test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Other Factions

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Besides the current two factions (Federation and Klingons) I would someday like to see other playable factions such as the:

- Romulan Star Empire
- Dominion
- Cardassian Union
- Borg Collective
- Undine

In addition to this I would like to see other non-playable factions, in order to expand our gaming universe. The primary idea with non-playable factions would include feature series episodes as well as other additional exploration and diplomatic type missions.

Non-playable factions should include some of the more important factions within the Star Trek universe. Of course these non-playable factions have had contact with both the Federation and the Klingon Empire. These non-playable factions would include:

- Gorn Hegemony (additional missions primarily for KDF, but I'm open to the idea of Starfleet too)
- Ferengi Alliance
- Tholian Assembly
- Breen Confederacy (additional missions for both Starfleet & KDF)
- Talarian Republic
- Tzenkethi Coalition
- Sheliak Corporate
- The Children of Tama (Tamarians)
- Iconions
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    it's been stated many times that once the Klingon side of things has been improved to the point of being a complete faction, the Romulans would be the number 1 contender for the third playable faction.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    *Throws Rofabius in a drum then rolls it down a hill*

People people people.... for everytime you "forget" to put the Undine on your future player factions and "forget" to place it above the Spoon heads I might add... a Vulcan dies.

So... Vote Undine... or else

Anyway... My list of future factions :O

3rd) Romulan
    4th) Undine. "cheers"
    5th) Spoon heads/Dominion
    6th) Terran Empire/Ferengi Alliance/Borg ???

Then for mini factions :P (idea made by Nagus awhile ago - go look it up)

Breen Confederacy ( I want to run around in a cool suit with a epic helmet that makes noises when you use the voice chat)
    Tholian Assembly ( What would be more fun than running around as a giant spider ? :D ... other than running around as a Undine of course)
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    The Undine and Borg are the galactic badguys that everyone hates, can not really picture these as player factions since the story and STFs seem so focused on them.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    *Throws Rofabius in a drum then rolls it down a hill*

People people people.... for everytime you "forget" to put the Undine on your future player factions and "forget" to place it above the Spoon heads I might add... a Vulcan dies.

So... Vote Undine... or else

Anyway... My list of future factions :O

3rd) Romulan
    4th) Undine. "cheers"
    5th) Spoon heads/Dominion
    6th) Terran Empire/Ferengi Alliance/Borg ???

Then for mini factions :P (idea made by Nagus awhile ago - go look it up)

Breen Confederacy ( I want to run around in a cool suit with a epic helmet that makes noises when you use the voice chat)
    Tholian Assembly ( What would be more fun than running around as a giant spider ? :D ... other than running around as a Undine of course)

I agree with everything except the Borg. They should never be playable. Only as PVP maybe.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Igax wrote: »
    The Undine and Borg are the galactic badguys that everyone hates, can not really picture these as player factions since the story and STFs seem so focused on them.

Meh the Undine will be kicked aside by the Iconions... as for the borg...maybe your right... as for the STF's storys.. they could be remade so its told from the Undine's Pov

Terradome = Retake the Terradome from the Bipedal Scum.. Boss can be Sulu.

Infected = Kill the borg/starfleet/KDF scum on starbase 82. Boss can be someone with rocket boots.

Cure = Replace the assimilated klinks with assimilated undine... keep the same plot... change the big badass borg king to a big badass assimilated Undine and walaa + kill the borg/kdf and starfleet scum.

KA = uhmmm... follow the borg back in time to the Borg-Undine war 2373/4 and stop them from sharing their assimilation secrets with the old borg + kill the borg scum.... and voyager if the chance arrives...

hmm and the Boss can be... 8 borg cubes smelted together to make a super doper tactical fusion cube... of death
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    It's been almost 2 years and they haven't even finished the Klingons yet. Actually, they pretty much just threw in the towel and gave up (klingons will soon unlock at level 25).
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    It's been almost 2 years and they haven't even finished the Klingons yet. Actually, they pretty much just threw in the towel and gave up (klingons will soon unlock at level 25).

they have said they are going to add a massive update to the klingons later to fill out the whole faction and put those 25 odd levels back in. its the clearest indication they want to balance the factions. before they would only give vague hints about improving them.

so unless people believe that just a lie (and until they do add it i guess many will see it as that) then they have not given up on them.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    I share your fears about having the Borg and Undine becoming way to powerful. However, I'm sure the tech guys and gals at Cryptic can use their creative minds to figure out some sort of solution to make things fair.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    id love to play as Cardassian (my fave villians) or for ***** and giggles id love (and would gladly pay for) an expansion pack for STO set in the TOS universe, i think that would look amazing.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Rofabius wrote: »
    I share your fears about having the Borg and Undine become way to powerful. However, I'm sure the tech guys and gals at Cryptic can use their creative minds to figure out some sort of solution to make things fair.

lol no problem with the undine :d

not sure how they would make a borg cube... player-wise :O
  • Options
    edited September 2011

Well, it's been 45 years and the Klingons have never once had their own movie or series episode. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Pyryck wrote:
    Well, it's been 45 years and the Klingons have never once had their own movie or series episode. :rolleyes:
    No one wants to watch people who chew with the mouths open on screen for continuous 44 minutes. :)
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Cosmic_One wrote: »
    No one wants to watch people who chew with the mouths open on screen for continuous 44 minutes. :)

You seem to have forgotten the headbutt part :p

Btw:It seems this is another successfully kling-jacked thread ;)
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Cosmic_One wrote: »

whats the difference to the cooking shows flooding TV nowadays :D
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    laz1985 wrote: »
    id love to play as Cardassian (my fave villians) or for ***** and giggles id love (and would gladly pay for) an expansion pack for STO set in the TOS universe, i think that would look amazing.

I also love the Cardassians. With the current storyline the way it is. I believe that when they release the Cardassian expansion pack players should be given the option of either being a:

- Captain in Cardassian Civil Defense Force (CCDF)

or

- Captain in the True Way forces

The general storyline for both captains is to stop the other force.