test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Command codes verified

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Why cryptic whyyyy oh whyy couldnt you add that little touch xD
I was majorly freaking out, and my inner trekie was in bliss when i saw one of the first trailers, that led me to belive that when you enterd your login info, the computer voice would say the lovely prase "Command codes verified" But alas, no such thing :/
Am i alone when i think that id be a totaly sweet (and easy) touch to add that?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Fubbe wrote:
    Why cryptic whyyyy oh whyy couldnt you add that little touch xD
    I was majorly freaking out, and my inner trekie was in bliss when i saw one of the first trailers, that led me to belive that when you enterd your login info, the computer voice would say the lovely prase "Command codes verified" But alas, no such thing :/
    Am i alone when i think that id be a totaly sweet (and easy) touch to add that?

yes..

/limit
    edited August 2010
    That would be too epic!
    edited August 2010
    Anything to make this feel MORE like a Trek game and not a brand X space shooter would be welcome. Why are these little things not being done??? This and pointed sideburns for Feds....
    edited August 2010
    From what I gather such nice little touches would be lost on the larger player base. As sad as I am to admit it, ST Fans are not as prevalent in STO as I had expected. Sometimes I feel that ST Fans are a very small fraction of STO's Subbers.
    edited August 2010
    I would hope anything like this would come with an option toggle. Because I do think it would be really cool the first time or two. Then it would be okay, then maybe somewhat annoying . . . and so on. The joy of something like this tends to rapidly deteriorate when you have to hear it over and over and over. (I don't know how many songs I really enjoyed I've had 'spoiled' by this kind of constant repetition on workplace 'radio' loops and such. Ugh.)

Witness Dabo and how long it's taken for the complaints to start rolling in about Leeta's constant babble. That's good quality voice-work, IMO, and is really very enjoyable taken in small doses at appropriate times. But once it's auto-spammed at us all the time, it just really loses it's appeal.
    edited August 2010
    From what I gather such nice little touches would be lost on the larger player base. As sad as I am to admit it, ST Fans are not as prevalent in STO as I had expected. Sometimes I feel that ST Fans are a very small fraction of STO's Subbers.

Show me one non Star Trek fan playing STO just one. Personally only a Star Trek fan would endure this mess of a game.
    edited August 2010
    Presbytier wrote: »
    Show me one non Star Trek fan playing STO just one. Personally only a Star Trek fan would endure this mess of a game.

You think that people who name their Captains LoveslaveXXX and their ship U.S.S. Do Me Hard are ST fans ? They must know a ST i don´t. :D
    edited August 2010
    Has to be voiced by Majel Barret Roddenberry or no-go.

Or yoink the login sounds from the omnipedia database.
  • hawk1971hawk1971 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    You think that people who name their Captains LoveslaveXXX and their ship U.S.S. Do Me Hard are ST fans ? They must know a ST i don´t. :D

not a fan of this game ........ i have tried to login into the game since i first placed it on my system ... but now i find out that it takes up to if not longer to recive a 6 digit code just to login into the game WTFH is the makers of this game that hard up for members or people that are willing to pay to play this game are they kidding me i waited for over a month to recive a code of sorts to be able to get into the game and play it but everytimr i up-date it ... the code that they just sent is no longer any good to use why do they not have an auto send code so that you can get back into the game after you update it ... this thing having to type in a code everytime you login or up-date it is not good and it needs to done away with and change it back to the way that it was before it was screwed with .. i mean get real does it really take a month to send a code that is needed to get into the game and hang out with your buddies and friends or even with your fleet members ..... really STO does it take that long ... it ticke me off just to check my e-mail address that i have with the STO game everyday just to see that in over the past month i have yet to recive it or at least a hint that a e-mail with the code was sent to my email box io have tried being nice and wait for it but waiting for a month or even longer is far to long to wait for anything from you that has anything to do with this game .. you all failed at PR and at CS figure out what those letters mean and find a way to fix it for the better
  • jg2112jg2112 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I completely agree. It should be easy to put them in since Cryptic already recorded that for each of their ship trailers. There should be a klingon version as well.
  • liquidacid29liquidacid29 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2012

hey now my first toon was named Ben Dover and flew the USS Rear Entry and I'm a ST fan...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    [Rolls into the thread while activating Target Optics and unholstering the [Zombie Control Compression Pistol of Epicosity Mk XIV], shoots and vaporizes this exposed Zombie thread!] :cool:

This thread was raised from the dead (after no posts for 30 days or more) and it had to be put down.

Please remember to check the dates of threads; and if you find an old thread raised from the dead which violates the [URL=" http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/announcement.php?&a=51"]PWE Community Rules and Policies[/URL] just report it and avoid posting in it.

Note that you're more than welcome to start a new thread on the topic (unless there is an existing thread on the topic that has received a post within the last 30 days, in which case you can just continue to post in that thread)! :)

Thanks,

syberghost
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".
This discussion has been closed.