test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cat Carrier needs universal Lt. Cmdr slot

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited May 2012 in Federation Discussion
Having played on the Klingon side for months with a few different carriers, I can say that with only one carrier to choose from on the Fed side, the Cat carrier really needs the Lt. Cmdr Science station to be a universal station so there's at least some ability to customize it to fit your play style.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    that would make it a nebula. I think its fine as it is. Wait for the next federation carrier.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    doesn't need a damn thing. it's a sci ship with hangers.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    You haven't flown a Kar'fi have you?
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    weezedog wrote:

Kar'fi's don't have universal slots. The only reason they have a LTC tactical and a Lt Tactical is because they are a Battle Carrier.

Besides, doesn't the Federation not put as much emphasis on battle as the Klingons? Or at used to?
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    There are people that make bad suggestions, then there are people that make baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad suggestions.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    cliftona91 wrote:
    Kar'fi's don't have universal slots. The only reason they have a LTC tactical and a Lt Tactical is because they are a Battle Carrier.

Besides, doesn't the Federation not put as much emphasis on battle as the Klingons? Or at used to?

They also do not get all the built in skills of a sci ship like the sci carriers do, meaning they dont get the targeting abilities or the enhanced cloak detection.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    weezedog wrote:

The only thing that the kar'fi (Or Karp as some like to call it) has in common with the klingon sci carrier and the fed cat carrier is that they can both spam fighters. Oh and it dosent have any uni slots either so i have no idea where you got the idea the Flying Kittybox should have them.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Paneth wrote:
    The only thing that the kar'fi (Or Karp as some like to call it) has in common with the klingon sci carrier and the fed cat carrier is that they can both spam fighters. Oh and it dosent have any uni slots either so i have no idea where you got the idea the Flying Kittybox should have them.

I have a feeling he just wants the Lt. commander to be universal since the oddy has one.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Kitty carrier is a sci ship , Vo'quv is a sci ship, karp is a tac ship

oddy=Multirole hence the uni slot

Bop=Multirole

people need to learn to play ships designed for their class or stop complaining
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    It doesn't need a universal LtCmdr slot, since the best possible slot for this ship is a science one. One more tac console would cripple this ship, seriously. You just need to learn to play with it.

With this carrier, don't do dps yourself, debuff targets so that your pets can kill them quickly. If you need this universal slot, then you should learn a bit more about the game.

With this carrier, i often have the 1st dps in several fleet actions, and it happens in pvp too. My pets do that for me. I just have a good build.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Kitty carrier is a sci ship , Vo'quv is a sci ship, karp is a tac ship

oddy=Multirole hence the uni slot

Bop=Multirole

people need to learn to play ships designed for their class or stop complaining
    Paneth wrote:

The Kar'fi is still a science ship, it has a commander science station and 4 science consoles. It is however a more tactical focused science ship in it's bridge layout and does lack the subsystem targeting of the other science vessels.

My point is that there are multiple carriers on the Klingon side that allows you choose a engineering, science, or (slightly) tactial playstyle. Since the Fed only has one carrier (and chances are they aren't going to get another one anytime soon given they just got this one), it should offer a universal station to give you some room to fit your playstyle.

The reason I say this is that I don't see them offering another carrier anytime in the next year, unless they go the Oddy route and sell the same ship with different layouts. Which they may well do that for the money grab.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Ships fine as it is, it's a support ship, doesn't need any extra bells and whistles to fulfill its role in an organized team.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    weezedog wrote:
    Having played on the Klingon side for months with a few different carriers, I can say that with only one carrier to choose from on the Fed side, the Cat carrier really needs the Lt. Cmdr Science station to be a universal station so there's at least some ability to customize it to fit your play style.

Troll much ? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    weezedog wrote:
    The Kar'fi is still a science ship, it has a commander science station and 4 science consoles. It is however a more tactical focused science ship in it's bridge layout and does lack the subsystem targeting of the other science vessels.

My point is that there are multiple carriers on the Klingon side that allows you choose a engineering, science, or (slightly) tactial playstyle. Since the Fed only has one carrier (and chances are they aren't going to get another one anytime soon given they just got this one), it should offer a universal station to give you some room to fit your playstyle.

The reason I say this is that I don't see them offering another carrier anytime in the next year, unless they go the Oddy route and sell the same ship with different layouts. Which they may well do that for the money grab.
    If Chewbacca doesn't live on Endor, then you must stop asking for a universal slot. Debate over
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    The Atrox is fine as is. Took her out in STF's and PvP on a few occasions. I found the experience, quite enjoyable. Not my goto ship by any means but certainly a suitable diversion.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    The Atrox is a very very big DSSV It trades a large amount of turn rate and sensor analysis for 2 hanger slots 1 device slot and double the hull. It has a slight improvement on the DSSV's excellent boff layout and identical console setup.