test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Thinking of Returning...

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
...but I am wondering if the game is still "kill 5 of these" and "kill 5 of those"?

I see the new Enterprise is out, but that's not really enough to draw me back in. Can anyone give me the real current state of the game?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Playable content wise, not really much has been added.

Depending on when you stopped playing, there is of course the new FE series, the doff system, the defera borg ground invasion (which I've yet to ever actually do, due to the ridiculous time limited nature of it), and the borg DSE.

So, if you're looking for new things to do, where you actually do things....you got another 6 or 7 hours of stuff, if you take your time.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Hravik, thanks for the reply.

When I quit, I was a VA and I'd just gotten either the 500 or 600 Vet reward, I can't recall which one. However, what I'm really interested to know is if there are even animals on the various worlds yet. When I left, we were still killing five groups of five on barren planets and space stations.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    ThetaNine wrote:

When I quit, I was a VA and I'd just gotten either the 500 or 600 Vet reward, I can't recall which one. However, what I'm really interested to know is if there are even animals on the various worlds yet. When I left, we were still killing five groups of five on barren planets and space stations.

What was there before hasnt changed much. All that has changed is more missions, and some new content in the form of Red Alerts (Borg invasion missions) and the DOff system.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    It is free to play now, so all you have to loose is the time it takes to download, install and play a bit. :)

There is only one major annoyance with the game that is destoying it for me, otherwise I feel this is one of the best, if not the best Sci-Fi MMO out there.

Depending on when you last played, there could be a real difference in the game. Say you stopped playing over a year ago - I would bet that this game would feel 76% different and better than it was. I'd even go so far as to opinion-ate that the game is 100% better than it was at release.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    ThetaNine wrote:
    ...but I am wondering if the game is still "kill 5 of these" and "kill 5 of those"?

I see the new Enterprise is out, but that's not really enough to draw me back in. Can anyone give me the real current state of the game?

Nothing has changed in the past few months, though infact things have been getting worse. Crashes all the time with the server, a very cheap Featured Series after a YEAR of no content...bugs everywhere, take you pick?
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    ThetaNine wrote:

No animals yet, No full KDF yet. and Yes still the same style of missions. The new FE, apparently isnt' all that. Thou if mini games interest you, you could find a few minutes a day of entertainment from the DOFF system.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I just came back in January and have been really enjoying it. The featured episodes are fun and the additon of the Duty officer minigame is addictive. Plus it is a great way to level when you are tired of fighting. The imporvements to ground combat are great and the simplification of the skill system is also very well done. It has a enough complexity still for you to have to be sure of your choices but removed a whole bunch of minutia that got in the way.

In short, I suggest you give it a try.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Nothing has changed in the past few months, though infact things have been getting worse. Crashes all the time with the server, a very cheap Featured Series after a YEAR of no content...bugs everywhere, take you pick?

I cant recall you ever having a single positive word to say about the game ever. The Featured series was pretty freaking good for us fans of DS9.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I remember you.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    boscohark wrote:
    I just came back in January and have been really enjoying it. The featured episodes are fun and the additon of the Duty officer minigame is addictive. Plus it is a great way to level when you are tired of fighting. The imporvements to ground combat are great and the simplification of the skill system is also very well done. It has a enough complexity still for you to have to be sure of your choices but removed a whole bunch of minutia that got in the way.

In short, I suggest you give it a try.

Ah, a new skill system? That is very interesting. I think I'll take your advice, Boscohark. Thanks very much for your reply, and to everyone else too. I remember you too DC :)