test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The 500 day veteran reward

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Simply put they should have had a replacement ready before changing it. This is just an example of poor planning.
    edited October 2011
    If the reward is going to be changed to a Bridge Officer, I seriously hope an extra Bridge Officer slots is included in this package otherwise your rewarding someone with a white elephant.

Ideally, if this is SERIOUSLY going to be a vet reward for playing STO for 500 days then players should be able to get a Bridge Officer truely represents this achievement. I.E Fully Customisable uniform, appearance, race and Superior Traits

Personnally, I would rather see the reward being DOFFs, that would kinda make sense since F2P made the 500 Vet reward get canned.
    edited October 2011
    J-Sheridan wrote:
    Personnally, I would rather see the reward being DOFFs, that would kinda make sense since F2P made the 500 Vet reward get canned.
    I want that extra special veteran Boff. :(

But, you know, if they want to toss in some bonus Doffs for those of us who missed out on the 250 emblems that would be cool. One of those random packs they're going to put on the C-Store (some commons, uncommons, a rare, and a purple).
    edited October 2011
    jheinig wrote: »
    Talked to Geko and Gozer. Currently looking at adding in a special (unique) reward item as the vet reward. (Will refrain from details until I have a better idea of whether I can do it.)
    Does it summon enough Dilithium to buy half a Premium ship? Or a ship token? Or 8 very rare Mark XI+ items?

PS: If it's a Bridge Officer
    1) Full customization
    2) No uber-BOFF with stuff like Emergency Power to Shields IV or whatever. :p
    edited October 2011
    Presticus wrote: »
    I want that extra special veteran Boff. :(

I want something I can actually use.

Special Bridge Officer

Borg Bridge Officer - Efficient that was useful
    KA Borg Bridge Officer - Cant be customised and the traits are poor compared to what you can get elsewhere
    Breen BO - Cant be customised and the traits are poor compared to what you can get elsewhere
    Diplomacy BO - Poor quality and traits are poor compared to hat you can get elsewhere
    Holographic BO - Cant be customised and the traits are poor compared to what you can get elsewhere
    Reman BO - Good for ground, poor for space

In the current system you have 4 officers for ground and 5 for space. The best loadout would be to get 5 Officers that have traits that benefit space and 4 Officers that benefit Ground otherwise you are losing effectiveness. Afterall, you dont want to send your space officers on ground operations when their traits dont actually help them their and vice versa.

So far all of the 'special' Officer rewards have been abysmal. One of the major reasons why I want a system that allows players a much better officer selection option.

I.E Vendor that offers players the ability to headhunt / make their bridge officer from start to finish with traits, race and cosmetic appearance as an endgame option. The current system of lucky dip is extremely annoying and the exchange has quickly become overloaded with the amount of officers on it.
    edited October 2011
    I suggest the Holo boff from the referral program...
    edited October 2011
    Talked to Geko and Gozer. Currently looking at adding in a special (unique) reward item as the vet reward. (Will refrain from details until I have a better idea of whether I can do it.)

This going to be Retroactive for those who already claimed the 500 and 600 Day Rewards?
    edited October 2011
    Azurian wrote: »
    This going to be Retroactive for those who already claimed the 500 and 600 Day Rewards?

Wouldn´t exactly be fair, but who knows. :(
    edited October 2011
    "Special (unique) reward"??? no. just no...
    Dilithium.... Tha same way Emblems were used for... That would be appropriate.

THIS

if it's a Item it better be worth half a Starship in dilithium or many Players will be PI$$ED
    edited October 2011
    I'm not an artist, so I can't do any special uniforms or anything like that.

Currently exploring the possibility of giving a unique bridge officer who has the special trait "Veteran," which is not otherwise available . . . we shall see!

Instead of the equivalent in Dilithium? A BOff?
    Can we at least choice its traits and Abilities to make it truelly worth the loss of 250 emeblems?

Those 250 emblems where highly helpful in those of us with little play time to outfit our Level Cap vessels with good gear. Without it, I frankly do not know if I can muster the effort to farm for months in hopes of raisning iether the cash to buy them from teh Cstore or to be able to choose them as a reward after long hours of gameplay. (spread over several weeks)

A little disapointed but not surprised.

Now if you'll excuse me, I must go decide if continueing to levl a Tactical alt I had up to BG1 in hopes of making it to LG before all this happens is worth it.
    edited October 2011
    boglejam wrote: »
    Its gonna hafta be one impressive unique item to equal the bang-for-the-buck that 250 emblems represented. I'm talking something like...

500 Day Vet Reward - Open Uniform option that displays Ricardo Montalban-like Pecs on your Captain. (Currently not available (nor recommended) for female captains)

But we will probably get a fed cape or that swagger stick carried around by that tool SF Captain in ST IV.

Lame.

Although now that I think about it, the pimp stick might be handy when you visit ESD.

Dude, we haven't gotten the bloody handprint variant for the WoK uniforms yet. :p
    edited October 2011

I would add a dilithium reward given only to those who haven't already received the emblems and of comparable value to that. Since there is an exploitable issue, a fix for that will be required (this is also required for the tribble dilithium reward) and should be implemented. You could create a token that is only claimable by players and that can be then exchanged for dilithium once they reach a higher level. Or something...you really will need a way to level lock dilithium rewards in the future anyway so may as well develop now.

And, if in your awesomeness you add a BOff that is claimable by all 500 day veterans in addition that would be great.
    edited October 2011
    Roach wrote: »
    Instead of the equivalent in Dilithium? A BOff?
    Can we at least choice its traits and Abilities to make it truelly worth the loss of 250 emeblems?

Those 250 emblems where highly helpful in those of us with little play time to outfit our Level Cap vessels with good gear. Without it, I frankly do not know if I can muster the effort to farm for months in hopes of raisning iether the cash to buy them from teh Cstore or to be able to choose them as a reward after long hours of gameplay. (spread over several weeks)

A little disapointed but not surprised.

Now if you'll excuse me, I must go decide if continueing to levl a Tactical alt I had up to BG1 in hopes of making it to LG before all this happens is worth it.

To be honest, you can craft for the most part weapons and equipment that are near equivalent to the items you can buy with emblems. (heck, my toons have the aegis gear practically out of space dock)
    edited October 2011
    You aren't getting dilithium, people. Move on to something realistic.
    edited October 2011
    I do agree though, it is a bit unfair
    I was quite close to getting the 250 Emblems, then it was removed :S
    Why do some get something and others dont?
    edited October 2011
    I do agree though, it is a bit unfair
    I was quite close to getting the 250 Emblems, then it was removed :S
    Why do some get something and others dont?

Because the game is undergoing a HUGE economic change and the old reward was no longer appropriate.

Could they have waited? Sure. But I certainly can see a few knuckleheads going and buying a bunch of char slots to exploit the emblem reward, and then throw a tantrum when the conversion rate isn't what they expected. If we could keep stupid people from playing, I guess they wouldn't need to do stuff like this.
    edited October 2011
    Personally, considering the system that's being implemented, I'd prefer a unique Doff.

I'm still waiting to find one of my little exocomp buddies there somewhere. :D
    edited October 2011
    the to exploit is rather simple you get the dlithium when you hit the level cap and you have the 500 day badge.

If I remember correctly you get accolades for hitting vice admiral. if not how hard would be to add one. When both accolades = Y you get third accolades that say you got your reward. Which then stops them from getting it again on that character.

Instead cryptic simple takes the reward away. Forgets to update there website. and then takes more stuff away form gold members give them nothing of value.

On top of it they pulll before there was need the new economy not in game yet. It not even done on tribble. So instead coming up with plan. Post the plan and that reason why they simple come in at night when no one looking and remove it with not plan nothing.

Like I said before it basically tells me cryptic those not value gold members in the new model. They not important.
    edited October 2011
    You aren't getting dilithium, people. Move on to something realistic.

A token that reduce the price of one ship by half then?

A one time 800 points C-Store stipend (enough to buy a C-Store BO for 4 characters, or enough to buy 1 ship for one character instead of half a ship for all of them?)
    edited October 2011
    Question... If the 500 day veteran award is being replaced whit something new instead of the 250 emblems, will seasoned veterans be getting this new awards as well?
    edited October 2011

Currently exploring the possibility of giving a unique bridge officer who has the special trait "Veteran," which is not otherwise available . . . we shall see!
    1. Is he going to come with a free slot to hold him as well? I'd say the majority of people who have or are hitting 500 days are likely out of slots by now.
    2. Will he be customizeable, as so far special BOffs have been very... static. It's been a sticking point.
    3. Are his abilities really going to offset the value of 250 Emblems worth of Gear, or getting half-way to most C-Store ships?
    4. Why not simply add a level-gated NPC that offers an equivalent amount of Dilithium to Vice Admirals, since that was the intention of the Emblem award?
    edited October 2011
    Dude, we haven't gotten the bloody handprint variant for the WoK uniforms yet. :p

Good point.

If they do go with the Khan-pecs, I hope they include the ear-inserted Ceti Alpha mind control insect. It could be listed under the earrings options in the tailor. :D
    edited October 2011
    Powerhelm wrote: »

Only if you turn over your playable borg captain to those of us who have used the referal program to bring friends into the game and get that BOFF.

That is our unique item and sorry but you do not get it.
    edited October 2011
    ChrisWorth wrote:
    That is our unique item and sorry but you do not get it.

sorry but you don't get to decide that. :rolleyes:

I didn't even want the holo-BOFF until you said I couldn't have it. Now I want it.
    edited October 2011
    Powerhelm wrote: »

As both a person with the BOFF and a blue name although I refuse to turn it on, this is a stupid suggestion as said before.

So what would someone who already earned it get?

Your suggestion would be better if you just said a special Bridge Officer as in a brand new one not even in the game yet.
    edited October 2011

So you are taking my (6 va's, 2 lg1's, cap1) = 2250 emblems and give me a BO, a BO ????
    I have more BO's than I can use, my inbox is filled with BO's, breen, reman, Borg (not in inbox), ect
    edited October 2011

Noooooo....Since all gear, ships and who knows what else is going to be obtained with Dilithium, I would rather have the 250 emblem equivelent in Dilithium.
    Just IMOPHO...
    I've got more stupid purple BOs that I know what to do with now.
    And they're already trained and slotted according to my wishes.
    Not trying to be nasty...but that's a really stupid idea, sir.
    edited October 2011
    Noooooo....Since all gear, ships and who knows what else is going to be obtained with Dilithium, I would rather have the 250 emblem equivelent in Dilithium.
    Just IMOPHO...
    I've got more stupid purple BOs that I know what to do with now.
    And they're already trained and slotted according to my wishes.
    Not trying to be nasty...but that's a really stupid idea, sir.

I agree with this. We don't need any more stinking BOffs. Unless you give it every single trait (SUPERIOR version, mind you) and has all of their ability slots filled with useful tier 3s, any BOff will not equate to the 250 emblems that we have lost. Just give us the equivalent in Dilithium, level gate it, and Bob's your uncle.
    edited October 2011
    Should get the dilithium equivalent of the 250 emblems.

How much dilithium does it cost to buy a MK XI itemon tribble? On holodeck it costs 35 emblems for one MK XI phaserbank, so it shoul be easy to calculate the amount of dilithium per emblem....
    edited October 2011
    SatansHell wrote: »
    Should get the dilithium equivalent of the 250 emblems.

How much dilithium does it cost to buy a MK XI itemon tribble? On holodeck it costs 35 emblems for one MK XI phaserbank, so it shoul be easy to calculate the amount of dilithium per emblem....

Could be largely irrelevant since they have MKXII gear represented with the STF set vendors. Unless they expect MKXII gear only to come from STFs then your MKXI Phaser bank is obsolete. Let the arms race for the new MKXI super gear sets begin... complete with Cryptic pricing them high enough that people are further encouraged to buy currency to get them or spend weeks farming for it.

A.K.A What happened when the initial MKX gear was launched.