test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

special Starfleet Academy events

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
I went to the special event at Starfleet Academy on Saturday and I did not know about the Klingons that sometimes appear when a particle is scanned. Then someone expressed irritation at people "stealing" their rewards and I figured out that they were probably also shooting at the Klingons as I had done. I was not trying to steal anything, I just didn't know.

Is there a way that we might prevent these misunderstandings and avoid the arguing? I did not get a reward that really belonged to someone else but if I had, I would not have been able to give it to the person who claimed it was theirs; the awards are not transferable. That is what I was told.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I don't doubt you didn't know, there are however people purposely kill-stealing the klingons to get the rewards. Any particle you see with a minefield or a Turret under it is pretty much that, wince they'll react faster than the player and "tag" the klingon for their owner. Also dampening fields, apparently, hence the giant ball o' grid-squares that people just drop apparently randomly around SFA.

This needs to be fixed not to prevent misunderstandings, but to keep this kind of abuse from happening.
  • Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Feor wrote: »
    I don't doubt you didn't know, there are however people purposely kill-stealing the klingons to get the rewards. Any particle you see with a minefield or a Turret under it is pretty much that, wince they'll react faster than the player and "tag" the klingon for their owner. Also dampening fields, apparently, hence the giant ball o' grid-squares that people just drop apparently randomly around SFA.

This needs to be fixed not to prevent misunderstandings, but to keep this kind of abuse from happening.

I have seen turrets and domes and I thought it was an accident when someone's turret kept me from claiming the prize dropped by a Klingon. Nobody took the prize, though. I thought the turret was to aid in one's fight against their own Klingon and since I was in a place with no other people, I used one today. I won't do it since now I know that they might take a prize belonging to someone else. I do not run toward a particle if I see another player going for it, even if I am much closer.