test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Small Character Deletion

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Hi folks,

Earlier today we performed a deletion of a small amount of characters on Tribble who were found utilizing a bug to power level their characters.

This deletion was performed in order to maintain the accuracy of the data we are collecting on the new economy system on Tribble.

If you log in and find that your character has been deleted, please be aware that you may simply create a new character and begin the process of leveling naturally. The bug which allowed this to occur has been removed.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Since the bug was removed...what was it ? Just curious.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Ashur1 wrote:

if they told you, that would be discussion of exploits, in which they would then be required to perma-ban themselves from the forums, which would then result in a divide by zero error effectively ending the world as we know it.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Iceroid wrote: »
    if they told you, you would discover that it could be done on holodeck as well, where it is also not allowed.

Maybe the bug doesn´t exist on holodeck. :cool:
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I'm surprised it is been taking seriously, all things considered. But glad to see action taken, ultimately. I hope not too many people who were not aware of their actions were effected - but considering we don't know the details, perhaps those taking advantage of this knew exactly what they were up to, making the deletion all the more justifiable.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Iceroid wrote: »
    if they told you, that would be discussion of exploits, in which they would then be required to perma-ban themselves from the forums, which would then result in a divide by zero error effectively ending the world as we know it.

Now that its not in the game its no longer an exploit but instead just a former bug. Id really like to know what it was too but I'm not holding my breath for an answer.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Now that its not in the game its no longer an exploit but instead just a former bug. Id really like to know what it was too but I'm not holding my breath for an answer.

Maybe it was the Foundry again. Some people exploit that day and night with efficiency and enthusiasm. :mad:
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I was wondering how some guy flying a Sovereign on day 2 of FTP leveled so quickly. LOL
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Now how am i supposed to level my character?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    scan five anomalies until you die
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Beagles wrote: »
    Now how am i supposed to level my character?

Just do episodes. You gain one level per mission for a long time. Around Commander level the XP slacks off a little but it's still extremely easy.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    based on the title, I thought you were going to say you deleted characters that were too short because they could look up skirts :)
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    But then they would also have to delete the Chars with mirrors on the toes of their boots as well.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Logging on now. Please don't be gone....please don't be gone.

*whew*
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    HA! wasn't me....:p
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Ashur1 wrote:

I don't have a possible clue what it could be ... ;)

although I will say
    Did anyone else notice the influx of purple loot on the holodeck exchange after the foundry went live?

I never saw so many purple CrTHx3's in all my life ...

Oh well, those two dudes who run STOked never spoke of it so clearly it's all in my head

So awesome to have such dedicated guys giving us such a balanced and independent view on STO don't you agree. ... :)

PS I don't have a character on tribble to be deleted so it wasn't me lol
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Logging on now. Please don't be gone....please don't be gone.

*whew*

same here, morning forum check and this and i was like, um.....
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I wouldn't even think of the foundry to power level, how the bleep do you do that? The rewards for doing three foundry missions suck, the only exploit, if you could call it that. I ever found on foundry, was an easy way to get you kill accolades, but its not like you are not actually killing what you are supposed to be killing. You are, its just they are all in one spot, :D instead of searching a nebula or replaying a mission 20x over to fight 6 or 7 groups of the actual enemies your looking for. I will give you a prime example.

[Destroy Federation Ships] Okay where do I do that? A Crack in the Mirror, okay, how many do i get to kill, a whopping 4 ships! How long does it take to get to those 4 ships, 15 mins give or take. What does all of this equal, It equals me not getting the Fed Ship Kill Accolade any time soon is what it means lol. :cool:
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I for one am glad that they deleted those who exploited that natural leveling process. That's the problem with our today's society, we want it NOW! I and most worked hard and putting in time leveling. I for one stayed on for over 36 hours nonstop. I was furious when I learned people had pull a slick fast one. I'm taking this serious completing all epesiods, scanning anomallies for R&D, Counselor working my way up to Ambassador. They need to see how it all works in order to figure out what if any needs tweaking. By us taking short cuts doesn't help them when it's time to crunch the numbers.
    For those of you leveling dont forget or put off diplomatic Corps that opens doors too. I got a rare scientist (Orion) with great abilities. So you have to put in allot of time. The benefits/rewards will be great.

Devs, thx for catching the exploit.

Kestrel_Falcon
    Semper FI
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    too bad someone found a way to make the bonus-xp items be obtainable without a c-store transaction. I mean really what is the difference...??
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    havam wrote:
    too bad someone found a way to make the bonus-xp items be obtainable without a c-store transaction. I mean really what is the difference...??

You get a 1 hour bonus-xp boost when you reach Lt. Commander so it comes naturally with leveling (whether that item is tradeable or not is another question :p)
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    havam wrote:

??

The green one hour skill boosts that can drop as loot?

I've only gotten a few as loot drops before, but they certainly exist.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I was wondering how some guy flying a Sovereign on day 2 of FTP leveled so quickly. LOL

I was VA at 2.5 days in but no sovereign for me, stuck on the captain defiant til thurs when c-store opens up.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Havesum wrote:
    ??

The green one hour skill boosts that can drop as loot?

I've only gotten a few as loot drops before, but they certainly exist.

The Red Alerts give out the 15 min boosters, too.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Collecting data on test server? WTH?
    Shouldn't that be done on LIVE?
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Nu-NRG wrote:
    Collecting data on test server? WTH?
    Shouldn't that be done on LIVE?

Well considering that the Free to Play stuff isn't actually on the live server yet... then no. It'd be hard to collect data on the F2P model if you do it on the server that doesn't actually have the F2P model.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Crypic has it's eye on you:eek:
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    My Tribble toon is also still there.
    i shouldn't have been worried, i didn't exploit anything and didn't level to VA in 5 minutes either.
    But somehow a post like this really makes you doubt... :D
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    If you guys would read the 1st post in the thread, you'd see that this was from a MONTH AGO.

Can we close this now, please Stormy?
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    jeffknight wrote: »
    If you guys would read the 1st post in the thread, you'd see that this was from a MONTH AGO.

Can we close this now, please Stormy?

Yep, we can definitely lock this one down. Thanks guys!
This discussion has been closed.