test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Please fix the DUAL SHIELD exploit.

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
There is an incredibly easy to replicate exploit that allows players to have quite nearly infinite shields.

It basically allows even a single copy of Emergency Power to Shields to fully replenish shields.

Obviously it would break the forum rules for me to explain it or post examples, so I will simply say:

DEVS, PM me for info on how to reproduce/identify this exploit.

I hope that you will fix this in a timely manner, unlike many other exploits that have popped up along the nearly 2 years of this game.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    According to the Patch Notes, it's been "fixed" a few times now.

Except not.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    mvs5191 wrote: »
    According to the Patch Notes, it's been "fixed" a few times now.

Except not.

There have been several ways to replicate this particular exploit. Most of them were fixed... this one was not.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    To much shield hax going around these days :(
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    If there's an exploit then send a ticket to Cryptic with the steps on how to do the exploit so that it can be fixed. Just ranting on "something is broken, fix it, fix it, fix it" doesn't help anyone.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    mizarone wrote: »
    If there's an exploit then send a ticket to Cryptic with the steps on how to do the exploit so that it can be fixed. Just ranting on "something is broken, fix it, fix it, fix it" doesn't help anyone.

That's been done. Numerous times.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Its the scimitar bug ;)
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    mvs5191 wrote: »
    That's been done. Numerous times.

^this.

Cryptic doesn't check the bug reports.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Doubtful they fix this soon. Its probably not even a bug its just a lousy written piece of programming.

Either there is a limit value of 2 programmed (a mistake?) so that you can equip 2 shields.

Or there is just no good system to check whether a shield is really equipped or not.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    A funny story. When I first heard about it during the first uproar (months ago) I thought people were managing to fit another shield in a slot that shields weren't supposed to go (giggidy). Then I found out just a couple of days ago that I was wrong(ish) and also that it was so easy to do some people might not even realize they were doing it (although many most certainly know that they are doing it, lol).

Makes me sad:(.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Its probably a good thing the general masses don't know how to do it, as it simply is just far to easy a thing to do.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Its probably a good thing the general masses don't know how to do it, as it simply is just far to easy a thing to do.

Cant say what i want to say on your statement, because that would be desasterous.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    mizarone wrote: »

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=240182

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=240127

Those are just a couple from a the past few days. Several of the threads from months ago got deleted and resulted in some bans:(. Thanks:).
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    And what about the dreaded UI bug since season 4? Or the infinite disable bug/exploit that can be achieved with tric rifts?
  • Options
    edited November 2011

On the other hand it would probably be fixed INSTANTLY...
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    smeissl wrote: »
    On the other hand it would probably be fixed INSTANTLY...

Or everyone gets banned for exploiting since that's probably easier to do :D
  • Options
    edited November 2011

Good stratregy... loosing more players is VERY good for the game, isnt it?

Although... I wouldnt be that sorry loosing THAT kind of players...
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Well... If alll you got is a banhammer, everything looks like a poster, I suppose.

But the Friendly-Fire-In-ESD solution can't be universally applied, can it?
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    FFS - this is like the 30th "sad panda" thread relating to it. All you're doing is making more people want to use it - I think you're previous 29x posts are sufficient.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    I think you're previous 29x posts are sufficient.

Has it been fixed? Yes/No? Apparently 29 posts were not sufficient.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    FFS - this is like the 30th "sad panda" thread relating to it. All you're doing is making more people want to use it - I think you're previous 29x posts are sufficient.

Maybe when everyone is using it Cryptic will actually acknowledge the problem and fix it or make it an ACTUAL feature then EVERYONE can use the damn thing.

Report a bug - No fix

Go figure why people will KEEP POSTING the problem exists.

Is expecting Cryptic to be remotely competent in fixing a bug after months too much ?
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Iceroid wrote: »
    There is an incredibly easy to replicate exploit that allows players to have quite nearly infinite shields.

It basically allows even a single copy of Emergency Power to Shields to fully replenish shields.

Obviously it would break the forum rules for me to explain it or post examples, so I will simply say:

DEVS, PM me for info on how to reproduce/identify this exploit.

I hope that you will fix this in a timely manner, unlike many other exploits that have popped up along the nearly 2 years of this game.

They'll get to it after they fixed all the PvE bugs
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    I am still waiting for ny strawberry sunday. Oh also... Can you make it so I can equip four shields?
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Has it been fixed? Yes/No? Apparently 29 posts were not sufficient.

But maybe we're seeing results. SteveHale mentioned he got contacted on a few bugs he reported. Maybe we'll see results.

But if we see them, probably only on Tribble. I invite every PvPer to move on to Tribble anyway. :)
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Good stratregy... loosing more players is VERY good for the game, isnt it?

Although... I wouldnt be that sorry loosing THAT kind of players...

It could be said that in order to be competitive against players who do utilize the bug you may feel forced into exploiting the exploit as well.

Not a justification, but a reasonable reason (lol) for taking that course of action.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    I'm putting together a build that is all hax. Can someone e-mail how to do double shields so I can include it. Thanks.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    If Cryptic really care about exploits maybe they will actually do something about it then and if they wont. Its leveling the field so game balance can be restored until then.

Then again, I wouldnt be surprised if Cryptic come out with a +1 ship that has dual shields as standard. Hell, go one further and make it a ship that has Tripple shields. The C-Store ships have to be +1 better than whats available ingame, right ?
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    This might have explained the pointless pvp I had to deal with last night...
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Even with the confirmation that this is a real issue, I think some folks still need to recognize that from time to time things won't go their way and it's not because the other person is cheating. Not every time, at least not very often anyway.

This may explain some of the problems folks have, but baseless accusations from people who are doing it wrong or just don't understand how things work is still far more common.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, sometimes it's not them. Sometimes it really is just you.