Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    sollvax wrote:
    No idea may be a special Andorian trick learned in preschool

But he seems to Jump into a wall and get stuck half way in

only officer I have who does this

Malk my klingon charging berserker can at least STEER himself (even if he does think that 6-1 is good odds and that Hirogen are sissies)

LOL, that Andorian sounds like a trip! Luckily, I haven't had an annoying pinhead like that yet, although my Science Officer (a charger) came pretty damned close by constantly getting her butt handed to her time and time again.

Edited to add: BTW, if anyone wants to post stories, screenshots of their favorite (or most annoying, weird) Boffs, etc., that would be really cool. :D
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    mine feel real on my first char i have 4 boffs that i have has since the start of the game all white BO and never changing them they are my style and tactics all in one
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I did notice that my liberated borg already came maxed out. Been meaning to ask about that.

I actually spend a lot of time on my boffs. At least uniform wise. Hair styles are something I need to work on though.

Likewise - my Andorian First Officer even tolerates the Seven of Nine catsuit I stuck on her!
    :D
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I understand the point of view of the NPCs in everything old is new. I bring along my borg science officer and reman/breen and they don't seem to care at all.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Yeah I think Im going to fire my ferengi engineer. He seems to like putting up cover where I get stuck in the shield and have to wrestle myself free of it during ground combat,or at least leave him off ground and use another Boff.Getting stuck in a cover shield is annoying!
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I've kept my inner circle still and only a few officers come and go. I still have my USS Khitomer boff from the tutorial you take with you when you take command of your first starship. I kept my crew constant throughout my leveing and only added after i screen them for cohesion with the rest of the crew and because of that i'm a kick *** in PVP and in PVE and none of my boffs have ever failed to deliver. Also pick ships that compliment your crew, my crew loves the D'kora which i grinded for and got on the exchange.

So i like my boffs and ill always update them but never get rid of them, the ship seems empty without your own people
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Obviously they are just pixels, but I have built up my BOffs in my mind as real characters. I'm attached to what I imagine them to be rather than what they simply are.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I have seen and reported a distant UFO flying like nothing we have , visually confirmed by many people and local police, Comox Airforce base reported nothing on radar while we all watched it ripping in and out of atmo and doing crazy maneuvering.

Parksville , BC, Canada at the minigolf baby :) where else
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Jake477 wrote:
    I've kept my inner circle still and only a few officers come and go. I still have my USS Khitomer boff from the tutorial you take with you when you take command of your first starship. I kept my crew constant throughout my leveing and only added after i screen them for cohesion with the rest of the crew and because of that i'm a kick *** in PVP and in PVE and none of my boffs have ever failed to deliver. Also pick ships that compliment your crew, my crew loves the D'kora which i grinded for and got on the exchange.

So i like my boffs and ill always update them but never get rid of them, the ship seems empty without your own people

I've only let go of one officer so far. I hired him because he looked like an alien version of Bob Marley. Eventually, I had to get rid of him because he wasn't really all that useful. But now I'm kind of bummed, because I miss going to the bridge and seeing this funky-looking Bob Marley alien working at a console and hearing in my head: "Jammin... We jammin... I wanna jammit wit you..." :D
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Not very. To be honest, there's not much... personality... to them. They appear to be a bit flat, like paper. There's nothing that really leaps out to say "I'm unique!"
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I'm a writer and roleplayer (even by myself). All of my Bridge Officers have personalities, stories, and interests. (Well, okay, maybe not the ensign currently keeping the chair at Ops warm.)
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I kept all four of my original BOFFs, and don't swap out BOFFs. They do start to get a personality to me, and I make stories about them (like HF_MUDD)
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    lomax6996 wrote:
    I get very attached to mine and I encourage that sentiment in myself. I see it as a large part of the enjoyment of the game. Rather like reading a good book except this is interactive. Recently I was running the mission where you have to rescue Marta from the Klingons. We were in the room with the console pit in the middle of the floor. I have two female BoFF's, twin redheads. One of them was struggling with a Klingon Sword Master on the edge of the pit. I watched as her identical twin actually glanced over her shoulder, saw her sis in trouble, dispatched her own foe then ran to execute a flying drop kick that sent her sister's opponent over the edge in to the pit. They then both looked at each other, took a step to the edge in unison, peeked over the edge, whipped out their phasers and smoked him... all in unison. They then stepped back, looked at each other again, then ran back to where I was crouched and took up defensive positions on either side of me. Once we finished mopping up the room I had to pause for a moment because I was laughing so hard I couldn't continue. It was so freakin' lifelike... it was wonderful! :D

I have several BoFF's I won't let go of and other's I have recommended to new positions on other ships :p...

Wow. That's pretty cool!
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I am new at this game but i have been playing it quite a bit. Honestly about everyday and completed a lot of missions. The first BOFF i got was an Andorian tactical officer. I made her tall because it stated on memory alpha that andorian women are tall. She is also my first officer and i consider her my chief of security. A few early missions where it looked like i would have to respawn she came to my aid. She may be pixels but her character is not just well armed but the first to attack after i fire at the enemy. And always with photon grenades. I would say she is a true andorian and fearless. My second BOFF is another andorian a male. He is my first engineering officer and he to is an excellent officer. Also i promoted both of them as soon as i was able. My first science officer was a trill and she is excellent also. My next officer was a bajoran engineer and after giving him training and upgrades to shields armor and weapons he is reliable in combat as well. my next officer was 1 of 3 choices a klingon female engineer or andorian science and i think male tactical. i choose the andorian because the other 2 with training and equipment prove to be the best. If Kirk had Spock and considered vulcans to be excellent. Like the unfortunate Sonak in the first Star Trek film. Then i am going with andorians since i want to be a fighter(tactical) rather than engineer or scientist. I decided to buy bridge slots and add a few more members. A bolian tactical officer she is no andorian but very capable and of course trained and promoted to lieutenant. I also have liberated borg officer and i created an orion engineer she and the borg officer are proving themselves in combat and i noticed my shields are starting to restore faster or that it is because i have newer ships? I also have a new tacitcal human officer and a vulcan scientist trying to copy the kirk spock thing. these 2 however are not proving to be too good. my vulcan scientist does not do well against orion or klingon troops....I did purchase an aenar bridge officer i think science would suit her ;)
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    My BOFF's are very lifelike to me. It is a role playing game, so I role play. I create bios for all of them (granted some are more detailed than others), and I imagine them talking and shouting on the battlefield, or when I walk past them in my ship. I even create personalities for them. Such as my chief of Security, Frank Roderick, coming from a Maquis colony that was destroyed by the Jem'Hadar. He was one of the survivors rescued by Eddington and Sisko, though he was just a baby at the time. He grew up with resentment and anger at this, and is trying to get himself sorted by joining Starfleet to give him order and discipline.

Unfortunately, my ship took on some Jem'Hadar and a Vorta crew as part of an 'Officer Exchange Program' to foster good relations between Starfleet and the Dominion following the events of the 2800. My Jem'Hadar Boff, Mirat (his short name) and Roderick are always fighting each other. One time they even wrecked The Bar on my ship. Of course, that's all in my head.

But the two are never near each other when I visit my bridge. Or when they are on an away team together.

Mind you, one time I put a security doff in for a councilling session, and both he and my councillor ended up in sickbay. Not sure what happened in that session, but I don't put security into therapy anymore. I just let them work out their issues in the shooting range and combat exercise. So yeah, other than the generics that wonder the hallways and who I don't consider part of my crew as they are not in my ship's uniform, I consider all my Doffs and Boffs fully realised people. But that's just me getting into the role play nature of the game.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    cptjhunter wrote:
    I would like to see some episodes based on certain Boffs we choose.Or a bridge crew morale slide like a Bioware RPG.

This would be a GREAT addition.

The only Boff I'm attached to is my Andorian Tac (the first one I got). She's a bit ditzy, running around like a tweaker on acid, but for some reason she always knows to toss a grenade right after her initial shot when she charges in.

My engineer always gets lost for some reason, so I think she's getting the boot when I find a suitable replacement.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    The only Boff I'm attached to is my Andorian Tac (the first one I got). She's a bit ditzy, running around like a tweaker on acid, but for some reason she always knows to toss a grenade right after her initial shot when she charges in.

Hey we got twins. :)

Maybe we should have a Thryiss day.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Hey we got twins. :)

More like triplets. :p
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I think many of us may have held onto our first officer(s), back when the tutorial gave us a choice who to take. Here's the writeup for mine, which also serves as an example of what I've done for all of them:
    Commander RINTALA SH'PASHEK
    First Officer / Tactical Officer

"Tala" is as passionate and fierce as any Klingon; Sinclair sometimes calls her "my pirate queen," to which she usually responds with a dangerous grin. She is equally adept at the tactical console or leading an away team. She will (reluctantly) play it cool when orders and/or circumstances require it, but prefers to throw herself into battle. There is a strong mutual attraction between her and Kyle, but they have so far refused to act on or even openly acknowledge it; not only is he her commanding officer, she is already part of an Andorian qavni (quad marriage). She is an accomplished watercolor artist and calligrapher.

During a visit to Andoria, Rintala introduced her captain to her bondmates. Evras (thaan) was cordial, while Dirnan (chaan) was as suspicious as he is of all non-Andorians, and Kayna (zhen) was neutral, only wishing that Tala would spend more time at home. The children were very curious and enthusiastic, but had to be reminded that "pinkskin" was not something they should call a guest (Dirnan disagreed on this point).
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Half of my BOffs are 25th Century versions of some of my closest (human) friends.

If that's not lifelike, then I'm not sure what else is.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I feel bad when I dismiss a boff or a doff, like I'm firing them and ruining their career.

Then I get over it and run another mission =P
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Not at all. more like suicidal monkeys better left on the ship. Give me la live group any day.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Does everyone have an andorian named Thryiss? Mine is great in combat. Absolutely fearless and must have graduated from the imperial guard on Andoria. Telah is a medic and also an andorian she is quite fearless too. My vulcan science officer he is a different story. His first away mission he was killed and had to be revived. He is no Spock! i kept my first 4 bridge officers tactical female andorian,engineering andorian male,trill female science and bajoran male engineer. The others i refused because i bought slots and added my own characters. All except for the vulcan i am pleased with so far.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    grunt6 wrote:
    Does everyone have an andorian named Thryiss? Mine is great in combat. Absolutely fearless and must have graduated from the imperial guard on Andoria. Telah is a medic and also an andorian she is quite fearless too. My vulcan science officer he is a different story. His first away mission he was killed and had to be revived. He is no Spock! i kept my first 4 bridge officers tactical female andorian,engineering andorian male,trill female science and bajoran male engineer. The others i refused because i bought slots and added my own characters. All except for the vulcan i am pleased with so far.

I have a 'Thryiss'. She's great in a firefight - she has a antiproton sniper rifle and is great at preventing enemies from getting too close. She also tolerates wearing a Seven of Nine catsuit. :p

My Trill science officer is another matter - charges into any given room with her assault rifle blazing, regardless of how many enemies may lay in wait, and occasionally gets herself taken out quite quickly, although not before she's taken a few enemies down first.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    My tac Andorian female I renamed to Talaina. She's also my first officer, and the only 'Commander' on my ship. By that, I mean everyone is levelled up to commander for their abilities, but Talaina is the only one to wear commander pips, and the only one I refer to as Commander. She is a beast in combat. I've just given her dual phaser pistols, but have yet to see how well she uses them. Normally, she is the last to go down, if Mirat isn't there. She's also my favourite, being the first, and I tend to make recovering her if she does go down a priority. My Andorian Engineer I got is Bosip, and I made him my Chief Engineer. He went through a phase of dropping cover shields everywhere, but he seems to have stopped it now. I guess he got over the excitement of that new toy.

My trill science is Emony. She also seems quite a tough little fighter. I gave her the tos mark II phaser from that mission. She tends to sneak around the side and while the rest of us are wearing them down, they'll suddenly flash blue and disintiigrate, the tell tale sign Emony got in the finishing blow. I didn't get a Bajoran engineer for my 4th, I got another andorian female (Engineering this time). At one point, I had pretty much an all andorian crew, except me and Emony. Got rid of her (I just say I moved her below decks to Engineering).
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    kimmym wrote:
    I feel bad when I dismiss a boff or a doff, like I'm firing them and ruining their career.

I just imagine giving a nice, big fat commendation to make up for it. :D

BTW, how far does anyone take the role playing? Last week, I thought it would be so funny if my Science Boff went off on maternal leave for some reason. Hey, it happens! :D
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    This thread is giving me some foundry ideas.

I know a lot of the fun with Dragon Age Origins was listening to the NPC party members (or Companions if you want to use the fancy term for them.) take pot shots at each other.

Oh well....
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    This thread is giving me some foundry ideas.

I know a lot of the fun with Dragon Age Origins was listening to the NPC party members (or Companions if you want to use the fancy term for them.) take pot shots at each other.

Oh well....

I love the DA games.THE NPC banter stops me just to listen and laugh.Sometimes I will mix the group up and listen to them bust on each other..and after several characters played to the end...I still hear them come up with humorous remarks when I thought I heard them all.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    minababe wrote:
    I just imagine giving a nice, big fat commendation to make up for it. :D

BTW, how far does anyone take the role playing? Last week, I thought it would be so funny if my Science Boff went off on maternal leave for some reason. Hey, it happens! :D

My ferengi Ops officer just put me in another cover shield wall on a ground mission, and was cringing behind it as the rest of my away team fought.Upon returning to my ship, I learned that I had lost some Ketresel in my inventory.I have a new OPs officer now.I sent the poor LCR ferengi to rehab at Sierra starbase for his drug habit:mad:.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I'm transfering one of my Andorians to special duties on the Romulan front (standing guard in a field)