test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Curious About Patrol Missions

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
After playing on the test server I have noticed that the Patrol missions have sort of been pushed to the wayside. While they still give out the standard item rewards they always have the exp gain has been reduced by a considerable factor.This is just my personal opinion but, this reduction seems to make these missions not worth playing at all.

This is what leads into my question. Are there any plans for dilithium being given as a reward for doing patrols? If not do you think giving out some amount of dilithum for taking patrol missions would be enough of an incentive to take these missions now that the amount of exp they provide has been reduced?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Don't thik Patrol XP was reduced, it's just that Episode Mission XP is insane now.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I suppose that could be true. It just seems like 23xp for the starter level stuff seems much lower level than I recall.

As it is though it seems like there isn't enough incentive to actually undertake these missions. Like I said, this is just my opinion.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Yeah, they really didn't do anything with the patrols, they're just where they were on Holodeck. You get the same rewards as before. However, they can be useful. They're good for testing new weapons and abilities you've equipped. Plus, the SP you get for them does still add up. You'll eventually level up using them, just not as fast as you do playing the episode missions, especially under the new system.