test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

merc stealth keyboard

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
I have one of these, and every time they update the game, my keyboard stops working with STO. Any else have this problem or know how to fix it. Reinstalling the game fixes it, but I don't want to reinstall every time they update the game.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I'm using that keyboard, and mine works fine... but I don't do anything fancy with it.

I'm just using the default Windows 7 keyboard driver.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    reinstalling the driver fixes it too...for a day or 2
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    I have windows 7 ultimate 64bit, if I use any other driver other than "ZE_25030_NA_64", I have similar issues to yours. Have not had any issues since I switched versions.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    I've got one/use it on STO I know what you are talking about theres a few issues with useing it with STO.

1. When using keys 1-0 sometimes it will default to using Alt+(whatever number you are pressing) which requires you to hit scroll lock on the keyboard several times before it unlocks and allows you to use it normally again.

2. This is prolly your issue i've had it happen to me a few times. What happens is it locks up the keyboard and the lights on it go dark and even if you try to unplug and replug it in, it won't work. Something with the STO client kills the keyboard until you restart it which I've only found this happen when doing the Donatra battle at the end of KA. Never happens anywhere else.