test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Turret Construction

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited December 2011 in Duty Officer System and R&D
Do the turret plans need to be in our inventory for the construction mission to pop up, or can they just be in our bank?

I moved the plans to my bank (for space) and it appears that the assembly missions have dried up. Working as intended? Has anyone else had a similar experience?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    The construction assignment just looks to see if you have ever completed the Espionage assignment.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm pretty sure I've had the assemble turrets pull plans out of my bank. same as they pulled the contraband/Stem Bolts/whatever else from the bank.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm pretty sure I've had the assemble turrets pull plans out of my bank. same as they pulled the contraband/Stem Bolts/whatever else from the bank.

Oh good I dont need to keep those in my inventory anymore.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Heretic wrote:
    The construction assignment just looks to see if you have ever completed the Espionage assignment.

So, hypothetically at some point I might get the assemble XX turret, even though I don't actually have that item in my bank?

Read as: Espionage to get turret -> assembly to produce turret -> system knows I already did espionage so offers assembly mission again (even though I haven't procured another plan yet)

Did I get that right?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Valiant797 wrote: »
    So, hypothetically at some point I might get the assemble XX turret, even though I don't actually have that item in my bank?

Read as: Espionage to get turret -> assembly to produce turret -> system knows I already did espionage so offers assembly mission again (even though I haven't procured another plan yet)

Did I get that right?

Correct. :cool:
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Heretic wrote:
    Correct. :cool:

So what is the point of the plans? Is there ever going to be a future use for them or can we just discard them?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You have to have the plans or you can't start the mission. The mission requires 1 set of plans 1 contraband 2 stem bolts 1 rare particle trace and maybe 1 other thing that I can't remember. So if you discard the plans then you can't build the turrets.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sakarak wrote:
    So what is the point of the plans? Is there ever going to be a future use for them or can we just discard them?

I am surprised it's not a crafting component for that assignment, but if the item needs some type of use: Let us sell it for Latinum!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You have to have the plans or you can't start the mission. The mission requires 1 set of plans 1 contraband 2 stem bolts 1 rare particle trace and maybe 1 other thing that I can't remember. So if you discard the plans then you can't build the turrets.

rare particle trace?

oh noes!

but i throw ALL my anomalies to my main crafting char by email... (since DOff system is live my inventory needs way more cleaning up, thx to science assignments)

there is so much stuff in my inventory by now that i almost feel forced to buy invenotry slots, but not going to happen for 7 chars, that would be 9000 C-Points or something... no way!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sakarak wrote:
    You consume 1 plan every time you do the assemble assignment. Since it is possible to get the assemble assignment more often than the steal assignment you can actually end up being able to use more plans than you've acquired (fortunately they are pretty cheap on the exchange).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You consume 1 plan every time you do the assemble assignment. Since it is possible to get the assemble assignment more often than the steal assignment you can actually end up being able to use more plans than you've acquired (fortunately they are pretty cheap on the exchange).

Yes, I'm actually going to be equalizing the frequency so there aren't quite so many plans lying out there doomed to never being able to become a turret.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Heretic wrote:
    Yes, I'm actually going to be equalizing the frequency so there aren't quite so many plans lying out there doomed to never being able to become a turret.

Hopefully increasing the build frequency and not decreasing the espionage frequency. I've got about 5 plans sitting in my bank waiting to be put together.

I grabbed them when I realized that they were a gateway to more engy missions (made tier 2 today!).