test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Female Sprint Without Rifle

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,018 Arc User
The female sprint without a rifle (bare-handed or with a pistol) looks RIDICULOUS. My character's hands are flailing all over the place. It looks almost like the "cute" stance (or whichever one)'s hands somehow got transplanted on to the sprint animation.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Huh, did they change it again? If not, there's plenty of threads already on the subject. Just saying.
    edited August 2011
    Felderburg wrote: »
    The female sprint without a rifle (bare-handed or with a pistol) looks RIDICULOUS. My character's hands are flailing all over the place. It looks almost like the "cute" stance (or whichever one)'s hands somehow got transplanted on to the sprint animation.

Yeah it really just looks out of place, especially on characters like Klingons.
    edited August 2011
    When my wife logged in to play her toon and saw this, she went "Oh. My. GAWD."

She calls it the "I Hate You Daddy" run. :rolleyes:
    edited August 2011
    Huh, did they change it again? If not, there's plenty of threads already on the subject. Just saying.

It looks changed to me. I searched for threads, didn't see any.
    Quark_Kent wrote: »
    When my wife logged in the play her toon and saw this, she went "Oh. My. GAWD."

She calls it the "I Hate You Daddy" run. :rolleyes:

Ha! That describes it perfectly!
    edited August 2011
    Nah, my toon looks like she is running like a TRIBBLE in the special olympics...

Please note, I have nothing against said special olympians, I meerly said my toon looks like them running!
    edited September 2011
    Seriously, they need to roll this back. As it is it's just ****ing offensive. To our characters, to women, to people who have three functioning braincells.
    edited September 2011
    My female character literally runs like a girl. Not a realistic depiction of a female running, but she runs like someone mocking someone for "running like a girl."

OP is not crazy.
    edited September 2011
    Someone must have been watching cutesy animes or 5 year olds running before coming up with this run animation. It looks soooo very wrong.:eek:
    edited September 2011
    Personally, I like it! However I realize it's not for every character. I'd like to see an animations page where we can choose from the one's we've seen in the game so far (and eventually, new ones). If you like the idea of selectable animations, please support my animations page thread linked in my signature.
    edited September 2011
    Its also known as the Forrest Gump run. xD
    edited September 2011
    Someone must have been watching cutesy animes or 5 year olds running before coming up with this run animation. It looks soooo very wrong.:eek:

You're not the only one to make that comparison. It does look like the run from an anime.

I'd also be in favor of letting us choose our sprint and walk animations. We already have much greater freedom in designing our avatars, it's one thing Cryptic does very well.
    edited September 2011
    Having a choice for animations sounds cool but is it technically feasible? Moreover, that might reignite discussions concerning BoP and Intrepid warp animations (whether they're compulsory or optional). :confused:

Btw, I liked the previous female animation better but I'm eternally glad that the horrible crouching-low-running animation from last year is nowhere from being resurrected. ;):D
    edited September 2011
    Doblinian wrote: »
    Having a choice for animations sounds cool but is it technically feasible? Moreover, that might reignite discussions concerning BoP and Intrepid warp animations (whether they're compulsory or optional). :confused:

Btw, I liked the previous female animation better but I'm eternally glad that the horrible crouching-low-running animation from last year is nowhere from being resurrected. ;):D

There are animation options in Champions Online, even though youre kinda stuck with them. If you choose any of the poses besides vixen you get a walking animation sorta like the Diaper Walk... vixen pose has a girly walk, but its less macho-looking than what we have.
    edited September 2011
    Give us back the old run. If you're very, very, very attached to it Cryptic then figure out an animation screen where we can toggle it on and off. But until then, put it back the way it was. It's offensive, really.
    edited September 2011
    If Cryptic is going to make multiple run animations they should tie them to the stances we choose in the Tailor. Then we'll have a run that matches the personality we pick for our characters.

Z
    edited September 2011
    /agree in that the run-animation should match stance. I would describe the current run as dainty.
    edited September 2011
    Honestly the more I see of it, the less it makes me want to kill things. I've even grown to not despise the walk, too.

I'd still love a less silly improvement, though.
    edited September 2011
    It does look rediculous. I always pull out my rifle now to hide the run even on a space dock. I don't see what the problem was with the earlier animation? I thought it looked quite accurate.

It definitely reminds me of the 'cute' stance style. Overly exaggerated style that looks very cartoonish.
    edited September 2011
    It's improved from the generic run, so I'm not trying to say it is stupid, but it seems to fit only one or two stances.
    edited September 2011
    No word to the new run and walk animation:mad:.
    Just please dont bind possible future run and walk animations on the stances,
    otherwise we will have a compareable discussion like now,
    would be avoidable:rolleyes:.