test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Our BO as ship catpains ??? When ???

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User

I am very eager to start using my BO's as Starship captains and form my own mini fleets to go head to head with the Borg in the Borg Red Alerts.

Having multi starship in drydock just waitint to be used makes no sence. They should have developed BO's to be useable in space.

Just like they are used in away missions on the ground.

That way you could have two of your ships as support and two as heavy assault.

You could in the future perimently assign a BO to a starship you own as a perment starship captain.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Been discussed and requested for many times. Maybe with the upcoming fleet starbases, they'll add in something like this.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I'd like to assign them to command vessels when I use photonic fleet and name the vessels as well. It would allow you to tailor photonic fleet a bit more to my play style.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Judging by the AI in this game solo fleets run by NPCs won't work. It will be you alone as your BOFFs captain their ships to get up close for a good look at the Warp Core Breaches.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    As soon as we get regener/speies I'm making my Tac alt into a copy of my Main's First Officer and My Science Officer will get my Sci alt.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Q: (Lord-Ice) Is it possible that we’ll ever be able to assign our Bridge Officers to command our alternate ships as AI Space allies?

Dstahl: We have toyed around with the idea that you could assign your First Officer as Captain of one of your other ships and thus have something that is similar to an away team in space, where your Bridge Officer follows you to assist. We believe that this concept fits best with the eventual release of the Admiral rank and are saving it for consideration at that time

http://www.startrekonline.com/node/3223
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    This would be something that could also work in tandem with the Doff missions. Rather than your Doffs simply disappearing into the nether when you begin assignments you actually see them embark in shuttles if begun from your ship or even larger vessels if begun from your fleet starbase.