test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

45th Anniversary

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Today marks the 45th anniversary of Star Trek. I know everyone is very hyped up over the F2P announcement, but this is something to celebrate. I would like to also point out that soon there will be some server down time. Perhaps the Devs have something special planned for today that they've been a little quiet about? They did say a while back that they had something planned for the 45th anniversary. I will be a little disappointed if this is another thing they have dropped the ball on. But only time will tell!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I bet it is a brand new fully developed kdf faction.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    jam062307 wrote: »
    Today marks the 45th anniversary of Star Trek. I know everyone is very hyped up over the F2P announcement, but this is something to celebrate.

Happy anniversary.
    I would like to also point out that soon there will be some server down time. Perhaps the Devs have something special planned for today that they've been a little quiet about? They did say a while back that they had something planned for the 45th anniversary. I will be a little disappointed if this is another thing they have dropped the ball on. But only time will tell!

Maybe. We'll see in a few hours. But I'm not holding my breath. The transition took them way off schedule on most everything.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Well if using the imagination, then maybe there will be new missions where you go through the various eras starting from Enterprise up to Voyager/Nemesis and have to complete a seris of missions connected to preserving the time line. Maybe, could be something completely different or nothing at all, could merely be bug fixes.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Happy Anniversary.

I think he originally said there would be something for the anniversary then mentioned that the FE series would be running about now, but that then got pushed back, so honestly im not expecting anything to happen, but there still is an outside chance, so who knows.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Yeah, something would be cool. Wouldn't have to be anything huge, maybe a party at ESD/Qonos and some annoying fire works. Perhaps a grey haired tribble.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    The event is waiting iota for 5 hous waiting for the Borg to invade once
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Double post ...
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Star Trek: Boldly going where we've all wanted to go for 45 years.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Maybe a bunch of us could do something, like maybe a ship line up of the varying generations as well as pictures and doing our own 45th anniversary tribute.

If people are willing to work together to coordinate that kind of thing.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Maybe nsom ething special today that is why we have the patch today... yum yum yum
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Reina wrote: »
    Maybe a bunch of us could do something, like maybe a ship line up of the varying generations as well as pictures and doing our own 45th anniversary tribute.

I'm down. Contact me when the server is back up. I'll undock my Constitution Refit.
  • Options
    edited September 2011

people? working together? for a common good? what do you think this is, star trek or something?

:D
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    people? working together? for a common good? what do you think this is, star trek or something?

:D

Nah I think he is confussing nus with the Collective (Borgs) :eek::D
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Well we would need a NX class, a Constition both original and refit, also the Excelsior class as well as her refit version, a Galaxy class, a Sovereign class, a Defiant class and an Intrepid class. If the camera is angled just right then names won't be seen, only the ships themselves, and the formation could be a close one that shows the eras.

It would require some careful control to make sure that each ship is in position, then for each person to take about one or two pictures and submit them in this site for everyone to see.
    Could do it in orbit of Earth as well.

If someone wants to and is able to, words could be added in the form of - 45 years of Star Trek. From the fans we say this ~ Thank you!

And it's she, not he.
  • Options
    edited September 2011

If someone wants to and is able to, words could be added in the form of - 45 years of Star Trek. From the fans we say this ~ Thank you!

Let's do it. Glad to help! Won't be able to be on until at least 7pm EST.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Then that gives time to plan and coordinate. I'll appear ingame with my main character, Reina Beaumont, if anyone who wishes to do the tribute with the ships required then meet me there and we can get it all into gear there.
    I won't be in the picture though since my main's ship is a Prometheus class, I'll just coordinate.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Then that gives time to plan and coordinate. I'll appear ingame with my main character, Reina Beaumont, if anyone who wishes to do the tribute with the ships required then meet me there and we can get it all into gear there.
    I won't be in the picture though since my main's ship is a Prometheus class, I'll just coordinate.

Awesome! We'll rally the TOS Veterans to break out the Connies!
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Just one of each ship will be needed - NX Class, Constitution - original and refit, Galaxy class, Sovereign, Defiant and Intrepid.

If the two Excelsior class designs are possible then those are very welcome. If possible the formation could be in the Starfleet symbol, though that could be tricky.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Just one of each ship will be needed - NX Class, Constitution - original and refit, Galaxy class, Sovereign, Defiant and Intrepid.

If the two Excelsior class designs are possible then those are very welcome. If possible the formation could be in the Starfleet symbol, though that could be tricky.

Sounds good Reina.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    If there are plenty of people with those ships who are willing to work together to make it possible. Pity we couldn't send the picture to CBS and Paramount as a big thank you to them for Star Trek's existing to this day.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Happy Anniversay I've been a fan since 1965 here's to you (raises glass) To the journey
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Happy Birthday STAR TREK!
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    I happy Gene isn't around to see STO, I bet he'd be dissapointed. :rolleyes:

Happy Birthday Star Trek! 45 years and counting !!!:D
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Great job on changing my life, giving me fond memories of awesome characters, series, films - nay, an entire awesome universe - and for making me a hard-headed sci-fi geek, Star Trek :rolleyes: :p
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Happy Birthday Star Trek..Looking forward to the next 45 years!