test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Copy Chars from Tribble to Holodeck

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Hi!

Just got an idea, as we need to level on Tribble, what about an option to copy this chars to Holodeck later?

Discuss! :)

Lt. 2. Joined-Trill-Tribble-TOS-Captain
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    This was suggested earlier. The conclusion was no.

Tribble has leveling speed boosted, so you are leveling a lot faster than you would in holodeck. Plus we are testing, and testing can mean there are things we can exploit, which can give us more stuff and level us up faster... So not exactly fair to be able to copy stuff over.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Sardoc wrote:
    This was suggested earlier. The conclusion was no.

Ok, it just came in my mind 'cause I have already 7 chars an leveling gets boring. ;)
    Sardoc wrote:
    Tribble has leveling speed boosted, so you are leveling a lot faster than you would in holodeck.

I would see this as an additional reward.
    Sardoc wrote:
    Plus we are testing, and testing can mean there are things we can exploit, which can give us more stuff and level us up faster... So not exactly fair to be able to copy stuff over.

Ok, that's a reason. Never mind, was just an idea. But, I love my new char on Tribble... :)

Thx.
    TE
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I Feel your pain...

Good news: Picked up a Rare 'Efficient' Saurian Engineer BO
    Bad news: Its stuck on Tribble...

Still, Tribble is a 'Beta Test' and characters developed there can gain a significant DOff & Dilithium advantage over the rest of the Holodeck population... As if we don't have enough 'unfair' thread topics in the rest of the STO forums...
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    What? Tribble was like that when it originally was brought online. 500 plus days ago. Like Grouchy said, Tribble is a 'Beta Test' server, from time to time they will clean it off and test new things. This time they wanted us to test the new leveling system. So the wipe out all my chars.