test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Mmm, Here's Some Sexy Looking Armor...

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited August 2011 in Ten Forward
Yeah, yeah, it's off Memory Gamma but whatever, it's beautiful and only a billion times better looking than all of the terribad metallic spandex armor we're stuck with :eek:

http://memory-gamma.wikia.com/wiki/File:Tacticalarmor.jpg

This armor relates to the pseudo-canon Starfleet Marine Corps (Memory Beta).
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Cavadus wrote:
    Yeah, yeah, it's off Memory Gamma but whatever, it's beautiful and only a billion times better looking than all of the terribad metallic spandex armor we're stuck with :eek:

That is the body armor of the guys from the game HAZE.

http://www.co-optimus.com/images/upload/haze1.jpg

do your research.

and its ugly.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    That is the body armor of the guys from the game HAZE.

Don't care.
    and its ugly.

No, it's not. STO's armor is ugly.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Even any minor changes to the spandex we have in game would be great. I would also like some exoskeletton armor over the uniform, something a little similar to the kits and of course some kind of helmets, but for the begining I would like to have the choice to show my boots over the spandex same as some MPC's on ESD . -Better than nothing!
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Cavadus wrote:
    Don't care.

So you don't care what stuff you post or how relevant it is regarding Star Trek or STO?
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    I would love for the armors to show up with a greater difference, one from anoher.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Do not want.

I'm a starfleet officer, not a military grunt.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Do not want.

I'm a starfleet officer, not a military grunt.

So don't wear it?

No offense but the C-Store is already loaded with stuff for you feel to pretty while you play Dress-Up...
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Cavadus wrote:
    So don't wear it?

No offense but the C-Store is already loaded with stuff for you feel to pretty while you play Dress-Up...

Cavadus, you shouldn't create a thread that begs for the opinions of others and then flatly refuse to consider any opinions different than yours. It really only comes off as childish.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Cavadus wrote:
    So don't wear it?

The suggester amrour looks vulgar. Not at all Trek and is trying too hard to look masculine. Grrr, look at me in my bulky armour!
    No offence, but I believe it is you, not me, who is asking for more ways to visually 'dress-up' your toons. One costume is quite enough for my liking.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Not a female so I wouldn't know if it is sexy for some or all females, but as a guy many adjectives come to mind, but sexy is not one of them. Looks like it would fit as a 21st Century EVA suit instead of regular 25th Century armor.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    From the very first sentence of Memory Gamma's introduction page:

"Memory Gamma (or MG) is the place for all your Star Trek fan fiction sometimes known as fanon. Please contribute whatever you want that's Star Trek!"

The entire site is fan fiction. Anything sourced from it holds about as much water as a Kirk/Spock slashy. i would suggest that if there is content to be added to the game... it is, at best, going to come from Memory Beta, and more likely from Memory Alpha.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Cavadus wrote:

I like it better than the metal skin tight body suits we have in-game now personally. Hopefully CBS will give the OK as ALL content Cryptic adds to STO goes through them for permission.

Ideally, if you could find a hard looking suit that was in any of the TV shows or movies it would be a lot easier for Cryptic to have a chance of adding it.. Fan fiction stuff gets into hazy licensing issues that, from what I have seen, CBS just does not want to deal with (like the no on Kizinti in ST Animated Series as the KDF version of a Caitian since Larry Niven has the rights).

Good luck.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    I just disable the visuals on armor and kits that I don't like.

That and I'd rather not have my character look like somoen out of HALO.

Bleah, HALO.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Exo suits? This is not Heinlein's Starship Troopers, we should not be sporting PVAs. While we do ground combat it is as Starfleet and aside from ST:Enterprise's MACOs, Starfleet has not had shipboard marines in canon in a very long time.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Cavadus wrote:
    Don't care.

You should care, there's this little thing called copyright...
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Memory Gamma? Good grief, Memory Beta has more credibility than Gamma.

And that suit is clunky as heck. How do you walk with so much bulk?
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    No thanks.

Would definitely disable visuals for this one.

And sexy?... wut?
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Latinumbar wrote:
    And sexy?... wut?

Methinks even a blind man would go "dude, what the hell".
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Joshmaul wrote:
    Methinks even a blind man would go "dude, what the hell".
    Yeah, the OP certainly has an... Interesting... Sense of style, but to each their own, I suppose. It looks ugly in my opinion.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Cavadus wrote:
    Don't care.

Do care, because violating intellectual property rights is a big no-no for game development.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    OP is clearly a chest-beating MARINES IN SPACE type.

There's nothing wrong with that by itself, of course. Even Starfleet, especially in this time of conflict, needs a few good men and women who will gladly don their armor and fight for the Federation.

Me, I like my comfy bridge and faux-leather uniforms. I dun wanna get'em dirty.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Jexsam wrote: »
    OP is clearly a chest-beating MARINES IN SPACE type.

There's nothing wrong with that by itself, of course. Even Starfleet, especially in this time of conflict, needs a few good men and women who will gladly don their armor and fight for the Federation.

Me, I like my comfy bridge and faux-leather uniforms. I dun wanna get'em dirty.

Not enough shoulder pad. I want my away team in battle armor with corsets. I won't be happy until that happens.

Actually, I'm happy with the fact I don't have to have to display the armor. I like being in 'standard' uniforms, like in the shows.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    The "nays" have it!! lol
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Destinii wrote:
    Not enough shoulder pad. I want my away team in battle armor with corsets. I won't be happy until that happens.

On that vein, I want my away team to basically be walking tanks.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    I agree that we need some different looking armor. But it is also true that this is Star Trek and not Halo or Starship Troopers.
    New armors, maybe even bulky looking ones, would be good. I mean look at our officers! The Federation is at war with...well everyone and our Starfleet Officers look like they escaped from Gotham City or Metropolis!!
    Is that Star Trek?
    I don't know. I think we need some armor but I also think we need some new stuff there! We have different parts to chage the appearance of our ships but we all wear the same armor...
    I'm normaly not one who compares one MMO with another but I have to say that I liked the way Star Wars Galaxies dealt with the whole armor thing. You had separate parts that you could mix and match as you liked, you where even able to wear belts, backpacks or clothes over your armor. If it is possible to do something like that with our ships here in STO, wouldn't it be possible to do it for our Captains and BOFFs too?
    I think it would be a cool addition.
    But the Devs want to give us more customization for our Charakters and even bring EVA Suits in an upcomming Season or FE, so we'll see.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Joshmaul wrote:
    On that vein, I want my away team to basically be walking tanks.

Why look like a walking tank when you can go out in style? ;)
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    That armor is hideous, then again so is the armor in the game.

It's Star Trek, there really shouldn't be any armor at all..
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    It's Star Trek, there really shouldn't be any armor at all..

This, I think Mobility is much more important in the Star Trek Universe, strapping metal and shield generators to your body might seem smart but that stuff weighs you down,(even with mobility enhancing equipment) maybe even enough for the enemy to chuck a bunch of Photon and Plasma grenades at you and promptly turn you into a well cooked soldier.

As been said, we are playing the Captains, we are not assault troops, our away teams are better compared to a Recon team. (In spite of the way some missions play out)
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    *runs away screaming from all the 40K stuff*

Ew! Ew! Ew!
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Carole-Ann wrote: »
    *runs away screaming from all the 40K stuff*

Ew! Ew! Ew!

At least she knows to call it 40k.

Personally I prefer the light fast stuff, like scout armor. Also inspired by John Steakley's Armor.

I'd dig up some of my power armor designs but I have plans for them, (that and I would have to scan them). According to the EULA Cryptic would own them if I posted them here. *I'd put a paranoid emoticon here if the site had one*

I wonder how that would work if I posted a link to Photo Bucket?