test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Incoming New Refugee Mechanic

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited December 2011 in Duty Officer System and R&D
Hey guys,

I know how much you all love getting Refugees, particularly in C-Store packs, and I know I promised some kind of mechanic to make them uniquely useful.

Still working on the exact implementation, but I would recommend not immediately throwing them away as has been the popular practice...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Noted! Thanks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Heretic wrote:
    Hey guys,

I know how much you all love getting Refugees, particularly in C-Store packs, and I know I promised some kind of mechanic to make them uniquely useful.

Still working on the exact implementation, but I would recommend not immediately throwing them away as has been the popular practice...

I literally just discharged a rare one lol.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have yet to get one :P
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It would be cool if we could make them apart of our crew through a Doff mission were we train them

Which would make them kinda like our Neelix or Guinan. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Heretic wrote:
    Hey guys,

Great,

Now I'll have something to do with the 3 blue ones I've got .... Thank You God of Randomness......

:)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It would be cool if we could make them apart of our crew through a Doff mission were we train them

Which would make them kinda like our Neelix or Guinan. :)

I was thinking perhaps they would be able to, through a doff mission, be promoted to acting X, and then eventually be able to be, again through a mission, go through SFA or KFA to become X as a proper doff.
    I dont recall whether Klingons get refugees too.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just executed my last one, whoops (an agressive unruly Gorn) :D.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You don't have to live like a refugee
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Okay, so that took a bit more than I expected, but it's now ready to go into the pipeline.

Refugees will continue to be exactly as they are now - they will come in qualities, they can be gained through the C-Store. They will be potentially consumable, however, with a new type of rare assignment called "Asylum" assignments (there are some verbage variations on the KDF side).

Asylum assignments are by species. That is, there are Vulcan, Saurian, Orion, Nausicaan Asylum assignments. These assignments require a single Refugee who will be consumed by the assignment. The reward will be a non-civilian Green, Blue, Purple duty officer of the species the assignment was for.

For example:
    1. On the list of sector assignments you will see "Asylum on Trill", a blue/rare assignment.
    2. The assignment requires a single Refugee; Blue and Purple outcomes are favored if the Refugee has the Teamwork trait, since Trills like teamwork. The quality/color of the Refugee will positively affect the possibility of a Blue/Purple outcome.
    3. When the assignment is complete, the Refugee you put into the assignment will be removed from your roster, and you will have a shiny new Green, Blue or Purple Trill duty officer.

Essentially, 1 Refugee = 1 random non-Civilian Green or better quality duty officer of the species of your choice.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Heretic wrote:
    ...Essentially, 1 Refugee = 1 random non-Civilian Green or better quality duty officer of the species of your choice.
    Keen! It's the new Heretic Puts Refugee's Back to Work civic program!

This is Patrician Havelock Vetinari, and I approve this message.

:D
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Heretic wrote:
    Okay, so that took a bit more than I expected, but it's now ready to go into the pipeline.

Refugees will continue to be exactly as they are now - they will come in qualities, they can be gained through the C-Store. They will be potentially consumable, however, with a new type of rare assignment called "Asylum" assignments (there are some verbage variations on the KDF side).

Asylum assignments are by species. That is, there are Vulcan, Saurian, Orion, Nausicaan Asylum assignments. These assignments require a single Refugee who will be consumed by the assignment. The reward will be a non-civilian Green, Blue, Purple duty officer of the species the assignment was for.

For example:
    1. On the list of sector assignments you will see "Asylum on Trill", a blue/rare assignment.
    2. The assignment requires a single Refugee; Blue and Purple outcomes are favored if the Refugee has the Teamwork trait, since Trills like teamwork. The quality/color of the Refugee will positively affect the possibility of a Blue/Purple outcome.
    3. When the assignment is complete, the Refugee you put into the assignment will be removed from your roster, and you will have a shiny new Green, Blue or Purple Trill duty officer.

Essentially, 1 Refugee = 1 random non-Civilian Green or better quality duty officer of the species of your choice.

Awesome! :cool::cool:
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Keen! It's the new Heretic Puts Refugee's Back to Work civic program!

This is Patrician Havelock Vetinari, and I approve this message.

:D

Unsurprisingly, once again, I must concur with the good Patrician. I eagerly await the new Asylum assignments, and I think it's a good way for us to use our Refugees. :)

(I've probably 'thrown out' around 4 or 5 so far, mainly because they were white quality and there's only a couple of assignments that take them (so far). I have held onto about 3 of them, though, because 2 are green and the other is blue, so I look forward to sending them to 'fly over the Cuckoo's Nest.' :cool:)

"I bet a dime!" :D
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Heretic wrote:
    Snipped.

Very nice, how far off is this?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    CapnBludd wrote: »
    Very nice, how far off is this?

The work is done; my plan is to check it in later this week, so however long after that it takes to migrate through the pipeline.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Heretic wrote:
    The work is done; my plan is to check it in later this week, so however long after that it takes to migrate through the pipeline.
    Awww... drat. I was kinda hoping we'd see them for this weekend's Promo. C'est la vie!

It's ok... Something else cool to look forward to... :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Awesum idea. :)