bios in the one place for easey access :smile: No threads like that exist yet do they?

Yes you missed the boat on that one. only to find out after its completely gone that it was there, hidden, the whole time..... now don't you feel horrible? :p
    edited June 2012
    tenkari wrote: »
    Yes you missed the boat on that one. only to find out after its completely gone that it was there, hidden, the whole time..... now don't you feel horrible? :p

Incredibly xD reading the bios of passing players is one of the more fun ways to pass the time traveling in game, and some people have pretty good bios. Others are funny.
    ===========
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yeah... Not the best signiture, but it's my first time using an advanced image editing program, so... woo!
  • elbourtelbourt Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    What ticks me off the most is that this was the only way to get decent pictures of your toons in their current uniforms. Now you have no way to do it except by screen capture and with screen capture they will not all be the same size or quality. There is no reason that this should have been gotten rid of, they need to give us the ability to export your toons pictures, and maybe ship information to comma deliminated file at the least.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    edited June 2012
    I am wondering why my signature is not showing up.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    edited June 2012
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
  • podsixpodsix Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    elbourt wrote: »
    What ticks me off the most is that this was the only way to get decent pictures of your toons in their current uniforms. Now you have no way to do it except by screen capture and with screen capture they will not all be the same size or quality. There is no reason that this should have been gotten rid of, they need to give us the ability to export your toons pictures, and maybe ship information to comma deliminated file at the least.

check your screenshots folder.

Every time you save a costume in STO, it saves a costume file, which includes a profile pic very similar to the one that was used on the old site.

Also, try taking screenshots while you're in the costume editor. you can get some pretty nice shots there, and the GUI doesn't save on them.
    7n4nvF5.png
  • percyfawcettpercyfawcett Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2012

Use the Tailor interface for good quality consistent character screenies
    @lucifer.baphomet in game, and on the NPW forums
  • nadja92nadja92 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Shame, I used to have every char of mine in my sig and their name linked to where their bio was. Why don't they bring it back?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2012
    How big can signitures be? It says 500x100 in the sig page, but i've seen bigger floating around. Really wanna make my own, but the 100 is far too small :P

I'm hoping they'll allow bio page access eventually, seems like a really cool feature that should have had more exposure.
    ===========
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thorley1983thorley1983 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    stick to the size they specify.

i got mine taken down before the change over because it was too big
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ----Lt Cmdr @Thorley - Jupiter Force----
    edited June 2012
    Well the tailor pics are not consistant which is why I liked the the other pictures they were all uniform in size and lighting and your in game graphical settings did not make a difference to them. I know I can do this or screen captures but it is not the same and required more editing.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
  • sharyssasharyssa Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I am wondering why my signature is not showing up.

Signature Cloaking Device Activated. :wink:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • felderburgfelderburg Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited June 2012

Nope: "Sorry. It looks like you're trying to find one of our free member websites. There isn't a web page at the address you typed (or it may be temporarily unavailable)."
    Well the tailor pics are not consistant which is why I liked the the other pictures they were all uniform in size and lighting and your in game graphical settings did not make a difference to them. I know I can do this or screen captures but it is not the same and required more editing.

The costume pics are all the same, as I recall. Additionally, there's an option in game to boost the graphics while you're in the costume editor.