test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Achievement-Based Fleet?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,018 Arc User
edited September 2011 in Earth Spacedock
Around April of last year, I posted a request for a fleet that focused on skill and achievements and was met with very disappointing response. I've recently become a bit more active than I had been previously, and interested in finishing off some of the more difficult achievements/accolades in the game, so I started poking around again for fleets that might meet my needs. Unfortunately, everything I've found so far is super casual, will invite anyone no matter how terrible they are (yes, I realize how elitist I sound), happy-fun-times socialization and blah blah. And it's all the same thing, over and over and over again, with very little variation.

What I'm looking for is a fleet that, at least once a week, gets together to do something FA/STF/Accolade/etc oriented and does it in at least a semi-efficient manner. I'm looking for a fleet that, when they do get together to run events, aren't being constantly bogged down by terrible players that don't listen to instructions.

I'm fully aware that STO is more of a casual game, as are all of Cryptic's games to date. But with new STF/accolade rewards coming in soon, as well as a new STF, and floods of new players, the future of STO's endgame is looking bright and full of interesting things to do.

To sum it up, the fleet I'm looking for should:
  • Discuss game-related things in Fleet chat (such as builds or weapon load-outs)
  • Run achievement-oriented events at least once a week
  • Not be RP-focused
  • Require their members to meet basic standards regarding play skill

Such a fleet probably doesn't exist, so if you're looking for something similar, please post here. If we get enough interest, perhaps I'll finally just break down and make one, myself.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    High Myrianne
    Looks like you are on the right track for getting the kind of fleet you want for yourself. So when you have three more like minded people call on me and I will be your fifth person so you can get your fleet set up that is just some of the things I do as a Mercenary.
    I may be willing to run with you some times also but I do not do meetings it tends to cut into my game time.
    edited September 2011
    Pmed you. :D
    edited September 2011
    Pmed you. :D

Thanks for the PM, and thanks for not just sending me some cut-and-pasted blurb that's completely irrelevant to what I'm looking for. I will check out your site and get back to you soon.
    edited September 2011
    I am currently sitting on the maximum accolades in the game, how did I do it? with the support of my fleet!

RP- we have a few guys that are into that, the vast majority of the fleet are not. (not my cup of tea)

Fleet-chat about builds, all the time and we have some very hardend PVP'ers on every day.

Fleet actions are run every two to three days, STF's daily,

Our fleet does accept people who have only just started playing the game, and would certaily not meet any standards, that said we have the depth of experience to guide them into becoming great players. All we ask is they return the favor some day to some one else.

To give you an idea, we broke the CE in under 2 mins the other night for fun, we have spent nights farming the Gekli feeding grounds so everyone could get thier accolade.

Sounds too good to be true? only one way to find out.

www.ausmonauts.com
    edited September 2011
    JJ_McQuade wrote:
    I am currently sitting on the maximum accolades in the game, how did I do it? with the support of my fleet!

RP- we have a few guys that are into that, the vast majority of the fleet are not. (not my cup of tea)

Fleet-chat about builds, all the time and we have some very hardend PVP'ers on every day.

Fleet actions are run every two to three days, STF's daily,

Our fleet does accept people who have only just started playing the game, and would certaily not meet any standards, that said we have the depth of experience to guide them into becoming great players. All we ask is they return the favor some day to some one else.

To give you an idea, we broke the CE in under 2 mins the other night for fun, we have spent nights farming the Gekli feeding grounds so everyone could get thier accolade.

Sounds too good to be true? only one way to find out.

www.ausmonauts.com

While this does indeed sound very promising, I'm afraid that as a PST (GMT-7) player, our time schedules probably wouldn't mesh at all.
    edited September 2011
    So when are you moving to Oz? :D

I did not see any mention of a time zone in your original post.
    edited September 2011
    ok so let me get right down to it.

To sum it up, the fleet I'm looking for should:
    •Discuss game-related things in Fleet chat (such as builds or weapon load-outs)
    Answer: We have forums that discuss this very thing. In fact we have an intire Division that is devoted to it.

•Run achievement-oriented events at least once a week
    We do this this and even more, we have our own medals and rewards. We even have a system of ranks that represents your standing in the fleet.

•Not be RP-focused
    We have a Division for this as well and if you don't want to have any part of it thats your call.

•Require their members to meet basic standards regarding play skill
    This is probable the best part of our Fleet. Before I joined I was set up in a PUG STF, talk about chaotic it was like the blind leading the blind and we had just started. Then we got a 12th fleet player that just happened to come by when we lost a guy and went for help. He knew the mission, he knew the tactics, he just flat out knew how to win. We went from a blind free for all to working together and actually beating the mission.

Now people can say what they want about large fleets but these people know what they are doing and it was the best choice I ever made when I joined. Honestly I would probable not even be playing anymore if not for the 12th Fleet!

Time zone problems? We have dedicated UK and US players all around!
    edited September 2011
    JJ_McQuade wrote:
    So when are you moving to Oz? :D

I did not see any mention of a time zone in your original post.

I did live in NZ for a little while! But yeah, I guess I forgot about the timezone thing, sorry about that. :(

Stone_Loki: Thanks for the reply. I'd seen 12th Fleet's postings here on the boards already and it seemed to fall into more of the casual play I was talking about trying to avoid, but on your recommendation, I will take another look.
    edited September 2011
    Such a fleet probably doesn't exist, so if you're looking for something similar, please post here. If we get enough interest, perhaps I'll finally just break down and make one, myself.[/QUOTE]
    Well I was responding to this part of your measage
    Good Luck on your quest
    edited September 2011
    Myrianne wrote:
    I did live in NZ for a little while! But yeah, I guess I forgot about the timezone thing, sorry about that. :(

Stone_Loki: Thanks for the reply. I'd seen 12th Fleet's postings here on the boards already and it seemed to fall into more of the casual play I was talking about trying to avoid, but on your recommendation, I will take another look.

Some of us are casual players, and we have many elite players that do nothing but find ways to domoinate pvp pve stf's and everything else the game has to offer.

I have fallen more into the role of an RP leader but before that happened I was following some of the best plsyers I have ever seen into the STF's and it was like a cake walk lol. After I completed infected for the first time with this group I went on to lead my own team of newbies and we ended up losing one just before Rebecca and we still cleared it. Granted I had a good team that listened to the knowledge I had gained from a group of players that consider it their job to learn every way to do what they do.
    edited September 2011
    Stone_Loki wrote:
    Some of us are casual players, and we have many elite players that do nothing but find ways to domoinate pvp pve stf's and everything else the game has to offer.

I have fallen more into the role of an RP leader but before that happened I was following some of the best plsyers I have ever seen into the STF's and it was like a cake walk lol. After I completed infected for the first time with this group I went on to lead my own team of newbies and we ended up losing one just before Rebecca and we still cleared it. Granted I had a good team that listened to the knowledge I had gained from a group of players that consider it their job to learn every way to do what they do.

Is there a night coming up soon when you guys get together, where I can tag along and get a chance to meet and play with the fleet?
    edited September 2011
    Myrianne wrote:
    Is there a night coming up soon when you guys get together, where I can tag along and get a chance to meet and play with the fleet?

Hey Myrianne I am going to turn you over to one of those expert players I was telling you about No Mercy and I'll have him PM you in game and he can set you up with a time and place ok.