test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Space Autofire query.

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
I'm guessing I'm doing something wrong, so please feel free to call me a newb. :p

I have 7 auto firing weapons (4 DHC's and 3 turrets), all are set to auto fire

When I enter weapons range for a target, I hit the space bar, which triggers the weapons and they fire

About 50% of the time though, they stop firing after the first volley, so I have to press the spacebar again (not a problem, of course), but sometimes it kinda throws me off and I'm wondering why they stop firing? Any ideas?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Did you right click on each of the weapons you want to remain auto-firing (On the skills bar or the weapons bar at the bottom of the screen), giving them a green border?
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    AdamPD wrote: »
    I'm guessing I'm doing something wrong, so please feel free to call me a newb. :p

I have 7 auto firing weapons (4 DHC's and 3 turrets), all are set to auto fire

When I enter weapons range for a target, I hit the space bar, which triggers the weapons and they fire

About 50% of the time though, they stop firing after the first volley, so I have to press the spacebar again (not a problem, of course), but sometimes it kinda throws me off and I'm wondering why they stop firing? Any ideas?

What HyenaZERO said... OR...

I've noticed since one of the recent patches, that sometimes when my weapons are autofiring, if I use a cannon ability, such as rapid fire, it activates the ability, but also toggles off my autofire. I just press space again, but it does sometimes result in a half second lost dps. so, if you get to 10k, press space to start firing, then pop a Rapid Fire, I would expect you to have to press the space bar again to resume firing. this doesn't 'always' happen, but for me it does most times. I've got used to it now anyway.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    aashenfox wrote:
    What HyenaZERO said... OR...

I've noticed since one of the recent patches, that sometimes when my weapons are autofiring, if I use a cannon ability, such as rapid fire, it activates the ability, but also toggles off my autofire. I just press space again, but it does sometimes result in a half second lost dps. so, if you get to 10k, press space to start firing, then pop a Rapid Fire, I would expect you to have to press the space bar again to resume firing. this doesn't 'always' happen, but for me it does most times. I've got used to it now anyway.

Yeah, auto-fire turns off sometimes. I assumed it's due to some NPC ability (jamming or something) but it could be a bug for sure.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    kyarr wrote:
    Yeah, auto-fire turns off sometimes. I assumed it's due to some NPC ability (jamming or something) but it could be a bug for sure.

It could be, yea

Sadly, I get overwhelmed easily when things are happening in fast succession on the screen, so don't always notice the obvious (yhey for dyslexia) :p

But from memory of playing last night, it usually only happens when I initially start attacking something, I hit the space bar, the system targets a ship in range, the weapons fire one volley, then stop.

Doesn't do it ALL the time, but as I said, it sometimes throws me off when it does hehe
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I have the habit of tapping spacebar for energy weapons' (torps aren't auto!) auto-firing whenever I activate any ability, be it cannon rapid fire or even tactical team. I may have started doing this due to noticing the delays, but at this point it's such a habit I cannot accurately recall.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I notice with a torpedo/cannon setup, I have to hit space twice, to get both sets to start auto firing.