test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

EC economy

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited March 2012 in The Academy
Can EC be bought/exchanged for CP or Dilithium?

if not what is the best and quickest way to earn EC?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    zordork wrote: »
    Can EC be bought/exchanged for CP or Dilithium?

Not directly. But indirectly, you can buy Master Keys with CP, and sell on exchange. You can craft gear with dilithium, and sell on exchange. (Or you can sell the unreplicatable materials directly on the exchange).
    zordork wrote: »
    if not what is the best and quickest way to earn EC?

I believe that master keys are going for around 1 million EC each on the exchange. This is probably the quickest way. The other way is to sell loot on the exchange. Also, the Tour the Galaxy Event is a good source of EC also. It can net you 300K for doing 1 tour.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Here's a rough breakdown on the steps for converting C points into EC via Dil, to support the abovesaid: -

1. 1 C point sells currently for 210+ dil
    2. Use the dil to buy rare items or unreplicable materials
    3. Sell them on the exchange for a huge sum of EC

So you can see a little spare C point change (say, 40 or so) can net quite a big sum of EC if you play it right.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    On an unrelated note, I'd love to buy ships with credits as appose to Dil. Millions of credits and nothing to buy, well, nothing but that ship I want.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    The above guys are correct.

Other than that, Ker'rat is a nice place to get loot (Just be prepared to fight... it's a warzone, so both KDF players and Fed players have access, and can blow the s*it out of each other) , as well as the DSE's.

Once you've filled your inventory, return to a starbase, and sell any loot below Rare to a vendor... Rare and Very rares go to the exchange.

Whatever you do NEVER, EVER buy EC from a gold-seller... EC is worth practically nothing in this game, and most people who have done it have never recived their EC...

Oh... and I belive it is against the TOS.

Koopa27 wrote: »
    On an unrelated note, I'd love to buy ships with credits as appose to Dil. Millions of credits and nothing to buy, well, nothing but that ship I want.

I on the other hand would gladly pay 500K Dil for the bug ship.. Why? Because I collect.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    The Ker'rat mission looks like a good option.