test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So, how about reverse engineering loot?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
That is to say, when you get a piece of loot you dont want you could break it down for some anamolies. Any chance we can get this in for F2P?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Love it.

Work it into a much more in depth and rewarding crafting system and I might even stop complaining.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I like the idea, they should add a minigame for it too. So you reverse engineer it, a screen pops up, and if you can complete the mini game you get bonus loot.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Morgomir wrote: »
    I like the idea, they should add a minigame for it too. So you reverse engineer it, a screen pops up, and if you can complete the mini game you get bonus loot.

That would be awesome, but probably take quite a bit of time to develop. In the mean time, here is an idea that just occurred to me. They were talking about letting us craft from the inside of our ship which, while cool, negates the purpose of Mem Alpha. Well what if we could craft in our ships but could only RE at Mem A?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    That is to say, when you get a piece of loot you dont want you could break it down for some anamolies. Any chance we can get this in for F2P?

Basically a Disenchant I'm actually surprised we dont have something like this in game. Would make crafting tolerable
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I liked this feature in Champions Online.

It was nice to be able to break items down into parts to use for other equipment.

I'd love to be able to tear down all of the uncommon and rare items that I won't use once I'm setup with the very rare gear.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    That would be awesome, but probably take quite a bit of time to develop. In the mean time, here is an idea that just occurred to me. They were talking about letting us craft from the inside of our ship which, while cool, negates the purpose of Mem Alpha. Well what if we could craft in our ships but could only RE at Mem A?

How about lower level stuff in your ship and high level / rare items only at Memory Alpha? Or finding a more central location for the crafting area?

As far as the thread topic, how about breaking it down a bit : RE the part into samples or break it down for a temp buff to a stat (if applicable). Like if you got something that gave +10 to Disruptors, it could be RE'd to give an item that gives +5 to Disruptors for 20 seconds or whatever.