test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Second Wave Questions

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Two short and simple questions.

First: Is this episode (and by extension all episodes) only available for the saturday they come out on, or are they available for the saturday and the days leading up to the next episode?

Second: Has anyone had an issue completing this episode with a group? My brother and I have done it twice now teamed up and both times it completes the mission for him the moment we leave for Bajor, but resets itself completely for me.

Thanks for any assistance.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Two short and simple questions.

First: Is this episode (and by extension all episodes) only available for the saturday they come out on, or are they available for the saturday and the days leading up to the next episode?

Second: Has anyone had an issue completing this episode with a group? My brother and I have done it twice now teamed up and both times it completes the mission for him the moment we leave for Bajor, but resets itself completely for me.

Thanks for any assistance.

First: All of the episodes will be available forever, or until the game shuts down. Whichever comes first.

Second: I can't answer that one myself since I haven't done the mission while teamed.
  • Options
    edited February 2012

Yes, this has happened to me and a fleetmate. We can do them solo and work fine but there seemes to be several "issues" that only happen when you team up. It was enough for my fleetmate to storm off and call it a night.

Matt
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    So Second Wave, and the new one added next Saturday and etc. will be available to me for good? I'm not able to hail or access any of the earlier episodes.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    So Second Wave, and the new one added next Saturday and etc. will be available to me for good? I'm not able to hail or access any of the earlier episodes.

When a series first goes out, the level restriction is pretty low so most can do it. This is because during the first "screening" there are limited rewards that will eventually go, after that the mission is slotted into the rest of the story mission, often meaning a higher level req to access.
  • Options
    edited February 2012

you can hail the earlier episodes. you just may have to skip the one or other mission in the chain to make the hail button clickable.

cheers
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Okay. So come tomorrow, will this particular mission, Second Wind, be regulated to the 'higher level' that was mentioned, or will you be able to do this mission, with the same rewards, until the next episode mission comes available or until the entire episode series is over?

Sorry if any of these questions seem redundant. I'm just trying to gather all the information I can so I don't miss out on something due to misinformation or misunderstandings.
  • Options
    edited February 2012

If you mean the other episdoes on the Featured tab, its not letting you hail or access those because they have not been released yet. "Of Bajor" will release next saturday.

Any increases to the level requirement will usually not happen until after the entire Featured Episode arc is completed, which will be in March. At that point, they will give us a special reward for playing them when they first came out, which in the past has usually been a unique Bridge Officer. Once that is over, they will take the episode arc and integrate it somewhere into the games story progression, which will determine its new level requirements. For example, the Devidian arc that you do in the early Klingon (Lt/Lt Com) arc was Featured Episode arc 2. The Breen that you do in the admiral ranks was Featured Arc 1.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    any one got all 4 partys to join? i have not. i only got two.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I've gotten all four to join. The Gorn is the hardest, for me.

I think doing the side tasks the others give you might swing things easier in your favor as well.

With the Gorn, I picked the ones that typically involved telling him the whole system would fall, or the Borg would just get stronger, if they stood alone.