test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Odyssey Support Class

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited February 2012 in Federation Discussion
I really like my odyssey in a tank/healer role. But I wish I could change a few things to make it even better as a tank/healer.

First I would like the Lieutenant Tactical and Ensign Science Bridge Officer Stations switched. I would like to drop my Rapid Cannon for a Hazard Emitters II.

Second I would like one of the Tactical Console slots changed to a Science Console.

I know this will most likely never happen but it’s what I would like. I would for sure pay for this ship. What do other tank/healer people think?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Id just like to say if you have cannons on the oddy, you're doin it wrong
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    vespha wrote:

Turrets FTW.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    vespha wrote:

cannons + turrets net the best dps really... when you have CRF. If you're not using cannons then you're doing it wrong.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Cannons on the oddy is a joke ...say what you want.....i suppose you play a hunter in WoW and stack str ...rofl

last comment on this btw ...not getting into a flame war ...but still you're doing it wrong
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    My build was an all turret one. It didn’t do any good dps. That’s why I would like the changes I suggested. This ship is meant to be a tank/healer. I am going to be trying a heavy torpedo and mine set up because I always keep my power in shields and aux.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    My character is a Vice Admiral Tactical Officer using an Odyssey cause its free lol.

I'm not a tank/healer but for some reason I tend to get nudged into the tank role... :( I'm more of a theme kind of player and my setup shows this. Weapon loadout are Retrofit Forward Phaser Bank x4 and Retrofit Aft Phaser Bank x4. Using Aegis set aswell.

No complaints in the tank role though, for myself and from people who team with me, friends or PUGs :)
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    No. There is no need to switch the Lt. Tactical to an Ensign one. The Odyssey needs as much as help as it can to deal out DPS. I'm an engineer in an Oddy who does Elite STFs successfully with the current bridge officer slots. She does just enough DPS to be useful (and even then certain missions require certain strategy modifications). If anything, her Universal Bridge slot should be upped to Commander rank or her Tactical slot upgraded to Lt. Cmdr.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I don't get the turret set-ups for the Odyssey, either. Especially turret set ups are really not worth anything because with beam arrays you are broadsiding the whole time and get better dps which is really not as much as others do but you should soak up the damage of those cubes first and secondly deal some damage which works very well in my opinion.

I'm an engineer, skilled all tanky (Armour, shields 'n stuff) with some decent def-buff skills and some light support (hazard emitters, engineering teams). I think it works quite nice ^^