test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

cannon scatter volley of cannon rapid fire?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited March 2012 in PvP Gameplay
What do you think is generally better (in pvp), using a couple of cannon scatter volley or cannon rapid fire? why (if possible)?

Thanks
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Cant comment on uses in PvP but can comment on general uses against targets.

If your target throws lots of destructible objects about the screen such as torps or fighters/mines, etc then cannon scatter volley is your friend. If you are up against a single target then cannon rapid fire is better.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Well I prefer Rapid fire.

In a "usual" pvp situation you want to get 1 targert down as fast as possible, and Rapid does that better.

However, I could imagine Scattern to be quiet usefull too.
    I mean, if you can cover a whole group with the 75% of a rapid fire each (wich scattern is) you might prevent some healing since everyone is busy to save the own skin first. But I didnt try that yet.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    One of each is well-rounded. High level rapid fire for killing your main target, lower level scatter volley for cleaning the battlefield of deployables.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Scatter rocks in out in lowbie PvP. You can just about kill an entire team of noobs simultaneously!
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I agree with the above, all things being balanced. However, with attack pattern beta, multiple ships using CSV, and torp spread, and tetryon glider, it's possible for several ships to die in a multiple alpha before any serious healing can recover it, because the damage is big, but applied to several targets at once.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I agree with the above, all things being balanced. However, with attack pattern beta, multiple ships using CSV, and torp spread, and tetryon glider, it's possible for several ships to die in a multiple alpha before any serious healing can recover it, because the damage is big, but applied to several targets at once.

^^ This

CSV has the potential to not only kill your target, but also to damage anyone who might heal that target. Combine with some sci CC, and you have a slaughter field in front of you.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    bmr1580 wrote: »
    ^^ This

CSV has the potential to not only kill your target, but also to damage anyone who might heal that target. Combine with some sci CC, and you have a slaughter field in front of you.

Indeed, I think the Chaos to Order (and a dude from Lore) team I ran into a couple of times while pugging last night may've been facerolling us with this. I'm not Era, but I can help somebody to not die reasonably well in the Nebula, but shields were going all over the place faster than I could heal them. Massacretastic. They were at least kind/ironic enough to say "gg" afterwards.:D
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Given the amount of objects that can fill the screen I've just been running Cannon Scatter Volley. As mentioned above, it has it's some ups and downs but clearing clutter while keeping pressure on your main target is almost too nice to pass up.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I'm what you could call a dinosaur. I spent most of my sto career when CSV was terribad cause it would suck away too much power to the point you might as well have been tickling your enemy.

That being said CSV is much better now, and I'm considering putting CSV2 back on my ship. I've already got a cpb2 on my mvam so more aoe murder power might synergize better than having a second straight up murder power. (I roll RF3 in my cmdr)