test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

More Pay To Win Ships Plz

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,018 Arc User
I would love to see more pay to win ships added to the game especially at tier 5 this would be awesome. Ignore all the whiners and give us who are willing to pay extra what we really want more power.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I would love to see more pay to win ships added to the game especially at tier 5 this would be awesome. Ignore all the whiners and give us who are willing to pay extra what we really want more power.

Yeah, and then I'll get my refund, other players leave, potential new players stay away and you and the few hundred left can enjoy paying $100's for new item sets. It's happened before.

Of course if the suport is far greater for what you want and Cryptic follow this route, I'll shut up and take my money with me.

Edit: also please present a valid arguement as to why this would be awesome and in the best interests fo the game.

Second Edit: before you try this, I don't mean valid as in agree with me, but holds up to scrutiny.
    edited August 2011
    Trying to start a fire?
    edited August 2011
    Brigadoom wrote:
    Trying to start a fire?

Not at all Im serious I will pay for more awesome ships.
    edited August 2011

so... you couldn't say this in the other threads.... why?
    edited August 2011

Other Threads are on the completely opposite side of the issue.
    edited August 2011
    Since it looks like you don't already know the logic of how this works, I'll teach it to you:

Cryptic releases IMBA Tier 20 ship with 10 fore, 10 aft weapons, and 100 universal console slots for 10000 cpoints.
    20 people (you included) decide to buy it.
    Those who did not buy, cannot compete, they no-longer play.
    You and your 19 other players will be the only ones left playing.
    Since the last remaining players all have the same imba ship, you are at no advantage for the gross amount of points you spent.

See the problem now?
    edited August 2011

No no, let him have this. Let him try to present a reasonable point that hods up to scrutiny. He's got as much right to start a thread as us so long as he's willing accept the posts coming this way.
    edited August 2011
    Well not to dispute my fellow fleet mate but Id love to see new ships and abilities acquired in 3 different ways:

1. C Store
    2. Completing Certain tough missions in the game
    3. Emblems or in game currency.

1 can be for the lazy
    2 and 3 could be for players whod like to play for what they get and earn the ship through playing the game. Just my two cents.

-Tony
    edited August 2011
    Typical display of greed.

No no, let him have this. Let him try to present a reasonable point that hods up to scrutiny. He's got as much right to start a thread as us so long as he's willing accept the posts coming this way.

Frankly I'm not sure it's possible for him to come up with any justification that doesn't spit in the face of game balance or make him look like a greedy little *****, but I concede that he should have the chance to try. Because, unlike OP's idea, it's actually fair.
    Well not to dispute my fellow fleet mate but Id love to see new ships and abilities acquired in 3 different ways:

1. C Store

1 can be for the lazy
    2 and 3 could be for players whod like to play for what they get and earn the ship through playing the game. Just my two cents.

-Tony

Ideally, this. Everything with a game-changing effect should be available in-game somehow. Sadly, this has yet to happen, and despite strides being made towards that goal, they keep making large steps back as well. I hold out hope that this will one day be the case.
    edited August 2011

1. C Store

1 can be for the lazy

-Tony

Perfectly reasonable and I think all C-store ships regardless of tier should be able to be acquired through ingame means approximately a month after release so those who pay get it first
    edited August 2011
    Perfectly reasonable and I think all C-store ships regardless of tier should be able to be acquired through ingame means approximately a month after release so those who pay get it first

in-game means should be prepped before the launch of the item in question.....

Still waiting on those reasons that hold up to scrutiny.... or is this another "i want what i want because i want it" things?
    edited August 2011
    So what happens if/when you, and everyone else willing to buy one, get your awesome T6 Pay To Win ships, and you're suddenly no longer paying for more power, but paying $10 extra simply to maintain the status quo of "balance" and being as powerful as the next guy?
    edited August 2011
    in-game means should be prepped before the launch of the item in question.....

Still waiting on those reasons that hold up to scrutiny.... or is this another "i want what i want because i want it" things?

I would like more ships with unique and special abilities it adds a lot more fun to the game overall. And yes I agree with you on that the ingame means should be ready with the ship to turn on after say 30 days you can buy the ship with emblems or a currency appropriate to the ships level.
    edited August 2011
    Brigadoom wrote:
    So what happens if/when you, and everyone else willing to buy one, get your awesome T6 Pay To Win ships, and you're suddenly no longer paying for more power, but paying $10 extra simply to maintain the status quo of "balance" and being as powerful as the next guy?

Since I am not a PVP player and strictly a PVE player I wouldnt have an issue with this.:D
    edited August 2011
    Other Threads are on the completely opposite side of the issue.

BTW, not all threads on the issue have been against the RI/pay for power, theres a few on your side too, but they've sunk a few pages back.

Still we pay a sub, and can reasonably expect some of that to go towards developing new content, including ships. If Cryptics competitors provide more/better content for the money they recieve, Cryptic, and this game will suffer.

That said, reasonable methods to obtain c-store ships for free similar to the ones we have for most ships now, introduced when the ship first hits the c-store would severely mitigate the opposition to superior c-store ships and is reasonable in a subscription. A month later, they might get away with it but I'd say this would be acceptable in a F2P game.
    edited August 2011
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Community Rules and Policies. ~Stormshade
    edited August 2011

I own all ships short of the Captain's Yaht and the R.I., if they release more balanced ships...they have my money as well.
    edited August 2011
    Since I am not a PVP player and strictly a PVE player I wouldnt have an issue with this.:D

This post doesn't seem at all selfish to you?

I like abilities, and other things. But thats not pay to win. Your post says you want pay-to-win, so justify it and try to sell it to us.
    edited August 2011
    I think Jeff's post was probably intended to be sarcastic.

Anyway the best aspect about the game is the fact there are so many different ways to play it and succeed. Special ships and abilities just supplement it.

I personally think there should be an in game means to earn your ship and the C store way to get it if you dont want or have time to play a lot of insane crazy missions.

I know myself as a player i'd probably buy the ship in the c store but still play the new content. To me with a system like that everyone wins. Also if you use some sort of in game currency then you can buy it by earning that currency in game. The C-Store would be good as well. I think the three ways I talked about would appease everyone and would cut down quite a bit on the complaining

-Tony
    edited August 2011
    QuanManChu wrote:
    I own all ships short of the Captain's Yaht and the R.I., if they release more balanced ships...they have my money as well.

I own all the C-Store items for both factions I like ships with balance as well but I'm not talking about anything grossly overpowered I was using the words of those opposed to ships that have special abilities being in the store. I would love for example an Ambassador Class with a similar boff layout to Excelsior Refit (t-5) and some kinda unique ability with the same 4-4 standard cruiser layout at tier 5. To some people that would be pay to win to me it would be something different and fun to fly and a must have (I love the Ambassador)
    edited August 2011
    Bring on the hybrid F2P model and I'll agree.

As things currently stand, we need more from our subscription fees above all else.
    edited August 2011
    thefrayl wrote: »

As things currently stand, we need more from our subscription fees above all else.

Like I said give people an ingame means to get the ship at 30 days after it hits the store always. You could even cut it to 15 days. And yes thats a 2 week wait for those who dont spend real money but Cryptic is a business and they gotta have some kinda incentive to make people want to spend money on it. Seriously there are many of us who just love to collect starships regardless of tier and would buy em up. And Im not saying they should stop any other content development that would be insane I like everyone else loves new missions.
    edited August 2011

Then I hope cryptic makes every npc ship 50 times harder and bumps the AI to make your shiny paid for ship nothing.
    edited August 2011
    StrykerV wrote:
    Then I hope cryptic makes every npc ship 50 times harder and bumps the AI to make your shiny paid for ship nothing.

Wow see Ive been quite reasonable in my posts that followed thats just not nice :(:rolleyes:
    edited August 2011
    snip

no first names please ;) theres privacy rules that say your not supposed to give out personal info. ;)
    edited August 2011
    Wow see Ive been quite reasonable in my posts that followed thats just not nice :(:rolleyes:

Your thread title seems to have been chosen to incite these sort of response. Anger and angst.
    edited August 2011
    If Cryptic were to release a T6 ship in the C-Store, I would be fine with it if
    the ship was unusable in Que-ed PVP or Fleet Actions. Make it usable in Private PVP matches, PVE & Raids only. Then I wouldn't care. But if the ship is usable in a place where others are competing against you, Be it for a trophy or in a regular PVP match, then I'm against them.
    If Pve'ers want a God Mode ship, let em have it, but keep it away from competitions, unless players choose to fight one.
    edited August 2011
    I think Jeff's post was probably intended to be sarcastic.

Anyway the best aspect about the game is the fact there are so many different ways to play it and succeed. Special ships and abilities just supplement it.

I personally think there should be an in game means to earn your ship and the C store way to get it if you dont want or have time to play a lot of insane crazy missions.

I know myself as a player i'd probably buy the ship in the c store but still play the new content. To me with a system like that everyone wins. Also if you use some sort of in game currency then you can buy it by earning that currency in game. The C-Store would be good as well. I think the three ways I talked about would appease everyone and would cut down quite a bit on the complaining

-Tony

Special ships with unique abilities supplement it if they are balanced. Pay to win harms the game in the long term. You can have special, unique and balanced ships in the c-store, Cryptic have already done that.
    I own all the C-Store items for both factions I like ships with balance as well but I'm not talking about anything grossly overpowered I was using the words of those opposed to ships that have special abilities being in the store. I would love for example an Ambassador Class with a similar boff layout to Excelsior Refit (t-5) and some kinda unique ability with the same 4-4 standard cruiser layout at tier 5. To some people that would be pay to win to me it would be something different and fun to fly and a must have (I love the Ambassador)

I'd be perfectly happy with this if the ship were balanced but different and unique, much like the Excelsior. I'd have no problem with the 30 day wait for an in game method to get it if it was balanced too, probably end up buying it with cash actually, I'm rather fond of the Ambassador class.
    edited August 2011
    thefrayl wrote: »

I agree, and I think a lot of things have been held up because of the transition from Atari to perfect world. I think a few months from now we will see a lot of great changes for the better. I actually wrote an article about this on our fleet website you can read it here:

http://www.starfleetelite.org/blogs/good.html

-Tony
    edited August 2011
    Ha Ha, it's not even anger. Asking for something like this in this way is a NO. PvE is a faceroll already. Are you trying to ask for a cool breeze over the keyboard now? The AI / npc ships in this game are weak, i'd only agree for super shiny powered up ships if the npc's were ridiculously hard to fight with in game ships.
This discussion has been closed.