test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Date for Testing of season 6

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Hello all devs i would like to know wich is the date that you will be releasing in tribble test server?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    All the info they've given us is later this month.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    They'll make S6 avaible for testing on Tribble when they'll be ready. Asking the same questions thousands of times won't make it happen sooner.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Is their like a feed or email subscription that will say when Season 6 is being released on tribble since I have no idea if the june 7 patch is the official season 6 lanuch or just pre-release stuff (or something)?
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    the best thing to do is keep an eye on the forums on the tribble release notes and when you see a GIANT patch and note that refer to what will be starbases and such then you will know when S6 is released on tribble I keep an eye on the forums everyday during the week for new releases and read the patch notes
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Technically we're already testing Season 6 on TRIBBLE. The No Win Scenario, Colony Invasion, and all other TRIBBLE changes we have so far are scheduled for Season 6. Not all Season 6 items are in yet. I doubt all Season 6 stuff will be on TRIBBLE before the initial Season 6 build goes live. (Also, a Season is not a singular patch, but a length of time. "Season 5" was not a singular patch on 12/1/2011, but rather 12/1/2011 THROUGH until whenever Season 6 *starts*. We're still *IN* Season 5.

Items in testing that are scheduled to go live BEFORE Season 6 are on the REDSHIRT test shard.

EDIT for clarification:
    • TRIBBLE = Season 6 build. Not all Season 6 items are included in this build.
    • REDSHIRT = Pre-Season 6 build.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    That may be true, however (correct me if I'm wrong, I'm only here since F2P), the main emphasis on season 5 was the DoFF system and it did come out on tribble.

In my opinion there should be at least a week of testing on tribble before the fleet bases go life since the projects will take up a lot of resources and there are bound to be bugs. (Any huge undertaking always has unforeseen bugs, it's a constant in the programming world). For example no fleet marks awarded after a certain mission, No rewards available after certain upgrade, Game crashes on certain systems after player has entered fleet base area... list can go on.
    My point is that S6 cannot go live on holodeck before fleet bases have been tested on tribble.

My only hope is that they come out sooner rather than later. My bet is that there will be something with next weeks tribble notes.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    They said there will be a font page post when Fleet Bases will be av aible for testing on Tribble.
    As for the duration of FB testing on Tribble, it is very likely to last much longer than a single week.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    When are they going to hit tribble, since red shirt opened up I was assuming the test build for starbases would of hit by now, especially since we are only a month away from season 6.

Or has it been officially pushed back, since I would think releasing untested content would be seriously unwise, but then again, i ask because it's happened before.

I would really like for their to be some testing, and maybe even bug fixing. I know the QA team have been having a devil of a time with bugs, i would hope some progress has been made.

Yes?

-AE
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    There is no date currently.

You may want to review one of the threads that already exist on this topic. For example:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=273550

edit: Another one: http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=272919&highlight=starbases
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    the best thing to do is keep an eye on the forums on the tribble release notes and when you see a GIANT patch and note that refer to what will be starbases and such then you will know when S6 is released on tribble I keep an eye on the forums everyday during the week for new releases and read the patch notes

Thats what I was doing/planing on doing.
    Talgeeze wrote:
    They said there will be a font page post when Fleet Bases will be av aible for testing on Tribble.
    As for the duration of FB testing on Tribble, it is very likely to last much longer than a single week.

Thanks just what I was looking/asking for:)

Re: Direphoenix Yes I know I was more asking about when I have to look out for the weekend or whatever that has the reward (I'm not trying to sound like im trying to only get the reward or anything I just want to know when the weekends on for devs, reward and of course testing when everything is brought out since im prob not going to be able to see devs with like 2000-5000 or more people on (esp with timezone difference)).