test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cross faction teaming and stf's?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
I was under the impession that the kdf and federation could team up for stf's, but this is not the case..

You cannot add a kdf to a fed team and vice versa, is this a bug or intentional?

Also I thought if you set up a private stf run, the minimum number of members is three, but this isn't the case either, it says you must have five? :confused:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    You can team up cross-faction as a result of random teaming from a STF queue. But as of now you can't actually manually team for them, something I hope they fix at some point.

or allow a private queue to pick people from the public pool.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm glad there is no Friendly Fire in STO. If there where I would have accidentally killed a few Klinks that I was randomly teamed with. I get caught off guard by it every time.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Are there plans to give us the ability to invite Klingon players to then get into the queue? Got a buddy that's coming back to his Klingon when f2p happens and would like to team with him on my Fed.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't see the issue. I do cross faction teaming in a private queue all the time. You don't need to form a team, that'll happen automatically when you enter the map.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't see the issue. I do cross faction teaming in a private queue all the time. You don't need to form a team, that'll happen automatically when you enter the map.

It's pretty hard to finish an STF with 2-3 players.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's pretty hard to finish an STF with 2-3 players.

i think you misunderstood him. you get 5 friends. you enter a private queue and the game auto teams you straight away.

dont try and team before it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i think you misunderstood him. you get 5 friends. you enter a private queue and the game auto teams you straight away.

But sometimes you can't find 5 people. So then you're kind of boned if you want your KDF/Federation friend to play with you.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    A team leader can Que the team with as few as 2 players in it. The system should auto assign the rest of the players needed. It was working this way for the STFs on tribble and has been the same for PVP for ever.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    krisslanza wrote: »
    But sometimes you can't find 5 people. So then you're kind of boned if you want your KDF/Federation friend to play with you.

This is indeed an issue. We've gotten around it by having a private queue wth a generic name like Cure Space, and no password, also by using vent to time our entry to the public queue right. It doesn't always work out well or as intended, but it does work much of the time as an optional that is available until they allow a better fix.

Ideally, I'd love for all private queues to have a "make public" button, at which point the remaining slots will be filled with people from public queue

Then you'd just get your private queue with as many as you have, kdf or fed, then click make public and wait for the magic to happen.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If he's your bud, then I'm assuming you are communicating either via vent or some other voice program. What I do is we both look for a game that only has 2 people in it, the we both add ourselves at the same time and end up in the same game on the same team. If you go with one where there's already 3 or more you run the risk someone will que at the same time as you do and either you or your buddy will end up on a different instance.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Actually I knew exactly what he meant. Luckily he posted a solution too.
    Ideally, I'd love for all private queues to have a "make public" button, at which point the remaining slots will be filled with people from public queue

Then you'd just get your private queue with as many as you have, kdf or fed, then click make public and wait for the magic to happen.