test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Can we get featured episodes back?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
I do like the new way the episode missions are organized, it really helps me get all the story of STO. My only gripe is the featured episodes being tied with it. Granted the Devidian series you get pretty early, but I am at Commander 9 and still can not do the Breen set. New episodes to continue the main story line I am fine with leaving on the current system, but can we get the Featured Episodes back to where I can do them at any rank?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I do like the new way the episode missions are organized, it really helps me get all the story of STO. My only gripe is the featured episodes being tied with it. Granted the Devidian series you get pretty early, but I am at Commander 9 and still can not do the Breen set. New episodes to continue the main story line I am fine with leaving on the current system, but can we get the Featured Episodes back to where I can do them at any rank?

I think the Breen missions come after the Borg missions now. Probably to prevent people from getting the set at any rank. :(
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    But wasn't the whole point of adding the Breen set to make an equipment set available for the lower levels?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    And with most of the series equipment not scaling with us anymore then it shouldn't matter when we do them.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Wait. The Reman shield is now a leveled reward? :(
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    And with most of the series equipment not scaling with us anymore then it shouldn't matter when we do them.

The AP rifle from the Devidian series still scales. And the rewards for the now sequenced storyline missions never did in the first place. :)
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Presticus wrote: »
    Wait. The Reman shield is now a leveled reward? :(

I thought it always was?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I wouldn't mind at all if the FE's were episodic like the new story mission setup is, but I don't see why they're tied into the natural progression. Seems like an odd choice to me.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Tuskin wrote:
    I thought it always was?
    I mean, if I go back and replay Coliseum at Captain level will the shield reward still be a Commander piece of equipment.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Presticus wrote: »
    I mean, if I go back and replay Coliseum at Captain level will the shield reward still be a Commander piece of equipment.

Probably not.... ;)
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Jexsam wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind at all if the FE's were episodic like the new story mission setup is, but I don't see why they're tied into the natural progression. Seems like an odd choice to me.

This is probably my biggest objection to them including the FEs into the mission chain. I can understand (to some degree) them level-banding them, but I've always felt they worked well as optional side-stories, little interludes in the larger plot. The mission pre-requisite as a whole is something I think needs to be rethought, but that may be for another thread.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    This is probably my biggest objection to them including the FEs into the mission chain. I can understand (to some degree) them level-banding them, but I've always felt they worked well as optional side-stories, little interludes in the larger plot. The mission pre-requisite as a whole is something I think needs to be rethought, but that may be for another thread.

I agree with this as well. FE's should NOT be level-banded. I really wish the devs would offer us more level-banded missions as a major content update, and to add to the overall mission count while continuing the storylines started in a given sector (true way, augments, etc), but once again, featured episodes should not be included.