test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

STOked Episode 115: Initiate Transition Sequence

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
STOked Episode 115 is up and available for your podcasting pleasure!
A new STOked is OUT: http://bit.ly/stoked115 In a change of gears from the featured episode series, Chris takes a look at the new Odyssey class ship, and what review would be complete with out taking it out for a few PVP matches! Join the crew as they put the new ships through their paces, and then give you their thoughts!
Plus - Community Feedback covers a new shield exploit, and asks what you want to know about Star Ship creation!
As always, you can find it here at Jupiter Broadcasting.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Bit of a short episode, but then there is nothing really new to report.

Not sure why Chris didn't mention the glaring bugs with the new odyssey ships, though i'm not sure if they were known that early on....

Chris really does need to consider a new permanent co-host. The new found energy was really apparent on last weeks show having the J-Man back :)
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Well if the new ship guy will be on, i say we all go whats up with the ambassador/t5 akira/klink retrofits that have been forgotten/andorian ship etc. Hate to bombard the new guy but more then likely only STOked can get any info on this stuff as the devs seem to superglue their mouths shut at the mention of any of these.

Except Geko, which honestly i wished he had. I didnt want to know that the Ent C ambassador class had been left out just because of his personal bia's on the ship. 2+ years is a lil long to wait for these ships, and to still not even have a real timeline, not some BS one like "Soon" TM is kinda sad.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    SatansHell wrote: »
    Bit of a short episode, but then there is nothing really new to report.

Not sure why Chris didn't mention the glaring bugs with the new odyssey ships, though i'm not sure if they were known that early on....

Chris really does need to consider a new permanent co-host. The new found energy was really apparent on last weeks show having the J-Man back :)

Agreed. J-Man making a surprise appearance meant this was the first STOked I was able to listen to the end of without wanting to freak out. Chris seriously needs a co-host so he doesn't speak as much.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    SatansHell wrote: »

While I agree having j back in studio brought some refreshing nostalgia for the entire show staff, we knew we would once again be faced with continuing to do the show without an in studio co-host.

All current contributors to the show do not live anywhere near the studio. If I was close believe me I would try to fill that role but I'm clear across the country from the studio.

Also note that the studio is in his personal residence, you just don't let any person into your home around your family. We have gone round and round with this issue and there is no easy solution to that issue.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Asmick wrote: »
    While I agree having j back in studio brought some refreshing nostalgia for the entire show staff, we knew we would once again be faced with continuing to do the show without an in studio co-host.

All current contributors to the show do not live anywhere near the studio. If I was close believe me I would try to fill that role but I'm clear across the country from the studio.

Also note that the studio is in his personal residence, you just don't let any person into your home around your family. We have gone round and round with this issue and there is no easy solution to that issue.

Hmmmmmm, I can think of several podcasts that do quite well without having their hosts anywhere near each other......
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    And we are doing just fine. Some may not think so, some don't mind the change. Either way, like it or not, hate it or not... they are still watching, we are still producing, and representing the community, and getting things done.

My other colleagues shows are continuing to be successful in their own rights and I applaud them for continuing to represent their communities and their followers/viewers/listeners interests an wish them continued success in all their future show. And I thank all of you viewers and listeners of stoked for your continued support.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    And we are doing just fine. Some may not think so, some don't mind the change. Either way, like it or not, hate it or not... they are still watching, we are still producing, and representing the community, and getting things done.

My other colleagues shows are continuing to be successful in their own rights and I applaud them for continuing to represent their communities and their followers/viewers/listeners interests an wish them continued success in all their future show. And I thank all of you viewers and listeners of stoked for your continued support.

i was a layal watcher, and still do watch occassionally. i do agree with everyone that while chris is great, the show suffers from not having a co host.. and im not trying to hurt anyones feelings as i love jupiter fleet and stoked and anyone who makes it possible, but the guy who does the bug thing = SNORE, there is no life in his talking and i am of mind that the segment should not comsume so much of the podcasts time. i always skip that part. and the irish guy is really the only guy i can stand who does the "round table" thing. again i am giving my honest opinion..

stoked still is the only podcast i go to for my info and explanations. even with the things i dont like, it is still the best one out there in my eyes...

i probably just killed any chance i have of getting into jupiter fleet, lol, but im just trying to help give an honest opinion of the show so you guys can take it and do with it as you wish.. lol...
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Putnam wrote:
    but the guy who does the bug thing = SNORE, there is no life in his talking and i am of mind that the segment should not comsume so much of the podcasts time....

So you don't like the community feedback section, which is my segment. Ok, other than shortening the segment and replacing me as co host, is there any other suggestions we can do to make the show more enjoyable?

And just because you don't like my segment or communication methods does not mean as fleet leader I would not consider your application, that would not be very professional of me.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Putnam wrote:
    i was a layal watcher, and still do watch occassionally. i do agree with everyone that while chris is great, the show suffers from not having a co host.. and im not trying to hurt anyones feelings as i love jupiter fleet and stoked and anyone who makes it possible, but the guy who does the bug thing = SNORE, there is no life in his talking and i am of mind that the segment should not comsume so much of the podcasts time. i always skip that part. and the irish guy is really the only guy i can stand who does the "round table" thing. again i am giving my honest opinion..

stoked still is the only podcast i go to for my info and explanations. even with the things i dont like, it is still the best one out there in my eyes...

i probably just killed any chance i have of getting into jupiter fleet, lol, but im just trying to help give an honest opinion of the show so you guys can take it and do with it as you wish.. lol...

LOL, I definitely agree that Irish is much more listenable. Perhaps they could recruit him, plus RSA's Mav, and his smoke detector as replacement hosts. I'd tune in more often.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Interesting idea, I will yield comm feedback to Irish for the next few episodes ans see how it goes. I thought I was doing a good job, gathering the facts and feedback from the community and delivering it to the devs to promote change that was in the best interest of the community. But I can see if Irish is up to the task if the viewers like home more than I should give the viewers what they want.

Any other suggestions.

Ben, your name is familiar, weren't you in jupiter force at one time? I might be wrong.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    well its just a little dry. as in i might as well go and work on a thousand lines of code, but i dont know how one would make discussing bugs and hacks more exciting.. and im not conceded enouph to think that my opinion is what everyone else thinks lol... id say just liven it up a little more, it feels so highschool math like right now lol.. if you get what i mean... and i think mixing it up with say different community feed back topics as well.. i feel as if the last few have been soley geared towards bugs and hacks, i miss hearing what people think about different aspects of the game, or when j-man and chris would have us submit ideas for something...

the community feed back is like a cake without the frosting right now, lol. we need the frosting, i dont mind the boring stuff that doesnt interest me as long as there is something to it that i do want to hear. (again, im not trying to make enemies, or rag on anyone, or say that my opinion and veiws are better than anyone elses) i just know from being a music teacher that i prefer the honest feedback over those who shy away from hurting someones feelings or whatnot...

getting away from that, a co-host that brings the same energy and synergy to compliment chris as j-man did would be great. i know its hard and im not saying do it tomorrow lol, just another one of my thoughts... ive felt like the show has been missing something, but i hardly blame you guys as the game does not give you guys alot to talk about.

but for real, having j-man on in studio with him really made my day, and as much good as jeremy is doing for the game by working at cryptic, i kinda wish he stayed with chris lol...

im not serious in saying that you wouldnt consider me for the fleet, i was cracking a joke to break the doom cloud i was dropping on this thread lol... i have considered it, and you might see my application on your desk, but i am still trying to figure out weather to resurect my own fleet or just give it up... (kinda having trouble keeping it together when everyone jumps ship for a few months at a time. lol...

hopefully this helps more than creating anger or tears... it is not my intention...

-me-
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Nah its cool, your only reciprocating what a lot of people feel about the current state of the game. As for comm feedback we get flooded with requests to bring to light bugs and exploits to try to get them fixed ever since the voldemort episode. That and dev questions which we try to get a dev on to answer directly.

Believe me I would like nothing more than to talk bout different stuff, but that's all I keep getting from the community right now, both the pvp and pve players. We are planning to hold off comm feedback segment in lieu of other segments like foundry files, and advanced combat tactics.

But we are trying to cover new ground not rehash stuff we had already done in previous episodes. Were always looking for suggestions. Email your ideas/requests to stoked@jupiterbroadcasting.com
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    perhaps when the defera events are made swish "silverwings" could come back and do a segment on those, to my knowledge STOked hasn't covered those events before.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Interesting idea, I will yield comm feedback to Irish for the next few episodes ans see how it goes. I thought I was doing a good job, gathering the facts and feedback from the community and delivering it to the devs to promote change that was in the best interest of the community. But I can see if Irish is up to the task if the viewers like home more than I should give the viewers what they want.

Any other suggestions.

Ben, your name is familiar, weren't you in jupiter force at one time? I might be wrong.

Yes, you are mistaken. I have never been involved with Jupiter Force.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    So you don't like the community feedback section, which is my segment. Ok, other than shortening the segment and replacing me as co host, is there any other suggestions we can do to make the show more enjoyable?

And just because you don't like my segment or communication methods does not mean as fleet leader I would not consider your application, that would not be very professional of me.

You guys could be the consummate hosts of network programming, and someone is going to find fault. Just keep being yourselves, keep talking about an online world we all love... or sometimes love to hate. You are up to the task!

Thanks!
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    perhaps when the defera events are made swish "silverwings" could come back and do a segment on those, to my knowledge STOked hasn't covered those events before.

Yes that segment is definitely slated with silver, i will check to see where he is at and see if its ready for showtime.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Rickpa wrote:
    You guys could be the consummate hosts of network programming, and someone is going to find fault. Just keep being yourselves, keep talking about an online world we all love... or sometimes love to hate. You are up to the task!

Thanks!

Thanks for your support and for continuing to watch stoked.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I personally think Chris needs a co-host. a lot of what happens in stoked is chris talking to someone over the internet. you lose that chemistry of having two people bouncing ideas and comments off of each other throughout the show.

if i could improve the show it would be to physically sit someone next to chris. J-man was perfect for the role and the show. I know thats not always practical unless someone happens to be up to the task and live near chris but that would be my ideal scenario.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I too think there needs to be a co-host. The reason most morning talk shows have co-hosts is so they can banter with another about the topics they discuss that day. Its much more enjoyable then a single person, or someone talking over video chat.
  • Options
    edited March 2012

I see your point Asmick, short of someone living in the same area as Chris, I guess skype is the closest we will get to having a second host at this time.
    I could see you filling the roll as well, just a shame we sometimes forget that not everyone lives just around the corner from each other ;)

The best thing you have brought to the show is tackling the bugs/exploits and talking about how they work and helping the devs fix them. :D
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Thanks for your support and for continuing to watch stoked.

Just gonna throw in that Stoked was my first ever podcast to watch and found it to be entertaining and informative. Having the J man leave did take something away from the show but would we rather have him on the show talking about what this game needs or have him on the dev team working on getting us what the game needs? The show is still informative in its current state and I continue to watch it. I have given a few other podcasts a try and end up shutting them off before they were finished. Couldn't get into them.