test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cannot Buy New Atari Points?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited June 2011 in The Academy
Have they disabled the ability to buy any more points?

I can get to the 'Buy More' page, & the amounts to buy are listed, but there is no Radio Button to choose an amount to buy.

Also, I had a weird experience with my password.

Has STO been TRIBBLE, or are Cryptic closing down? :confused:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    you forgot the most likely problem, theres a Bug on the website.

However it works fine for me
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    It's functioning fine. I suggest cleaning and securing your computer, sounds like a browser issue failing to render form elements properly, which in my experience can be due to browser hijacks meant to capture form entries, or ones that use proxy settings to hijack banner ads, HTTPS may not function fully through their proxies.

Can also be due to just being broken, IE and Firefox both have some rare-ish issues that can trash their rendering engines and cause certain elements not to appear correctly.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    just bought 500 points with no trouble at all.

i cant tell you what happened but as far as i can tell everything is 100% fine.

try again, maybe use a different browser or something.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Atari sold Cryptic right? Could that be causing it because they haven't reverted back to Cryptic points?
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    They're selling Cryptic. The deal is in progress, and for the time being, Atari still owns Cryptic.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    More information would be really helpful here. What browser are you using? Which URL are you on when this happens? What steps are you taking, one by one?

Anything and everything you could tell us would help trying to track down your problem.

As for your question: Nope, our end reads okay.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I just bought some yesterday, both for my account, and a gift Card for another player. Both went fine, and points were added to accounts as ordered.

The OP mentioned some issue with PW, could that be the problem? maybe the system did not recognize the account.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    WishStone wrote:
    More information would be really helpful here. What browser are you using? Which URL are you on when this happens? What steps are you taking, one by one?

Anything and everything you could tell us would help trying to track down your problem.

As for your question: Nope, our end reads okay.

I managed to get around it by going In-Game & using the Buy Atari Points button, so I managed to get the Bridge Officer Slots before time ran out :)