test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Does anyone remember...

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited October 2011 in The Academy
...the months this year when Cryptic held a promotion or discount for items in the C-Store?

Also, if I remember correctly, last year in November 2010, wasn't there a C-Store promotion around Thanksgiving?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    All i remember was it was the anniversary. Got my lifetime for $240. There won't be any more significant sales like that.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    You won't see any Discounts until after, if at all, F2P launches.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Having a sale on the C-Store might keep players busy for a day or two. The complaints about the F2P changes might even fade a little bit. Plus, it would give us something to spend all of these extra points some of us bought on Live so that we could get equivalent points on Test.

:cool:
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    they would probably skip any further temporary reductions unless it's for a useless item or one that doesnt get much attention typically.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    C-Store weekend sales have usually fallen on holidays. So I would expect one around Thanksgiving, unless they tie one in with the roll out of F2P. Or those days may be over.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    CrustyMac wrote: »
    C-Store weekend sales have usually fallen on holidays. So I would expect one around Thanksgiving, unless they tie one in with the roll out of F2P. Or those days may be over.

That's what I originally thought. Thanksgiving and Christmas are coming up soon. So is the F2P launch event.

I wonder if Cryptic will hold a C-Store Promotion/Discount around any of these 3 events...
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Not to double-post or anything, but I had a feeling that there would be a Halloween C-Store sale coming up, especially with that recent update yesterday with the website, forums and server being offline from 10 am to 12 pm ET.

I can predict when Cryptic holds C-Store sales, but I cannot predict the winning lottery numbers. I need help. :(