test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lifetime Subscription Sale

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    MinosOne wrote:
    Think of it this way, your lifetime subscription is more valuable if you bought it during Beta. You got an extra year of play out of that subscription that a new lifer will never get.
    Yep, and, like I posted, we (who purchased it before the launch) also got two free character slots. :)

I think we still got it cheaper, to boot.
    edited January 2011
    If it were $199 and included free C-Store access, I'd buy it.

However, I'm not gonna drop that much cash and then watch them develop more C-Store content with my cash infusion. I prefer my monthly so that when I buy from the C-Store, I can skip a month, and in turn, pay for the fluff!:D
    edited January 2011
    Man...I wish I had an extra $250 lying around right now :(
    edited January 2011
    Lifetime Subscription Sale...

Somehow, this feels like a anniversary sale. And, I'm saying that because I purchased mine before the release date of STO...if anyone feels the same. Anyway, kudos to new LT subscribers who purchased it from now to the end of the sales period! :D

I know it may be somewhat expensive for some, but it is worth it! ;)
    edited January 2011
    StormShade wrote:
    I had so much fun blowing you guys up with that sphere... :p

That said, I don't think something like that is in the works. There is still an in-game surprise waiting though!

I'm still hoping that this old 'friend' that is supposed to be showing up is Q. :D
    I think we still got it cheaper, to boot.

Yeah, we paid $239.99, same price as the upcoming sale. That's why I've always thought the $299.99 post-launch price was a bit much, really.
    edited January 2011
    StormShade wrote:

That said, I don't think something like that is in the works. There is still an in-game surprise waiting though!

Awwww I was hoping for some Dev/GM crazyness :p

Hmmm $239.99 ......sure that isn't too cheap :confused::p haha....too bad it's still in the 200's, oh well monthly is good enough for me haha....less than 20 days anyway till I go to the Captain's Table >_>
    edited January 2011
    Yay come join in on the Fun! I have been really happy with my lifetime well worth it! This game just keeps getting better happy one year!
    edited January 2011
    StormShade wrote:
    There's more in store to celebrate both of these auspicious occasions. We wanted to make sure you guys knew about this before the sale began however, to make sure interested people had time to consider there options.

Thanks,

Stormshade

So glad you guys finally offered a bit of a discount after a year. Considering I ordered my lifetime sub since the beta, I already got a good deal. I hope many more decide to get off the money TRIBBLE and grab a lifetime while it's on sale.
    StormShade wrote:

How about this year, you let us take those sphiere's out for a test drive while we assimilate the entire Cryptic team?!
    edited January 2011
    dammit i wont have the cash by then, I have a baby way. I hope you guys do a sales sometime soon after this one
    edited January 2011
    I will definetly be cashing in on this!!
    edited January 2011
    Do those who paid the original price get anything in compensation? I mean it's a bit harsh paying for a lifetime subscription before the game even got up and running for a higher cost, when those who come in and get the benefits of our dedication get it at a discount price.

Danar, I don't remember what I paid for the subscription back when the game launched - I think it's this same discount price - but my big benefit are the 180 dollars I haven't had to spend on subscription fees since, which you'd have to add up to this for everyone who decided to wait and see...

There's nothing harsh about it, at all.

And here's hoping the ingame surprise is a crew showing up to wrap ESD in plastic and fumigate the place while Starfleet temporarily moves into into the old spacedock rusting out behind the moon... then some rookie pest control guy lights up a cigarette, and there's much rejoicing for all. :D
    edited January 2011
    Awesome, nice to see some sales on this.

Unfortunately even though I've been wanting one for a while now, I won't be able to afford one for another year...maybe two, even with these sales heh. Ah well, good deal for those who can though! Can't wait to see what else is coming down the line.
    edited January 2011
    i like the sale. i want to know is it possible after the purchase and you recieve a borg character, can cryptic change my character from human to borg because i put a year into my character and dont want to dismiss him.
    edited January 2011
    Yeah! Finally I can get a lifetime! :)
    edited January 2011
    i like the sale. i want to know is it possible after the purchase and you recieve a borg character, can cryptic change my character from human to borg because i put a year into my character and dont want to dismiss him.

No, we can't do that right now. Although DStahl would like to be able to do something along these lines later on down the road.

Thanks,

Stormshade
    edited January 2011
    I agree but it still is a bit to expensive. Had they made it $199.00..... THen maybe I could afford it but I mean 60.00 less? Thats not that much. I'd rather see it as 199 or 139 would be nice
    edited January 2011
    I'm not Cryptic's biggest fan but I certainly do like Star Trek. I'm going blue :(
    edited January 2011
    StormShade wrote:
    There's more in store to celebrate both of these auspicious occasions. We wanted to make sure you guys knew about this before the sale began however, to make sure interested people had time to consider there options.

Thanks,

Stormshade

OMGZ!!!!!!! What could it be?!!! Now, I'll be thinking about this for all of next week!
    edited January 2011
    castmodean wrote: »
    It would be helpful if there was some sort of installment plan, you know like disney has :1

The installment play is the monthly sub. The entire point of the LT sub is Cryptic gets alot of money at once.
    edited January 2011
    My question to getting the lifetime is do you still get the 100/200/300 and soon 400 day vet. rewards?
    edited January 2011
    StormShade wrote:
    No, we can't do that right now. Although DStahl would like to be able to do something along these lines later on down the road.

Thanks,

Stormshade

thats a shame, i have read or heard him say something like that but there has been talk about so much that you just dont know whats going on anymore. i would love for this to happen because changing my human to borg without losing my yr worth of work is ideal and would purchase in a heart beat, but starting over the thought is making me ill. do you know if there is going to be an extra perk for buying lifetime other then price because the captains table is no longer exclusive.
    edited January 2011
    The sale price was the Pre Launch LTS Investor price. I know I paid it! Lucky for you guys cause they said this would be a one time prelaunch price, but we know how that goes!
    edited January 2011
    girl quit that hating lol :rolleyes:
    edited January 2011
    I think this LTS subscription is still pretty high since DC Universe Online is only 199.99 for a LTS?
    edited January 2011
    I agree but it still is a bit to expensive. Had they made it $199.00..... THen maybe I could afford it but I mean 60.00 less? Thats not that much. I'd rather see it as 199 or 139 would be nice

Yes, this is the perfect price point. I'm sure many others would buy it if it was 199.00
    edited January 2011

I don't mean to be rude, so please understand the following is me simply stating the truth.

I don't think you'll ever see the LTS for STO drop below this price ($239.99 USD).

There's a part of me that would love to eat those words. There's another part of that believes quite strongly that those who pre-ordered the Lifetime Subscription before many even had a chance to play the game in beta deserve to never see that price lower than they paid.

There's another part of me that thinks $299.99 for a lifetime subscription to an MMO, which could provide decades worth of entertainment is an absolutely amazing deal. (And yes, there are some predecessors to the now common "MMO" which are quite good, and have been around for decades. Some of you might remember Gemstone from the old 1200 baud modem days. Heck, I almost wish I could of bought a LTS for EQ!)

I understand that even at this reduced price, a Lifetime Subscription is prohibitively expensive for some. I also firmly believe that this is an absolutely incredible value for your entertainment dollars. In the end, it's up to you whether or not this purchase is worth the price.

Thanks,

Stormshade
    edited January 2011
    I'm personally a little miffed by this promotion.

Rationally, I understand that it'll increase the active playerbase of the game. It'll draw in interested customers. That's good - it means I'll have more people to play with.

However, with this, well... it signifies that having been a founding subscriber pretty much holds no more perks at all. It might've been more advantageous to hold off on buying the game for a year and then buy everything at its present much reduced price, with the game presently offering more features - save perhaps for the subscribed days-based veteran rewards.

Being miffed by it may be a bit petty, but it's still how I feel about it. Though, at the roots, this has more to do with me griping about marketing decisions for the game... and that's nothing the community representatives or the Devs can really do zilch about so it'd be silly to hold it against them. *sigh*

I really do look forward to more of the stuff that's to come for the anniversary, though.
    ..and the sexy PC Gamer open jacket. XD

edit: oh, I am so glad Stormshade can relate.
    edited January 2011
    I think they should offer a bigger discount for those of us with the 12 month recurring subscription. We all ready put in $119.99.
    edited January 2011
    Zoberraz wrote: »
    I'm personally a little miffed by this promotion.

Rationally, I understand that it'll increase the active playerbase of the game. It'll draw in interested customers. That's good - it means I'll have more people to play with.

However, with this, well... it signifies that having been a founding subscriber pretty much holds no more perks at all. It might've been more advantageous to hold off on buying the game for a year and then buy everything at its present much reduced price, with the game presently offering more features - save perhaps for the subscribed days-based veteran rewards.

Being miffed by it may be a bit petty, but it's still how I feel about it. Though, at the roots, this has more to do with me griping about marketing decisions for the game... and that's nothing the community representatives or the Devs can really do zilch about so it'd be silly to hold it against them. *sigh*

I really do look forward to more of the stuff that's to come for the anniversary, though.
    ..and the sexy PC Gamer open jacket. XD

edit: oh, I am so glad Stormshade can relate.

Well spoken ... my sentiments exactly
    edited January 2011
    I think they should offer a bigger discount for those of us with the 12 month recurring subscription. We all ready put in $119.99.

The people who paid monthly from day one put in $180...

Maybe either my logic or math skills are impaired, but I'm just, dieing to know what your point is there.

Edit: Unless you're talking about time left on a recurring yearly. That makes some sense. Especially if it's more than 4 months.
This discussion has been closed.