test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

DS9 Changes

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
I like the changes which have been made to DS9. I do not know if this was the intention, but my first reaction was that I was seeing it at night and before I had only seen it during the day.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I think they've added atmospheric changes,lights,shadows and extra pieces...I love it :)
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I'm prety disapointet by the changes. No doubt, it looks better then before. But still, the biggest issue about it, the sclae, is untouched.
    Thats what made DS9 suck (and I'm not speaking of the oversized exterior).

The only really positive thing is Captain Siskos (former) office...

I mean they now HAVE the tech for better sized interious, just look at the TOS interior.
    And if the argument is "Well the ship interiors have to be sized for one or two players, interiors like DS9 for far more", well, DS9 IS ALREADY much bigger then the TOS-sets. I dont see any point for the wrong scale.

Also a lot of details are still missing, like the second exit to the promenade in Quarks ect.

So really, I did expect a lot more from the big DS9 rework that is promised for so long now.

But well, I'm getting used to getting disapointet by Cryptic.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Maybe my expectations were a bit too high, but I was a bit dissapointed.
    New deco is nice and all, but it's the same flawed model and geometry as before. Inside and out, same out of whack scale.
    Is there any chance we will get a proper IP conform DS9 ever?

On the plus side: Sisko's office is finally open!!!!!
    Now put a minigame there you can play when sitting in the chair. :D