test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Referral Reward

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,018 Arc User
So I did this referral thing, the reffered account got set up as a subscriber and all that jazz. But the referral page just says "offered." Whats going on?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I would suggest contacting our customer service department for additional help on this one.

Thanks,

Stormshade
    edited August 2011
    Did they use the key provided in the email to initially setup?
    edited August 2011
    Aisling wrote:
    So I did this referral thing, the reffered account got set up as a subscriber and all that jazz. But the referral page just says "offered." Whats going on?

Have they been billed for their first month, I know to get my Holo boff they had too.
    edited August 2011
    The status should have changed to accepted if they registered through the email properly, and then to Redeemed when they used the key provided in the email.
    edited August 2011
    They just put in the cdkey from the box, so its not been billed yet.
    edited August 2011
    Right, they have to use the key from the referral email first to link them to you.

That changes the status for the referral to Accepted, and changes the Key to Redeemed on your referrals page.

Then they can then input their retail key if they already bought it, and their status will changed to billed and you will get your referral reward when they are billed for the first time.

If they didnt use the referral key, then that was not set in motion and you would need to contact customer service.

I have done 3 referrals so far.
    edited August 2011
    Should get the photonic tribble. Might take awhile for your account to register that it has happened.
    edited August 2011
    Had the same thing happen to my buddy he used the link in the mail (that redirects you to a sign up) but it doesn't say you have to put in the key... "since the key, "is the link" so it didn't work

His buddy key couldn't be added anymore after the CD key is already activated... to bad because it is really poorly explained & you just easily miss the fact that even do the buddy key is the sing-up-link when you have finished sinning-up/creating you're account... your friend has done this... you have to put the key in, "again", "manually" for it to count/work/be-activated, before you put in a CD KEY... I know frustrating.
    edited August 2011
    Right, they have to use the key from the referral email first to link them to you.

That changes the status for the referral to Accepted, and changes the Key to Redeemed on your referrals page.

Then they can then input their retail key if they already bought it, and their status will changed to billed and you will get your referral reward when they are billed for the first time.

If they didnt use the referral key, then that was not set in motion and you would need to contact customer service.

I have done 3 referrals so far.

No I meant that they had used the key from the email and then the cd key was added.
    edited August 2011
    Aisling wrote:
    No I meant that they had used the key from the email and then the cd key was added.

once their status changes to Billed you will get your Tribble and holo boff.
    edited August 2011
    Kanharn wrote: »
    once their status changes to Billed you will get your Tribble and holo boff.

Anyone know how long does it take to move from upgraded to billed status once a person has paid? I just had my referal pay for his next 30 days and my status is still upgraded.
    edited August 2011
    I'm in a similar situation. The guy I referred has had a lifetime subscription for a few months now, and I've got the holo tribble but not the bridge officer.
    edited August 2011
    Kingdox wrote: »
    Anyone know how long does it take to move from upgraded to billed status once a person has paid? I just had my referal pay for his next 30 days and my status is still upgraded.

Once his free days run out I think.
    edited August 2011
    I got my stuff.

My referral was actually a re-sub that quit after the first 30 days. They signed up for another 30 finally and I just got my holo Boff. It looks like the delay is the credit card company getting the charge from Cryptic so the change isn't instant like you might expect.
    edited September 2011
    Referral program worked fine for me, no bugs or problems or delays.
    edited September 2011
    question on the status.

what is Upgraded mean? I sent out a few, some where accepted one still Offered and one recently is upgraded. Im guessing it means that they got the game but have yet to pay for a month?

*edit* well I was able to get the holo tribble =)
    edited September 2011
    opzulu wrote: »
    question on the status.

what is Upgraded mean? I sent out a few, some where accepted one still Offered and one recently is upgraded. Im guessing it means that they got the game but have yet to pay for a month?

correct, they are still on the free time.
    edited September 2011
    with the game going F2P will that mean I cant get the holo BO?
    edited September 2011
    opzulu wrote: »
    with the game going F2P will that mean I cant get the holo BO?

No. Subscribed game play and Referral Program should be unchanged and unaffected. The instant that one of your referrals pays real money you get your Holographic BO. Real money meaning that actually pay for a month or more after the 30 day free time or they redeemed a game time card.
    edited September 2011
    i been doing some reading, this clears things up too. It looks like they will have free and "premium" accounts. while I might not get the holo bo any time soon with it going F2P I still might get it if he/she (most likely he) ever does decide to pay. how much time comes with the game 1 month free?
    edited September 2011
    I never did get my tribble... the CS people said it was the persons fault for not reading the instructions and they wouldn't fix it. Which there weren't properly worded. It just said to follow the link, nothing about copying the code into the website form.

I might try to find someone else to do this with after I am done feeling disgusted.
    edited September 2011
    Aye, I have this problem, I have referred a few friends, but so far I have yet to get the Holo BOff, but I do have the tribble (which is not really useful)
    edited September 2011
    Aye, I have this problem, I have referred a few friends, but so far I have yet to get the Holo BOff, but I do have the tribble (which is not really useful)

You do know you have to go to the C store and claim it under "special unlocks", right?
    edited September 2011
    The holo BO is only if they buy the game AND buy time.

you can check the status in your account thing. try going to the slash page, not the forums, and then go to the account and check referral program...
    edited September 2011
    Aisling wrote:
    I never did get my tribble... the CS people said it was the persons fault for not reading the instructions and they wouldn't fix it. Which there weren't properly worded. It just said to follow the link, nothing about copying the code into the website form.

I might try to find someone else to do this with after I am done feeling disgusted.

well the point is they get the key from you, and have to use the same email and the same code when they sign up for the game. otherwise I could say hey, this guy got my key and I deserve a holo bo, no I dont have proof he did it, but I want the holo BO now.

they cant do anything for you, sorry.
    edited September 2011
    It wasnt the holo BO, it was the tribble... but whatever. I just want them to change the input page so that it says they have to copy and paste the key so ther people don't get cheated out of their referral rewards.